Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Colitis

Shaykeija
June 24th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I jinxed Missie a couple of days ago. I mentioned to my husband that it had been 8 months since her last bout with it. Got up this morning and there it was. A big pile of bloody poop. Damn. My vet is really good, he lets me have meds on hand for this. Took her temp and it was elevated a little. Started her on Baytril, Neosol and a anti nausea. Called my vet and he said take her temp tomorrow morning and if it had not dropped bring her in for a shot. Tonight she seems better, she ate like a pig and is sleeping on her down pillow. Poor little fart.

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Oh, that's too bad, Shaykeija--recurring intestinal problems are so frustrating! :grouphug: I'm glad Missie feels better tonight, at least.

We have a vet that lets us keep meds on hand, too...we have a dog's medicine cabinet that's chock full of "spare" and "emergency" meds... I guess an extra medicine cabinet in the house is a good thing! :D

rainbow
June 25th, 2007, 02:20 AM
I hope Missie will be okay. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Shaykeija
June 25th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Well Missie"s temp is down to normal and she is now pulling on Tyra's tail. A sure sign she is on the mend. Now we wait for the big poop. After Neosol it usually takes a day or 2 for the poop factory to be open for business. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Excellent news! Still, :fingerscrs and crossed :pawprint:s for a complete and rapid recovery! :thumbs up

rainbow
June 26th, 2007, 01:32 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr for a complete recovery for Missie. :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Shaykeija
June 26th, 2007, 06:19 PM
poop factory had reopened with a round of applause from her adoring servants.....:p