Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No Monsters In The Bathroom...

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 09:52 PM
...Just lots of treats and praise :D . So, Lucky made it into the bathroom 3 days in a row. He only stayed a minute or two but that's been the longest in the 9 months we've had him :) . I could tell he was still very nervous and kept looking back over his shoulder (can't figure out why, like he was afraid someone would sneak up behind him :shrug: ). Nevertheless, he made it all the way in and got lots of rewards for doing so :D .

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 09:56 PM
No, there's no one behind ya.

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Come on honey, almost there....Yes! Good boy!

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 10:44 PM
awww good boy Lucky !!!! I so lol when I saw the first pic :laughing: too cute.

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2007, 10:49 PM
He looks so worried at first! :grouphug: Poor guy!

He looks quite happy to get his reward, though! :D

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 10:53 PM
The poor puppy gets spooked so easily :sad: , but he's improving, bit by bit :) . I find it sad though that a lot of people are so nervous around him. I guess it's because it's pretty obvious he's so skittish. But if you stand still for a few minutes, not attempt to touch or look at him, and let him smell you (a treat or two doesn't hurt either :D ), he becomes your instant best friend. One of my BILs came over last night and after a whole 2 minutes of skitting around the house, he came and sat by him for cuddles the entire time he was here. He's so come a long way. :thumbs up my Lucky boy :lovestruck: .

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Poor Lucky :sad: I think I was able to pet him a couple of times. But usually I get this little black lab that comes to lick my face and ask for a belly rub :D :lovestruck:

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Poor Lucky :sad: I think I was able to pet him a couple of times. But usually I get this little black lab that comes to lick my face and ask for a belly rub :D :lovestruck:

Little Black Lab??? You make Penny sound so polite :laughing: instead of the obnoxious, exuberant, slobbery puppy she is :laughing: :lovestruck: .

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 11:25 PM
He looks so worried at first! :grouphug: Poor guy!

I can't help but laugh when I see that it takes him about 20 attempts to finally come all the way into the bathroom. He'll take a step in, stretches his neck to get a better view, and then backs out quickly before he tries again. He just does this over and over until he's sure it's safe to come in. He gently takes his treat and backs out real quick again. And then it starts over. The only time he'll give up altogether is if he hears a noise behind him or if someone else comes close. He's much improved in the kitchen but won't walk through it (we have 2 entrances to it) so he just kind of hangs around the threshold. Silly boy. He's been finally weaned off the Clomicalm so I have to work extra hard with him in continuing our de-sensitizing exercises. So far so good.

TeriM
June 26th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Such a handsome, brave boy :lovestruck: . I love the look on his face in the second pic :) .

chico2
June 26th, 2007, 06:22 AM
I don't know the story behind Lucky and why he is so skittish,but if anyone can cure him of his angst,it's you:thumbs up
He is a very handsome boy:love:

jessi76
June 26th, 2007, 08:06 AM
wow, he does look rather worried... but it sounds like you're making GREAT progress!

Frenchy
June 26th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Little Black Lab??? You make Penny sound so polite :laughing: instead of the obnoxious, exuberant, slobbery puppy she is :laughing: :lovestruck: .

But she just has a slight case of ADD :D

Hunter's_owner
June 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Awww he really does look worried in that first pic.
Sounds a lot like Cassie, she is always skittish at first, but once she gets to know you she is a realy lap dog:cloud9:

SableCollie
June 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Yay Lucky! :thumbs up It's funny the things that animals can be scared of. Hopefully one day, he won't even worry about the "bathroom monsters" anymore! :fingerscr

dmc123
June 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Maybe he doesn't like your wonderful tile floor in the bathroom...?? Mine prefer any room that has carpet or a rug, but it looks like your hallway is hardwood....

He's a handsome dog.

Keep up the good work.

Diane

rainbow
June 26th, 2007, 06:50 PM
WOO HOO for Lucky. :highfive:

At first I was thinking that he was afraid to go into the bathroom because perhaps whoever had him before either didn't like him in there and scared him out or gave him a bath in the tub which frightened him. But, then you mentioned he doesn't like going in the kitchen either. Do you have the same flooring in the kitchen and the bathroom? :shrug: