Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pregnant kitten?!

demonicangelxxx
June 25th, 2007, 07:44 AM
BACK STORY:
a few months ago i bought a young kitten, who i named skye
we guessed that she was around 2-3months when i got her (yes she was quite young but i had to get her out of that awful rusty cage :()

shes recently turned 6months old and i booked her in to be 'done' at the local vet.. here lies the problem

shes suddenly taken to following me everywhere and wanting constant love and attension (shes normally quite the little loner)
her abdomans looking large and sore
and shes looking for a place to nest

but her nipples arnt pink and swollen yet

does this mean its a phantom pregnancy? or do some cats not get large nipples until labor?

thanks xx

marsupial mama
June 25th, 2007, 08:32 AM
do you let her go outside? they can get preggers at 6 months, it happened to a cat my mom subsequently adopted.

the affection etc may be a sign of going into heat, AFAIK. In which case you need to keep her indoors and away from any unneutered toms.

The fact that her abdomen looks sore is a concern though. Take her into the vet sooner rather than later and get her checked out.

rainbow
June 25th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I agree with Marsupial Mama. Kittens can get pregnant as early as 5 months of age. Take her to the vet asap. If she is pregnant hopefully the vet will be able to abort the kittens as she is much too young to have them as she is just a baby herself. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr