Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello

dog crazy
June 24th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Hello. it is a great opportunity to have found this site. Have been dog crazy forever. 3 german shepherds live with us. Bud and Angela are ten this August and our Jadie is 2. Everyone today is healthy and happy. We have had our share of health problems (chronic ear infections, cysts) Rely alot on homeopathic remedies and common sense. Tired of vet behavior problems. Found this site because we were looking for info on lavender being used for a outdoor bug repellent for dogs. Found a recipe for 30 drops lavender oil to 2 tablespoons carrier oil ( light mineral oil). Would anyone have any feedback on lavender being safe for dogs. I used the recipe on myself when we went fishing last night and it kept me bug free for about two hours. Thank you. Have a great day.

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Hi, dog crazy! Welcome to the forum. You'd love my house--we're dog crazy, too! :thumbs up

We'd all love to see pics of your three if you'd care to share any. :D

dog crazy
June 24th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry do not have a camera that does the job for cyberspace pictures. When my daughter Jen visits maybe we could talk her into taking the pictures for us to show you our gang online. With my computer skills I am lucky we completed the registration for this site. Feels really nice connecting to animal lovers.

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2007, 10:51 PM
We'll just have to let the anticipation build till your daughter visits, then. :D

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing you in the forums!

Frenchy
June 24th, 2007, 10:58 PM
HI dog crazy , and welcome to pets.ca. I don't know about lavender but I use Skin so soft (bath oil) from Avon. It works better than any repellant on the market but mostly for mosquitos.

rainbow
June 25th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Welcome to the forum. I've also used Skin-So-Soft but only on myself not the dogs. It did a pretty good job of repelling the mosquitos. :)