Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Little Miss Kitty

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Finally...my very 1st foster kitten.

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Oh, my, luckypenny! What striking eyes she has! :lovestruck: :cloud9: What a darling! How old did you think she was? 4 weeks? She is absolutely precious! :lovestruck:

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 10:33 PM
She is a cutie-pie, eh? I figure about 4-4 1/2 weeks. Under all that fur, she's just the tiniest little thing. She wasn't eating too well when she first arrived but, especially today, she was really hungry and couldn't get enough food into her :) .

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 11:40 PM
aww there she is !! I remember this kitty face ! She's a cutie LP, she is still doing good ?

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 11:45 PM
aww there she is !! I remember this kitty face ! She's a cutie LP, she is still doing good ?

She's doing great. So much more alert than when we first saw her. I think it was fate that I walked into your office at that particular time :) . She's finally fallen asleep after several hours of play with my older son and the toys BMDluver gave her. She also loves to play with the litter in the litterbox. Not her poop :eek: , just the pebbles :D . She really is a sweetie :cloud9: .

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I think it was fate that I walked into your office at that particular time :) .

You bet it was , thank you so much ! Maybe all of this happened because a kitty was missing in your family :rolleyes:

CyberKitten
June 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Oh my gosh, what an adorable little girl!!! How lucky you are to have her and how lucky she is to have you!!!! Thank you for helping this wonderful cute kitten!!!! You will never ever regret it and in fact you may become addicted to kittens :) - that I can grantee!!!

luckypenny
June 26th, 2007, 12:34 AM
You bet it was , thank you so much ! Maybe all of this happened because a kitty was missing in your family :rolleyes:

Funny, hahaha. Unfortunately, we can't possibly keep her as much as I'd love to. I can't trust Lucky because his prey drive is just too high. He lays by her crate and stares at her and when she's in my arms, he licks her. But, I've seen him go after small animals (other than dogs) before and it's not a pretty sight and he's very difficult to control when he gets fixated. I really can't take a chance and it just wouldn't be fair to her if I had to keep her locked up in a room all her life. There's a right home for her out there and I know we'll find it soon :goodvibes: .

luckypenny
June 26th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Oh my gosh, what an adorable little girl!!! How lucky you are to have her and how lucky she is to have you!!!! Thank you for helping this wonderful cute kitten!!!! You will never ever regret it and in fact you may become addicted to kittens :) - that I can grantee!!!

Thanks CK...and I don't doubt the addiction. I've had cats all my life until my children were born but they both had asthma and bronchitis as infants so we went without animal companions for many years. (I did bring home so many strays as a child, I thought my mom would abandon me :D , I'd get her so mad :D ). With Lucky though, now's not the right time for a forever kitty, but I can provide them with care until the right family comes along.

TeriM
June 26th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Such a cutie :cloud9: . You are an angel for fostering her (especially considering those allergies :eek: ).

chico2
June 26th, 2007, 07:17 AM
OMG,I am kind of glad I don't live too close,my boys would fall in love(not!!)what a little sweetheart:lovestruck:
So glad she's in loving hands,even if they are allergic:cat:

poodletalk
June 26th, 2007, 08:02 AM
awwww, what a cutie ;)

Do you have anyone interested in adopting her yet?

happycats
June 26th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Awwwww she is so cute!!:cloud9: And :thumbs up to you for fostering, your an :angel: !!!!:)

jessi76
June 26th, 2007, 09:23 AM
omg, that little furry face!!! :lovestruck: you're a real :angel: for helping this little one!

cpietra16
June 26th, 2007, 09:44 AM
:cloud9: I miss fostering kittens. Forgot how cute they truly are:love:

jiorji
June 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM
*sigh*:cloud9:

rainbow
June 26th, 2007, 07:59 PM
She is absolutely adorable. :cloud9: I would adopt her in a heartbeat if I was there. :o ......Frenchy wouldn't Monsieur Le Chat like a cute little sister????? :D .......Jiorji, I bet Peanut and Twiggy would love a new playmate. ;)

Smiley14
June 26th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Ohhh, she is adorable!!! I can't imagine someone not wanting to adopt her very soon!!!! Thank you for taking such good care of her in the meantime!!! :grouphug:

Frenchy
June 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM
......Frenchy wouldn't Monsieur Le Chat like a cute little sister????? :D

It almost happened ! This little kitty was left in my office last Friday ! A coworker found her , put her in a box and left her to me !!! While I was working :frustrated: and then I had the call to pick up Paco at the shelter... so thank dog LP :angel: came to visit me.

luckypenny
June 28th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Update...Little Miss Kitty is actually Little Mr. Kitty :o :laughing: .

I brought him in to the vet this morning for a check-up and de-worming meds. I was told that he's super healthy and "oh so adorable!" All the vet technicians came to hold and fawn over him :cloud9: .

They offered to place him for me as they have clients looking to adopt healthy kittens and one of the technicians who went completely gaga over him had asked if she could care for him until then. They're pretty sure he'll have the most wonderful home by early next week :fingerscr , and will call me with updates (which I'll pass on of course). I wasn't expecting this from the clinic at all and am so touched by their offers to help. Truly people who've chosen their professions for the love of animals :) .

Frenchy
June 28th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I am waiting to hear from one of the vet tech I know over there, I think she might be the one who adopted her , ahem , him :D but "IT" looked so much like a girl kitty hey ? :confused:

jiorji
June 28th, 2007, 11:15 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!it's a boy!!

sorry we here only adopt FEMALES :rolleyes: so i'm off the hook :D

luckypenny
June 28th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Well then I'll keep you in mind when a little girl comes along :) .

jiorji
June 28th, 2007, 11:22 PM
heheh you're sneaky:evil:

hazelrunpack
June 28th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Oh, I love unexpected surprises! Wasn't quite expecting it to be quite that radical, though, LP! :eek: A gender change! :laughing:

What a great run of coincidences. I think Mr Kitty should borrow from his buddy and take the name Lucky! :D

I love happy endings. :cloud9:

rainbow
June 29th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Well, I'm not surprised that there is a line-up for this cute little guy. :cloud9:

Frenchy and Jiorji...... I thought for sure you two would be fighting over him. :D

Regarding the sex mistake.....It's very easy to do when they're that young. When I rescued my Siamese X he was only 4 to 5 weeks old and I was sure that he was a she. I was calling "her" Zoey and "she" was coming to it. It wasn't until I took "her" to the vet a few weeks later that I found out "she" was a "he". And, since he was used to being called Zoey I didn't want to call him Joey so I opted for Ziggy. :laughing: :o

chico2
June 29th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Aww,a little boy-kitty:lovestruck:
Lucky suits him just fine,because he certainly is:cloud9:

luckypenny
July 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Little Mister Kitty, now Alex, has been adopted :highfive: . A family who had recently bought a kitten at a pet store brought her in to the vet because she was ill. There they met Alex, and when their first kitten was treated and well, they brought Alex home with them too :) .

jiorji
July 7th, 2007, 11:32 PM
oh happy ending!!:love:

otter
July 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Congrats Alex! You're a real cutie . It's sure nice that you will have a friend at your new house too.

LP it was so great of you to get this little guy off to a great start in life :thumbs up

TeriM
July 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah! I just love happy endings :) .

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 01:03 AM
WOO HOO for Alex. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Hoorah for Alex! :highfive: Happy stories are the best! :cloud9:

chico2
July 8th, 2007, 07:46 AM
That's great news for Alex,2 kittens are ALWAYS better than one:cat:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Frenchy and Jiorji...... I thought for sure you two would be fighting over him. :D

:laughing: I know Monsieur le chat seemed allright with Badger's cats when she rescued him but I'm not too sure if I would adopt another cat now , he's so protective of his dogs :laughing:

Hurray for Alex (still think he looks more like a she)

CyberKitten
July 8th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I'll think good vibes :goodvibes: (Had to look for that smilie but I knew it was there, lol) that he finds a good home. Lucky Mister Kitty!! Maybe you can call him Itty Bitty Kitty. :)

Had to add - it is hard to start thinking of a cat or dog as one gender when you have been calling him or her by another for even a short while. Mister still looks like a Miss to me too. Whatever gender, he is a cutie!

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 08:00 PM
:laughing: I know Monsieur le chat seemed allright with Badger's cats when she rescued him but I'm not too sure if I would adopt another cat now , he's so protective of his dogs :laughing: [QUOTE]

Then a kitty playmate would give him another job to do. :D

[QUOTE=Frenchy]Hurray for Alex (still think he looks more like a she)

That's because Alex is sooooo cute. :cloud9: