Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Paco,new foster

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Yes I know what you will say (or think) he looks just like all my other fosters :laughing: (another senior :sad: ) I'm waiting a bit to put him up in the adoption thread because someone may already be interested in him :goodvibes:

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 10:33 PM
the last one is Sam (left) and Paco...kissing ? :eek:

Smiley14
June 23rd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Ohhh, he's adorable!!!! That is AWESOME that someone may already be interested in him!!!!:thumbs up :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: How many do you have in your household now? :eek: You're turning into Hazel! :laughing: Just kidding! :) That is SO cool!!!!! What a handsome boy!

susieqt
June 23rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Wow, Frenchy, another senior Golden! How CAN someone get rid of their old dogs? Paco looks cute, I hope he finds his new family soon.
You really are a great person!

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
I only have 4 :laughing: I don't think I can handle 1 more, I always have 1 or 2 on meds or drops or ointment...

Suzieqt, almost all the goldens we get are olders. Guess people get tired of them :frustrated: And shelters only gives them to us (the rescue) when they are not adoptable (either sick,injured or older :sad: ) They are such wonderful dogs, that's why it's usually easy to find them nice new families who will love them for the rest of their life. :thumbs up

pags
June 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
how sweet!!

Grr.. I don't understand people at all sometimes. How could someone give up an older dog?? Do they really, really not understand how much they mean to their dog family??

Thank goodness there are folks like you to foster and find good homes, Frenchy!! HUGS.

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 10:57 PM
how sweet!!

How could someone give up an older dog??

If only the owner just left him at the shelter, but no, she wanting him put down :frustrated: when they asked why she said he was sick. So they asked more questions and got her to say that he wasn't sick afterall , but she was moving :mad: So I guess they convinced her to not have Paco euthanize, and they call me to see if I would take him.

Rottielover
June 23rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
Awwwwwwwww Frenchy, he looks like such a sweetie....Is this the 10 year old that the owners did not want ???

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Awwwwwwwww Frenchy, he looks like such a sweetie....Is this the 10 year old that the owners did not want ???

No , it's another one :cool: Crazy to see how many seniors we get.

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 11:27 PM
Just received some pics from the friend who picked him up for me, she took some pics of him while she was here.

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 12:05 AM
He is such a handsome boy. :lovestruck: I will admit though that I have a hard time telling all your goldens apart. :o Good luck with the adoption. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
June 24th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I will admit though that I have a hard time telling all your goldens apart.

I think he looks a lot like Otter's Molly and a bit like Daisy too . Julie the rescuer (the friend that picked him up) asked me how will I tell him apart from the others, but you just know when it's your dogs.

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2007, 12:11 AM
He looks like a grand old boy, Frenchy! :lovestruck: I hope he finds a wonderful home quickly. He deserves another break (the first one being finding "Frenchy the :angel:"). :thumbs up

angeldogs
June 24th, 2007, 12:12 AM
The kissing one is sweet.:lovestruck:

clm
June 24th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Sweet old soul. Imagine putting a dog down because you're moving, bad enough to want to part with a dog after that long let alone decide to end it's life. :frustrated:

Cindy

Frenchy
June 24th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I know clm :sad: I think we are going to hear a lot about those this week. It's "Quebecers national moving day" on July 1. The leases are from July 1 and for one year so many many people move on July first, all the spca will get lots of unwanted pets this week. :sad: And they are already full capacity.

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2007, 12:20 AM
I know clm :sad: I think we are going to hear a lot about those this week. It's "Quebecers national moving day" on July 1. The leases are from July 1 and for one year so many many people move on July first, all the spca will get lots of unwanted pets this week. :sad: And they are already full capacity.

That's terrible. :sad: Sometimes people just suck...:frustrated:

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 12:28 AM
I think he looks a lot like Otter's Molly and a bit like Daisy too . Julie the rescuer (the friend that picked him up) asked me how will I tell him apart from the others, but you just know when it's your dogs.

I agree....it would be easier when you see them in person but it's a little harder in pictures. :o

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 12:29 AM

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

otter
June 24th, 2007, 12:38 AM
The Ontario (well they call themselves Canadian) Golden rescue is often inundated with dogs once summer holidays start :eek: How could you give up a dog to go on vacation?????? I guess next weekend (Canada Day) is the start of the "dog days of summer". Good luck to all those poor doggies out there!:fingerscr that someone talks some sense into any owners out there thinking of giving up a dog in lieu of holidays!

So many places you can take dogs with you on vacation, why not plan to take them along?
I just don't get it.:shrug: :confused:

Paco is sooooooooooo lucky to have landed in :angel: Frenchy's hands. I know he's in good hands.

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 02:23 AM
The Ontario (well they call themselves Canadian) Golden rescue is often inundated with dogs once summer holidays start :eek: How could you give up a dog to go on vacation?????? I guess next weekend (Canada Day) is the start of the "dog days of summer". Good luck to all those poor doggies out there!:fingerscr that someone talks some sense into any owners out there thinking of giving up a dog in lieu of holidays!

So many places you can take dogs with you on vacation, why not plan to take them along?
I just don't get it.:shrug: :confused:

Paco is sooooooooooo lucky to have landed in :angel: Frenchy's hands. I know he's in good hands.

I certainly agree with you, Otter.

wdawson
June 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
he looks like a real sweetheart......thank god there are rescue groups,i hate to think what the alternative is :eek:

JanM
June 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Thank goodness he came to you! He looks like a real sweetheart! Good luck with his adoption.

TMac
June 24th, 2007, 02:20 PM
A collective GRRRRRRRRR from all of us for those dumb-@sses who insist on dumping their dogs for all kinds of stupid reasons!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: If I ever found someone like that, oh what I would like to do to them.....!!! :evil:

Glad to hear you may already have someone interested in Paco, Frenchy. He looks like a sweet angel. What a happy face! I love the one of him kissing one of your other goldens (is it Sam?).

Thanks Frenchy, for taking care of these senior saints! Good luck Paco! :fingerscr

SableCollie
June 24th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Awww he looks sweet. And the one of them "kissing"! So cute!!! :lovestruck:

I'm glad he got rescued!!! Stupid people who would kill a dog like that!

Hunter's_owner
June 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Aww he is soooo handsome. Frenchy, you are an :angel:

Frenchy
June 24th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I love the one of him kissing one of your other goldens (is it Sam?).

Yes it is Sam. And after 24 hours at my place , it's been confirm , Paco is an :angel: he is such an easy dog, cudly, follows me everywhere, tail always wagging. It would be very easy to fall in love with him (actually,I already am :p ) Thank dog I'm not Hazel :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Are you doubting hazel's will-power, Frenchy? :frustrated: Oh? What will-power is that hazel? :laughing:

Frenchy
June 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Are you doubting hazel's will-power, Frenchy? :frustrated: Oh? What will-power is that hazel? :laughing:

:rolleyes: Don't even go there :laughing:

Smiley14
June 24th, 2007, 11:21 PM
So is Paco with the foster now? Any word on that possible adoption? Oh, I hope it works out! Poor baby deserves nothing but happiness. That is so sad about July 1st being a common desertion day for dogs. :sad:

Frenchy
June 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
So is Paco with the foster now?

Sure ! His foster family you mean ? It's me :D It's looking very good for his adoption , the lady already adopted a senior golden from us years ago, her dog died not long ago. She's been looking / waiting for another senior, I sent her pics and a description of Paco and she sounds really interested. :highfive:

breeze
June 24th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Paco Paco Paco Paco hehehehehe
I love this picture of him Frenchy

TeriM
June 25th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Yes it is Sam. And after 24 hours at my place , it's been confirm , Paco is an :angel: he is such an easy dog, cudly, follows me everywhere, tail always wagging. It would be very easy to fall in love with him (actually,I already am :p ) Thank dog I'm not Hazel :laughing:

He sounds wonderful :cloud9: , and he is definately a handsome boy :lovestruck: .

rainbow
June 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM
That's a great picture you took of him, Breeze. :lovestruck:

breeze
June 25th, 2007, 12:36 AM
thank you I had to show off how handsome he really is

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 11:15 AM
thank you I had to show off how handsome he really is

Thank you so much Breeze ! I sent the pictures to Paco's almost new mom and she loooved them all ! :lovestruck:

marko
June 25th, 2007, 12:03 PM
wow those are some really nice pics great job!:highfive:

Thank goodness there are folks like you to foster and find good homes, Frenchy!! HUGS.

Right on Pags!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I really am in awe of people that rescue and foster. You guys (ok mostly gals :p ) are truly amazing and I continue to have the deepest respect for your love and dedication to the animals. :highfive: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Sincerely,

Marko

coppperbelle
June 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I can't speak for Frenchy but I know I am so thrilled that we were able to match Paco with his new mom. It makes it all so worthwhile. His new mom has e-mailed me and asked me to thank Frenchy so I thought I would do it publicly.

:thumbs up Thank you Frenchy:thumbs up

Now all we have to work out is getting him from Sherrington to Toronto.

Any ideas?:D

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
:laughing: Coppperbelle , let's wait and see when Paco can get to my vet :laughing: ...then we'll pressure people to help for transport :evil:

coppperbelle
June 25th, 2007, 10:02 PM
:laughing: Coppperbelle , let's wait and see when Paco can get to my vet :laughing: ...then we'll pressure people to help for transport :evil:

LOL I'm not pressuring anyone, just trying to get organized and when he is ready have everything lined up and ready to go. :D
I'm what you call pro-active.

otter
June 25th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Oooo, you'll have to have another pets.ca Montreal meet-up. Worked for Molly!!! (THANKS Stacer:thumbs up)

chico2
June 26th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I am glad I saw this thread,I was a little confused as to who Paco was in another thread:confused:
About people who are capable of dumping a senior dog:evil: I won't even go there...I just could never understand:sad:
Paco was one of the lucky ones,his :angel: 's found him and he'll never be dumped again:dog:

happycats
June 26th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Awwwww Paco is such a beauty!!! Thank goodness he found you:angel:

Frenchy
March 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
For those who remember Paco and his mom .... Unfortunately , Paco died last week end. He had a wonderful 4 years with his mom.

Good news is , his mom has asked me to find her another senior golden to spend her days with. :)

Love4himies
March 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM
For those who remember Paco and his mom .... Unfortunately , Paco died last week end. He had a wonderful 4 years with his mom.

Good news is , his mom has asked me to find her another senior golden to spend her days with. :)

I am so sorry :( :grouphug:

:rip: paco :candle:

Sylvie
March 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I am so glad that other people will take older dogs.

:rip: Paco

mummummum
March 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
RIP Sweet Paco. :candle:

chico2
March 26th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I remember Paco,4 years is a long time in a pups life and I am so happy he was loved and cherished those years,but very sorry he passed..:(
:rip:beautiful Paco

:offtopic:If I am not mistaken,I believe diandpat showed us an older Golden on Face-Book,available for adoption.

Frenchy
March 26th, 2011, 03:07 PM
:offtopic:If I am not mistaken,I believe diandpat showed us an older Golden on Face-Book,available for adoption.

I know :) this golden is (suppose to) be at an adoption clinic today. Wouldn't surprise me if she gets adopted because ... well .... she's adorable ! If not , we'll see. :)

hazelrunpack
March 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I remember Paco, too. :( My condolences to his Mom!

She's an angel for taking in these seniors in need. I hope she finds the perfect match soon!

:candle: Paco

BenMax
March 26th, 2011, 06:26 PM
My sincere condolences.
RIP sweet angel...:candle:

Dee-O-Gee
March 26th, 2011, 06:31 PM
While I do not remember Paco from my 2 years being on this forum, I too have a soft spot for Goldens.

:rip: Sweet Paco :candle:

krdahmer
March 26th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear about Paco:(...what a great thing for his mom to do though, honour him by helping another older dog!:grouphug: give her big virtual hugs from us!

Winston
March 26th, 2011, 09:14 PM
RIP sweet Paco..:candle:

luckypenny
March 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Both Paco and his mom will be forever grateful you helped them to find each other, Frenchy :grouphug:.

:candle: Paco :candle:

Shaykeija
March 26th, 2011, 11:56 PM
:sorry: RIP Paco you were so loved :angel2::pawprint: