Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ON - Peterborough - City to kill unoffending 9 year old dog

Saradog
June 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Read it and weep. I hope the Lie-berals burn in hell for taking this dog's life.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=583803&catname=Local%20News&classif=

clm
June 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
The dogs owner is every bid responsible IMO. Or irresponsible if the shoe fits. If it were my dog, he wouldn't have been running at large and he would have been fixed by the deadline. I don't agree with the dog being put down, but the owner didn't help things any.

Cindy

seeker
June 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM
The law "allows" the court to order the dog be destroyed .That does not mean they have to make that order .It takes a heartless dog hater to do that when the dog has not been aggressive.

clm
June 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
And an irresponsible order who twice ignored the muzzle law by having his dog run at large and missed the neutering law by a year. He has to take his fair share of the blame in this.

Cindy

LavenderRott
June 24th, 2007, 05:10 PM
You are right. The poor dog shouldn't be euthanized - the owner should be!

The laws in the city say that "pit bulls" must be speutered and muzzled when in public. We may not like the laws but until they are changed, we must follow them. It took the owner a year beyond grace period to get his dog neutered and he was ticketed not once - but TWICE for not having the dog muzzled in public.

Don't blame the government for this one. IMHO - if they let this guy get away with flouting the law, then they must do the same for the next guy. If you want to be mad at someone - be mad at the owner. It sure as heck is his fault that he is loosing his dog.

clm
June 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I don't believe in this breed ban, and I'm certainly not saying that the law is right, but it is currently the law. It is what it is for now. Fight the law, try to get it changed, but in the meantime, if you don't follow the law your dog may be destroyed. That would be enough for me to make damn sure my dog was muzzled in public, certainly not running at large and neutered when they said he had to be.

Cindy

chico2
June 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM
and as usual the dog will pay the ultimate price,so very sad:sad:

Love4himies
June 29th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I guess I just don't understand why the dog should be put down if the owner was the one who disobeyed the law? Shouldn't the owner be the one who is punished? I don't get why he didn't just obey the law?

Neutering and muzzling to ensure keeping a loved one (especially if the consequence is death) is not the end of the world for the dog even if you don't agree with it.

If the dog could speak, I bet the dog would agree with being neutered and muzzled if it meant life or death. He would probably walk himself to the Vet and put on his muzzle!

cpietra16
June 29th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I guess I just don't understand why the dog should be put down if the owner was the one who disobeyed the law? !

I guess if they put the owner down we'd have a sharp decline in population...completely against the human thought process:D What would this world be like without all these idiots?
Honestly, until humans start to respect all creatures, these laws will never change. It's a human fault:yuck:

NoahGrey
June 29th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Hi Saradog,

I Pmed you

lilmegshepherds
June 29th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I guess I just don't understand why the dog should be put down if the owner was the one who disobeyed the law? Shouldn't the owner be the one who is punished? I don't get why he didn't just obey the law?

Neutering and muzzling to ensure keeping a loved one (especially if the consequence is death) is not the end of the world for the dog even if you don't agree with it.

If the dog could speak, I bet the dog would agree with being neutered and muzzled if it meant life or death. He would probably walk himself to the Vet and put on his muzzle!

I believe the owner was fined!

Now why put the dog down? Because the liberals have convinced everyone the dogs are dangerous. They want the number of pitties to deminish. Excellent way to do that. Kill the dogs right?

NO I DO NOT AGREE BUT IT IS THE LAW AND THE DOGS ARE THE ONES WHO SUFFER FOR THEIR IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERS.

babyrocky1
June 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
obviously the owner is less than responsible cuz it does seem very clear that he did not nueter his dog nor muzzle it when it was required,: thus putting his dog at risk, however, if this whole experience has taught me anything its to NEVER take newspaper articles as the whole truth... if this guy is going to appeal the decision then good for him, he is finally stepping up and hopefully its not too late!:fingerscr

Saradog
June 29th, 2007, 07:02 PM
No argument from me on the owner being at fault. My sympathy lies with the dog, an innocent victim.