Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gracie

lbiessen
June 25th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Well some of ya'll may have read my post about my new puppy with the mange. She is being treated, the boarder did pay the bill, we had a great weekend. Except for the scratching, she seems to be doing ok. She goes back friday to the vet for a recheck.

I have noticed that a couple of times a day she likes gags and then spits up or throws up clear liquid. We called the vet and they said her stomach may be just upset or from the dip medecine, or from the antiobiotics she's on. She's still drinking and eating and going to the rest room ok. Should i be concerned.
The vets office didn't seem to think it was big deal. But said to watch her and call back this afternoon if she is still doing this.

Also how do you post pictures? I tried and it keeps telling me failed.

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Glad to hear your puppy is doing good. How often are you feeding her per day? Sometimes puppies will also vomit if their stomachs are empty for too long. Under 3-4 months old, she ought to be eating every 5-6 hours, 4 times per day. You may find that this will help settle her stomach.

As for posting photos, this thread will help: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24118

Can't wait to see them :)

lbiessen
June 25th, 2007, 01:30 PM
She's 7 weeks old, and i'm feeding her 3-4 times a day, but like this a.m. she harldy ate. Even though she went to the vet Friday, we are bringing her back this afternoon, I'd rather be safe.

luckypenny
June 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
...we are bringing her back this afternoon, I'd rather be safe.

Sounds like a good idea, wish more owners would be as conscientious as you. Let us know what happens.

lbiessen
June 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Ok I"m trying to post a picture of little gracie.

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Awww , Gracie is adorable ! Good luck with her :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Aw, she's a little doll! Good luck with her tummy issues--likely it is just the meds, but I'm glad you're bringing her in to the vet to be sure. When you get back from the vet, please update us on your cutie :fingerscr --and, now that you have the hang of it, more pictures, too, please! :D

chico2
June 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Awww what a little darling,they are so fragile,I hope she will be fine:pray: and yes,we adore puppy-pics!!

rainbow
June 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Gracie is soooo cute. :lovestruck: She was pretty young to be dipped though so I think that's probably what's causing the upset tummy. :sad: Good luck at the vet :fingerscr :goodvibes: and, more pics please. :D

pags
June 25th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I can't resist puppy pics... And that is one really adorable puppy. :lovestruck:

I hope she starts feeling better soon. As hazelrun said -- please be sure to update us after the visit to the vet!!!

BusterBoo
June 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
:lovestruck: I'm partial to tzus!!!!!!

Gracie is a real cutie and I hope she gets better soon!!!!

CyberKitten
June 26th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Oh my, she looks so fragile and vulnerable- so young!! Thx for sharing the picture and good luck!!! Is there a reason you have her so young? Did you rescue her from somewhere and there is no mama? I hope you have some dogs to help her develop in that one or two weeks (8-12 wks seems to be the norm depending on the breed of course) - I wish you the best of luck!!! I have brought up more than a few orphaned kitties (bottle babies) and they almost all turned out OK, amazingly, heheh So yu should do fine since I assume she is on solid food now.

Good luck!!! Please keep us updated!