Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Group Of Seven

lilmegshepherds
June 25th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Everyone has their colour and their name now.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x275/lilmegshepherds/ebonypups002.jpg

{red} Yukon's Ace a black and tan male [we are keeping for further training]

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x275/lilmegshepherds/ebonypups003.jpg

{purple} Yukon's Ajax a black and tan male who is huge

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x275/lilmegshepherds/ebonypups006.jpg

{blue} Yukon's Axel a solid black male [we are keeping for further training]

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x275/lilmegshepherds/ebonypups008.jpg

{pink} Yukon's Ariel a solid black female she was the first born!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x275/lilmegshepherds/ebonypups010.jpg

{maroon} Yukon's Autumn a black and tan female who has a white toe likely due to Ebony carrying the white gene but it will fill in and be black as she grows.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x275/lilmegshepherds/ebonypups011.jpg

{peach} Yukon's Aspen a solid black female she is the smallest and the last one born!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x275/lilmegshepherds/ebonypups013.jpg

{gold} Yukon's April a black and tan female with a tiny tiny {a couple of hairs} white spot on her chest and two white toes which again will likely turn black as she grows.

SableCollie
June 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Cute puppies with their cute little noses and little feet and little tails....:lovestruck:

I see it is an "A" litter, I always wonder how people can come up with names for some of the tougher letters of the alphabet!

What will little "Ace" be trained for? Schutzhund? He's so little, I can't imagine him being all grown up!

lilmegshepherds
June 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Cute puppies with their cute little noses and little feet and little tails....:lovestruck:

I see it is an "A" litter, I always wonder how people can come up with names for some of the tougher letters of the alphabet!

What will little "Ace" be trained for? Schutzhund? He's so little, I can't imagine him being all grown up!

Axel and Ace will start with basic obedience and then branch off into either tracking, protection or agility depending on where their temperaments, minds and abilities take us.
They may only lead us to family pets; to be perfectly honest at this young age it is too hard to say.

Yes this is our "A" litter and we are stopping to concentrate on training these two little ones. "B" litter will be a few years away!

pags
June 25th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Little round puppies. What could be better? They look great!!!! Good luck with the whole litter!!

badger
June 25th, 2007, 03:49 PM
They look like little hippos!! So sweet, hard to believe they are GSDs.

SableCollie
June 25th, 2007, 08:03 PM
They look like little hippos!!
Oh my gosh, that is exactly what they look like!!!!

jessi76
June 25th, 2007, 08:07 PM
congrats on the beautiful litter!!

Dog Dancer
June 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Okay, I'm a little behind here - beautiful puppies. Good luck with them all. Good to see some responsible breeding here.:thumbs up

lilmegshepherds
June 28th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Okay, I'm a little behind here - beautiful puppies. Good luck with them all. Good to see some responsible breeding here.:thumbs up

Thank you.

Litter "B" will be even further away now as Ebony has abandoned the puppies. We are hand raising. She will be spayed and re homed. Obviously she is not meant to be a mommy! Time for her to be a dog! I will be doing home checks and treating her re homing the same as any rescue that we have.

We had big plans for Ebony and were hoping to possibly breed her one more time after she had a long break but not knowing this. She is still a great dog; just not a good mom.

Lots of work for us but that is ok. We do not mind at all.

LavenderRott
June 28th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I find it a bit odd that you didn't know that she was not a good mom since this is her third litter.

I am also a bit confused. In another thread you stated that this was to be her last litter.

Sorry forgot to answer that question

No this is Ebony's third and final litter.

She will be spayed once puppies are weaned!

Quoted fom your post in this thread -

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41870

rainbow
June 29th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I also can't understand how you can just get rid of her because you can no longer breed her. :sad: Is that all she meant to you? :eek:

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I find it a bit odd that you didn't know that she was not a good mom since this is her third litter.

I am also a bit confused. In another thread you stated that this was to be her last litter.

Quoted fom your post in this thread -

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41870

I was under the understanding that my husband and I had decided to retire her after this litter. However he has suggested that he was considering breeding her one more time. Either way makes no difference now she is not breeding material.

How would I know what she was like with her first two litters? I did not own her. Her previous owners said she was a great mom. Obviously their idea of great and my idea of great are vastly different.

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 07:58 AM
I also can't understand how you can just get rid of her because you can no longer breed her. :sad: Is that all she meant to you? :eek:

I am not just getting rid of her because she can no longer breed. She means a lot more to us which is why we feel she deserves a family and individual attention.

How much attention do think she will get with us?

We will be training two pups and raising our children. Do you think it better we keep her and she remain a kennel dog? I think she would be much happier living in a house with a family!

I have a small house and only can have so many in it. Priority right now is the puppies and when they are weaned priority will be training two pups.

Dog Dancer
June 29th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I'm a little disappointed to hear you will be re-homing her since she doesn't fit into the plans anymore.:sad: I understand that many breeders do this, but I just don't see how it can be done. I adoped my girls, when one turned up to have SA (and has for nine years) we didn't re-home her, we just adjusted us to fit to her. I can't understand parting ways because she's a bad mommy. The pups are gorgeous, but I'd keep mom and just one pup if that's the case. Sorry, just how I feel.

Toonces
June 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Why are you breeding? after you wanted to adopt an intact rescue from
us to breed, and we turned you down and explained the plight of GSDs in
need of rescue in Ontario and elsewhere, you said you would never breed.
I don't understand

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'm a little disappointed to hear you will be re-homing her since she doesn't fit into the plans anymore.:sad: I understand that many breeders do this, but I just don't see how it can be done. I adoped my girls, when one turned up to have SA (and has for nine years) we didn't re-home her, we just adjusted us to fit to her. I can't understand parting ways because she's a bad mommy. The pups are gorgeous, but I'd keep mom and just one pup if that's the case. Sorry, just how I feel.

Well like I said if we keep her she lives her life in the kennel because I only have enough room and time for a certain number. We feel it is best to re home her where she is the only dog.
With all the rescuing we do and training I just do not feel she will have a happy life.

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Why are you breeding? after you wanted to adopt an intact rescue from
us to breed, and we turned you down and explained the plight of GSDs in
need of rescue in Ontario and elsewhere, you said you would never breed.
I don't understand

I am really sorry but I think you have me confused with someone else.
We rescue!
We have never tried to adopt any rescued GSD from anyone {we cannot afford to adopt rescues to re home}
I did not even know there was a GSD rescue in Belleville.

Interesting!

I only know of two gsd rescues in Ontario.

The one in Toronto {never ever actually dealt with them in anyway} but heard they did great things.

One up in northern Ontario that breeds their rescues.

I have never told anyone I would never breed! I have actually battled on many forums to the opposite.

You really must have me confused with someone else.

LavenderRott
June 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Man. I am really confused.

You rescued this dog - Ebony - that was chained to a doghouse in someone's backyard and you bred her to your APR registered male?

I must be getting slow in my old age, but I thought you were a reputable breeder and supplied dogs to police departments and such.

chico2
June 29th, 2007, 05:20 PM
This is getting more confusing by the minute,I just hope Ebony will end up with an owner who loves her for the beautiful dog she is:pray:

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Man. I am really confused.

You rescued this dog - Ebony - that was chained to a doghouse in someone's backyard and you bred her to your APR registered male?

I must be getting slow in my old age, but I thought you were a reputable breeder and supplied dogs to police departments and such.

Yes you are confused.

We did not rescue Ebony; we bought her!

How they took care of her was their business; although we disagreed with them. They were BYBers.

This is my very first litter so how could have supplied dogs to police departments and such.

I have not supplied any dogs to anyone...yet!

Yes we bred her to our APR/CKC registered male! SO?

That was the plan all along or we would never have bought her! Sorry but that is the plain facts. Our dogs live as pets but they all have a job to do. Yukon works...he tracks.
The pups will be trained.

Ebony use to protect sort of! Her job was to be a mom; a job she did not do well. But she still deserves a good family life.

No one asked anyone to agree with anything we do. We are happy with all of our choices and in the end that is all that matters to me!

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 06:07 PM
This is getting more confusing by the minute,I just hope Ebony will end up with an owner who loves her for the beautiful dog she is:pray:

She will! We will make sure of it. First she will be spayed before leaving our property. Anyone interested in her will have to pass the same evaluations as anyone who adopts any of our rescues. But NO Ebony is not a rescue. She is a retired breeding dog!

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Now you are all welcome to continue this confusing routine or you can enjoy the pictures which is the whole reason they were posted.

We have no regrets. We are extremely proud of everything we have and will continue to do.

We do not require anyone else's approval and needless to say....we are able to make our own decisions.

I am not interested in debating my business. I do not tell anyone else what to do so I expect the same in return.

Have a great night
A wonderful weekend

An even better Canada Day

I know I will
:D

Duchess
June 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM
APR registered male? What is APR?

Toonces
June 29th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I foster for GSD rescue, which you can see from my posts. No, I am not confused, you are Heather are you not? I have your application, and your emails sent to the rescue. We were also not the only rescue you applied to.

I am really sorry but I think you have me confused with someone else.
We rescue!
We have never tried to adopt any rescued GSD from anyone {we cannot afford to adopt rescues to re home}
I did not even know there was a GSD rescue in Belleville.

Interesting!

I only know of two gsd rescues in Ontario.

The one in Toronto {never ever actually dealt with them in anyway} but heard they did great things.

One up in northern Ontario that breeds their rescues.

I have never told anyone I would never breed! I have actually battled on many forums to the opposite.

You really must have me confused with someone else.

LavenderRott
June 29th, 2007, 09:02 PM
APR registered male? What is APR?

American Purebred Registry. The largest mill registry in the U.S.

Duchess
June 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM
American Purebred Registry. The largest mill registry in the U.S.

Lovely. :rolleyes:

Rottielover
June 29th, 2007, 09:13 PM
WOW that is all I can say, and all I will say :fingerscr for her to find a permanent real loving home and no more breeding

Duchess
June 29th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I foster for GSD rescue, which you can see from my posts. No, I am not confused, you are Heather are you not? I have your application, and your emails sent to the rescue. We were also not the only rescue you applied to.

Toonces, I saw Heather's name in her profile and now I know why she sounds so familiar. Didn't she want a female to breed to her male that was just a pup at the time?

Frenchy
June 29th, 2007, 09:22 PM
We rescue!

oh no no no , people who rescue don't breed dogs, I was trying to keep out of your threads, after you posted your website adress, it was clear to me you are a BYB. :shrug:

CyberKitten
June 29th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Oh my, they are cute!! Is A the letter the CKC is using this year for registering new litters of champions? Just curious - with all the A - sometimes there are letters, I have not registered a litter -just purebred kitties that are Champion quality and show quality cats. Same for my dogs - they were already registered by the breeder, unless they were rescues. I do not want to add to the pet population even tho I have 2 grand champion Sphynxes and one pedigreed Show Quality (about 8 generations of great genetics and champions- parents were both champions or she would never have been brought into the world as per her breeder and Cat Fancy's beliefs and Siamese standards) Siamese. They are all spayed even though I have been bombarded by requests for their offspring (sigh - I do not understand people sometimes!!) When some in the Siamese community discovered I had the only show quality kitten from YY's litter, there were people who actually asked to be put on a list once she won some championships and was bred with some other meezer champion. They were so disappointed when I explained that "well no, I do possess expertise in cat care and even some show experience and rescuing cats and caring for orphan kitties of all descriptions - mostly adorable moggies, lol - I refuse to be part of the problem when it comes to allowing my cat, no matter how close she is to and may enhance the Siamese standard, to have kittens! Plus, I am concerned for my cats' health and the earlier she is spayed, the better for her!! Why is it so hard to explain to some pele? Gawd!!

Anyway - good luck with your puppies- which ones are show and which ones are pet quality? I am assuming you are as registered breeder here- did not read all the responses (my usual hurry, lol). With a litter of 7, you may have 1 or 2, right? What kind of dogs are they - sorry, I did not see that. Which ones will you show? How many championships has the mom won? Do you enjoy that process - I know it is an expensive one - I have another physician friend who is getting out of breeding her Yorkies for that reason and she has also come to the conclusion there are so many Yorkies that need good homes, she hates to bring any more into the world. Hers are so very cute but as she says, so are the ones in rescue, seeking homes.

Good luck finding good homes for these guys. Many ppl just want a pet quality one anyway. I ended up with a Show Quality meezer only because she was the one I fell in love with - her personality, so outgoing and lovable!!! And she is still like that!

CyberKitten
June 29th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Oh no, I just read Frenchy's post - you are a BYB??? Why would you do this? Bring these dogs into the world when there are not enough homes? I have always wondered what someone who runs a BYB would say. OMG!!! I rescind everything I say before except for why I do not believe in just anyone breeding - only purebred champion dogs and cats are allowed to be bred- anyone else is a back yard breeder!!!!

I do hope you find good homes but make sure you do a home visit and do not charge an exhorbitant fee - but don't give them away either. Pets are not to make money with!!! They are living, breathing creatures who need love and care. You are fortunate these turned out OK- but are you registered?

I guess I am so shocked - even on a cats forum I have looked at, it is against the rules to post litters that are from unregulated breeders and this site has a policy of not allowing just any rescue group post either - you must go through a process - even my Siamese Rescue Group is not registered here. (We prob would be if I wrote a proposal but we have a web site and are a large group so I have not done so yet.) So, I do not understand why your posting is allowed?????? Pictures of a rescued dog's puppies I understand but if you are seeking homes by using this site, I am appalled to be honest! With all due respect, I hope you reconsider before you do this again and please spay this dog asap! Surely you must realize this is a VERY pro spay and neuter site! We will help rescued puppies and dogs nd cats and rabbits and other animals but not backyard breeders!

luckypenny
June 30th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Oh My God! I am so totally and utterly disgusted. You are a reputable breeder??? Reputable breeders have homes for their pups even before a bitch is bred. You have to sell your puppies through on-line classifieds??? You bred your dog already knowing all her faults??? And you're "willing to accept any offer" for her??? You "may even consider free to good home???" You will not have her spayed, you're expecting the new owners to prepay it!! You never even mention she's just had a litter!!! You will train new puppies??? You can't even train her!!! And you claim to love her??? You have no moral right to breed animals, nor to own them! Your self-righteousness is appalling to say the very least!

http://www.adpost.com/ca/pets/26024/
http://www.adpost.com/ca/pets/25954/
http://k9superiortraining.piczo.com/?cr=5&rfm=y

rainbow
June 30th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Well said, Luckypenny.....I agree 100% :thumbs up It is absolutely deplorable the way she breeds :eek: :sad: :mad: I hope Ebony finds the truly loving home that she so deserves. :fingerscr

mona_b
June 30th, 2007, 03:02 AM
VERY well said...........:highfive:

I bit my tongue long enough.

These dogs have NO titles.And they have NOT been health/genetic tested/cleared.

I'm sorry,but I highly doubt that even Yukon came from a reputable breeder.If he did,he would have came with a neuter contract or a non breeding contract.And ONLY the breeder can lift the non breeding contract.Reason,the dog has earned CH title and has passed health clearances.Then and only then will it be lifted.

This breed is so very close to my heart as I have grown up with them and have raised 3.And it totally disgusts me how much this breed can be ruined at times by BYB's.

Duchess
June 30th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I can't understand why someone would have bred these two dogs, unless it was to sell puppies and make a few bucks. :mad: There's no evidence of health testing, particularly hip X-rays which should have been done at a bare minimum. Add that to the fact that the puppies aren't guaranteed (as listed in one of the ads) and you've got the ultimate crapshoot. Then there's the description of Ebony in the other ad: not good with cats or small animals, female aggressive, food aggressive (downright vicious :eek:), shy when first meeting people, and has tried to kill her puppies. I hope these pups are going to be spayed/neutered (and I'm not referring to unenforceable contracts) before the cycle continues.

http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/419820.html

lilmegshepherds
June 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Puppies are doing great thank you.

We have deposits already and many more that have stated they want to be on the list once they are older to see the drives a little.

We have choosen our pups as well!

If we emailed a rescue for a dog then we had no clue the dog was a rescue or at a rescue.

Or we foster for you which we do for many rescues but I still know of NO rescue in Belleville!

Anyone I could careless....puppies are great and we are extremely happy with this litter.

We do not breed rescues but feel free to keep your nonsense up and to keep throwing sand. You look like babies!:crazy:

marko
June 30th, 2007, 08:16 AM
This thread has definitely run its course and will now be closed.

Marko
ADMIN