Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Printer issues

heidiho
June 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Ok so my printer at work says OFFLINE,i was told that once you take out ink cartigage(howevr you spell it) that it will do that,how do you fix printer or where do you go to get it back ONLINE

jiorji
June 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
ummm you turn it back on :o

heidiho
June 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM
:laughing: Yeah i wish it was that simple.It is on i have unplugged it replugged it back in,nope,still saying offline.

wdawson
June 26th, 2007, 06:40 PM
go to control panel.......click on printers.......look for the printer you have installed......set as default......right click i think

heidiho
June 26th, 2007, 07:26 PM
ok it only says use printer offline,delete,rename,properties,sharing.etc

CyberKitten
June 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
If you are really having difficulties, just reinstall the driver that came with it - that usually works well. Or if it is a shared one, ask the network admin to reinstall it for your computer and click share.

I usually find my printer probs are either a cable is out - and I wish I could find a converter between the old fashioned cables to the new USB ones. I have 2 printer/fax.cop/scanners at home and they both require USB cables. I bought them - and had one with an extra hard drive but oooh, that irls me. I have several cables that came with my HP laser printer combo and I really like that printer!! And I'd like to be able to still use those cables even tho I know UBS is much simpler.

Also turning a printer off and on often helps.

But the thing that works best for me when I cannot seem to get a printer to work and all else fails (and I have a system at my office where all scripts and other data go to from a computer in each exam room to a central printer located in a strategic location so I can just had it to to the patient.) is I just reinstall the whole thing. The problem is usually solved.

To do this, it is always best to delete the current default printer and ass a new one and make it the default printer. Good luck!!