Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm a new MOM

mona_b
May 2nd, 2004, 07:31 PM
Well hubby and I went to drop off some news papers...Look what we came home with......LOL

She is 8 weeks old...And we don't have a name for her.But Kyra wants to call her Tipsy.....LOL

mona_b
May 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
And this is what Casper thinks of it...LOL

Luba
May 2nd, 2004, 07:47 PM
Mooooooona she's adoooooooooooooorable!!

What a shocking loving wonderful thing, you got another baby.

Tell the story, where's she from she's beautiful!!! Hamilton spca?

mona_b
May 2nd, 2004, 08:05 PM
Thank you Luba.

Yup,the Hamilton SPCA.... :D

There were a total of 5 in the litter.3 boys and 2 girls.One was the same colouring,2 had white on their face and one was a gray.They were dumped at the SPCA at about 3 weeks of age... :mad:

They were all fixed.They were supposed to go to PetSmart for their adoption.But they were full.So it was actually a bonus for us.We got to take her home right away... :D

We have been looking for one for a while.As you know....LOL...And we were looking for one Caspers age.But the ones there were much older.And we were hesitent to take one this age.But we talked to someone there,and she said even at this age,Casper would adapt to her.We are taking it slowly.He didn't freak or anything.No hissing,spitting or anything.He was trying to get his paws in the carrier.She will stay in our room for a few days.Then we were told to put Casper in our room and then let her wonder around the house for a bit.Then do the the face to face....So we will see.

Oh,Kyra just came out of the room.She wants to name her Cocao...Hope I spelt that right....LOL

amaruq
May 2nd, 2004, 08:47 PM
AHHHHH don't you just love kittens?? :)

chico2
May 3rd, 2004, 08:44 AM
Awwww Mona,she's adorable..
How do your dogs react to the cats?
I am sure Casper will get used to her maybe be even love her.
I always found it easier to introduce a kitten to a grown cat,other than another older cat.My Rocky took to Vinnie almost right away,is still very patient with him,but puts him in his place when things gets a little out of hand.Chico hates Vinnie still,but not resulting in anything serious,as long as Vinnie does not jump him,he's ok:D
So gongrats to the new mom,you're very lucky to be owned by two beautiful dogs and the kitties!!!

mona_b
May 3rd, 2004, 09:29 AM
Thank you Anita.

Tron and Yukon have been sniffing her.And they don't mind.BUT,I keep her away from them,for now.She is so tiny.I guess it's because Casper has gotten so big...LOL..Casper has been harrassing the dogs for quite a while.They want nothing to do with him..In a way I can't blame them..They have put him in his place quite a few times....LOL.....

Well I have her in the carrier now,and Casper is putting his paws in it.And actually dragging the carrier.It's actually funny.

Do you really think Casper will accept her?I know he is still a kitten himself,but I do worry since he has been the only feline in the house.LMAO...She's swatting him.

When would it be safe enough to have me hold her and do the introduction?Or I was thinking on getting Hubby to hold her...Casper is more closer to me..So I think it would be better for him to hold her.

Spoiled
May 3rd, 2004, 09:38 AM
Awww, what a sweetie! I've always loved orange cats, for some reason! :D

mona_b
May 3rd, 2004, 09:40 AM
Actually Spoiled,she isn't orange,she's a very light brown....A colour I have not seen before...But I see Tabby in her.

Luba
May 3rd, 2004, 11:38 AM
I see the tabby too, wonder if it will go orange as she matures?

So name made up yet for the lil one??

mona_b
May 3rd, 2004, 12:13 PM
She just might turn orange as she matures.But right now I just can't get over the colour on her.Yup,I guess we are sticking with Cocao....But then again Kyra mentioned Amber....LOL.....I wish she would make up her mind....But that's a teenager for you...... :rolleyes:

Luba
May 3rd, 2004, 12:41 PM
Oh I Like Amber, Kyra may be onto something there!! Amber is a lovely name too :) either one is sweet...

mona_b
May 3rd, 2004, 12:59 PM
Kyra's second name is Amber..........LOL...

I seem to be liking amber better more and more....Cocao is just not doing it for me........LOL...

So we will see.. :D .We will have to have a family meeting about this one..... :D

chico2
May 3rd, 2004, 04:52 PM
When I brought Vinnie home,I very slowly let the others sniff him,while holding on to him and Chico just hissed in disgust and ran off.Rocky was more curious,he was not hissing,but little Vinnie was all puffed up and gave Rocky a little swat on the nose.
It took a couple of days before they were ok,but I still kept Vinnie isolated in my den at night with his food and litter-box,mostly for him to leave the others in peace,since he did not sleep all night,like they do..
There was a bit of a problem,because a little kitten needs to eat 4 times a day and Rocky and Chico figured so should they and they LOVED the canned kitten-food :D
Casper is still young and will probably love to play with the kitten,once they are used to each other and it's ok,as long as someone is keeping an eye on them,I would still seperate them if you leave the house until the little one can handle Casper.
Good luck,she is adorable...Oh and Amber is a sweet name for a sweet kitten!
Lucky could probably give you some more advice,but I never reallly had any problems introducing a new kitten,it just takes patience and make sure you do not make Casper feel left out,or scold him for being maybe a bit jealous.

mona_b
May 3rd, 2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks Anita.

Well Casper is as you know a tough cookie.He has his bouts of attacking us.And he bites down hard.We still keep them seperate.Today I put Casper in our room,and let her have a run around.She loved it.Hubby and Kyra were out with her and I was with Casper.I also had her in the carrier in the front room.Casper was whacking her through the gate part on it.She was whacking him back.The thing that I was worried about,is his biting.When she was sticking her paw through,he was going after it.And what I mean by that is biting her paw.And she is tiny.Much smaller then Casper was.And his biting hurts us,so can you imagine the pain if he gets her..And she is always on the go.She doesn't like being held for to long.As for hissing,I really don't think Casper knows how.I know that sounds silly.But he never hissed at Phoenix when we brought him back home at christmas.Phoenix was the one having a hissy fit.She was hissing and screaming as if she was being killed.Casper is still our baby kitty of the house.And he knows that... :D

Hubby thinks they are ready to meet face to face without the carrier.I'm just not ready for that.Like I said,she is tiny.And I know he could do some damage.Even though he doesn't mean to.As for scolding,NEVER.He is our special needs kitty..... :D

One more thing,we have found a third and final name...Her name is Whinnie..Kyra loves Whinnie the Pooh...And I'm sorry,but naming her pooh is out of the question.....LOL.

I won't tell you what hubby wanted to call her.......LMAO

Luba
May 3rd, 2004, 11:09 PM
LOL Mona ur too funny! Naming her Whinnie is much better the the latter LOL

So what if they were to meet with one of you each holding the other?

mona_b
May 3rd, 2004, 11:18 PM
:D

I'm not sure Luba...You know Caspers history...Our little attack kitty....LOL

I'm just worried that he may go right for her.And like I said,she is tiny.But I know we will have to do this soon..

But he is not hissing or growling at her and his hair is not standing up...I do belive he want's to play with her.

Maxie's mom
May 4th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Great news Mona!!! :D She's a beauty!! I'm sure her and Casper will get along fine; I understand you being hesitant about the introduction. Let me know how it works out; Mimi will be coming home in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how Maxie will react to her. Once again; Congratulations!!!

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Casper is so funny! Maybe it's good to learn young hahaha.. I don't think Casper would hurt Whinnie?? Maybe scratch YOUR eyes out tryin though haha

chico2
May 4th, 2004, 09:33 AM
My Vinnie was actually named Winnie,with a W instead of Vinnie,his full name was Winston Churchill,since my friends found him in Winston Churchill Industrial Park :D But I rather think of him as the Pooh kind :D
Caspers biting probably has something to do with his deaf-ness and defence.
I have personal experience with cat-bites and emergency-rooms and I know how much damage a little cat can do :(
As for husbands,my husband too said,"put the little down he'll be ok!!" :confused:
But since I have been on the recieving end of a temporarely crazed cat I am very cautious and I think rightfully so.It just takes a little time,curiosity and the realisation that the little furball is here to stay and someone to play with,will take over. :D

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 09:48 AM
temporary crazed cat lol haha

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks Maxie's mom......How old is your Maxie?

I will definately let you know how it goes..... :D

Phoenix is 2 1/2 and she wanted NOTHING to do with Casper.Casper was 4 months at the time...She hissed and freaked out.And Casper just wanted to play.But then again Phoenix was bigger.And Whinnie is just so tiny.I can see him carrying her everywhere...He is part dog...He carries things around.He drags his blankie,carries his stuffed duckie everywhere....LOL

LMAO Luba,I think I better call my brother and see if I can borrow the padded training suit they use for the dogs..............LOL

Pooh kind...LOL
You may be right Anita about his deafness and defense.....I guess I'm thinking the worse first.But I'm sure it will work out..... :)

Here is the xmas episode....LOL

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Oh Mona just shove them both in the crate :eek: :eek: :eek: KIDDING!!

That padded suit may come in handy, if you can't get your hands on it....put your oven mitts on and pad yourself with Royale :)

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 10:26 AM
LMAO.

How did you know we use Royal?........LMAO........... :p

chico2
May 4th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Mona,did I miss something? Is Phoenix not around anymore?
Well,fingers and paws are crossed on this side,hope it all works out..There is nothing cuter than watching an older cat caring for a little one :)
here are some baby-grown...pics

chico2
May 4th, 2004, 10:58 AM
OOps,they did not turn out all that good,don't know why :confused:

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 11:15 AM
They look GRrrrreat just a lil small!

I love the stretched out relaxing look...I own this desk LOL

chico2
May 4th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Try it this way instead..

chico2
May 4th, 2004, 11:49 AM
and another..The white cat is Peppi(RIP)not Vinnie!

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Anita,
Phoenix is back home with my dad.It was bad enough taking Yukon(didn't have Tron back at the time)I felt bad taking Phoenix as well.The 2 of them are buddies.Plus him being a young 82,she's good for him.Keeps him company,and him out of trouble.....LOL..

I love the pics Anita...They look so happy and healthy..... :D

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 12:17 PM
So Phoenix is getting spoiled now by dad huh!

I'm glad it's warming up today, I been sickies past couple of days and the sun is a welcome site!! Had to walk on frosted grass this morning man it was cooooold!

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 01:24 PM
BIG time spoiled.....LOL

Awwwww you been sickies.... :( .Poor baby.(((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Sankya luv !! Drinkin lots of tea....so I'm glad I am housetrained LMFHO

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 02:14 PM
ROTFLMFAO

You funny....... :D

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 02:15 PM
OMG how u reply so fast you stalker!! You hang around cats too much;)

Kidding ofcourse ... maybe!

:cool:

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 02:20 PM
LMAO..... :p

chico2
May 4th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah Mona,I remember now :D
A couple of my friends(the ones that found Vinnie)already had five cats,then they inherited 2 gorgeous cats and a young Collie,when they had a death in the family.So now they have 7 cats and a Collie :D
Luckily they are both retired(at 50)and just bought a large property with a BIG house..
I am sure that Phoenix is great company for your dad,I think we all need something to care for,even in our old age and a cat is just perfect.

chico2
May 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Here's Peppi(RIP) and baby Chico again,a little smaller :D

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 05:33 PM
My doctor has even told me that seniors with pets come into the office less times then those who don't have pets.I can see that.

Awwwww what a sweet pic Anita...... :)

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Anita what kind of scanner do you have? :D

Maxie's mom
May 4th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Mona_b; Maxie is 6 months old. We got her on March 4. I am guessing 6 months old because she went in "heat" today. She's being spayed in a couple of weeks :eek: . So how goes it with whinnie and Casper? I just loved the christmas pics by the way. :D

mona_b
May 4th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Phoenix went into heat just before her appt.Figures.LOL...But they did still do her..It took a bit longer and an added $25..

Well nothing has changed with the 2...I am still doing the seperating.And will for a few more days.

The other thing that has me a bit worried is,since Casper is deaf,and when he plays around with her(once everything is ok)he will not be able to hear her meow if he gets to rough with her.This now is my main concern.

Glad you liked the pics... :D

Ummmm I am definately a blonde........LOL..

I just realized I have an "h" in winnie when there isn't supposed to be one....Oopsie..... :p

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Whinnie is a girls name with an 'h'

Winnie is a POOH bears name :D

chico2
May 5th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Oh guys,you are a hoot,just what I needed this morning...My LEAFS have fallen :( I HATE the Flyers :mad:
Anyway Luba,my scanner is my third cheapy,it's a HP Scanjet 2200c..

mona_b
May 5th, 2004, 08:47 AM
It's the Pooh one I was trying to spell........ :D

Oh Anita,I know how you feel.

Hubby came home from his buddies (who is a flyers fan)went straight in the corner in the fetal possision and was sucking his thumb..........LOL....

Well actually he didn't.It just the expression they use..... :D

Luba
May 5th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I know depressing about the leafs but they gave it a good go in the end

I just feel horrible for the players that really do try hard like Domi and Tucker
I'm still p'd off at Pat for trading Stumpy and for not keepin Cujo!

Anita, HP's scanner program allows you to decrease the white page around your picture. When you scan it into your program, highlight with your mouse the area u want to keep then hit 'crop'

If this option isn't there...then click on the lines around the perimeter...drag them to the frame of the picture and then save it that way :D

That will get rid of all your white space and just show ur pictures.
Try it out let me know if it works for u

Lucky Rescue
May 5th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Mona, the new kitty is just precious!!! I would keep her separate from Casper for now (when you can't watch them) until she is a little bigger. Hopefully she'll put Casper in his place. Girl kitties are usually pretty good at that.:D

Chany
May 5th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Mona she's sweet and you guys have the same colored hair too. Well at least she's blondish and you're always saying you are...... :D

mona_b
May 5th, 2004, 06:21 PM
LR,we haven't even let them meet face to face.What I mean is with no barrier.Like the carrier...I think I'm just a big chicken.....LOL.....Well you know about his BAD attitude and his hard biting.....He was even biting her paw through the carrier....I know he just wants to play with her...

LR I hope you are right.He needs someone to put him in his place........ :D

You got it Chany...She's just a bit darker than me....... :D :p

wAggie
May 5th, 2004, 08:47 PM
*chuckles*

too cute, toooooooooo cute

u, ladies, and ur pix... and kitties... it should be illegal!

I LOVE it :p soo happy for everyone :)

Maxie's mom
May 10th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Hey mona...how goes it with Winnie & Casper? Have they met yet? Is the spelling of Winnie correct or are you spelling it Whinnie?

mona_b
May 10th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Yup,the introduction was made.....LOL

Casper was pretty rough with her...He had a good grip on her a few times.I had to walk away.I just couldn't watch... :( .....BUT,at times she got him back..She did cry a few times..I was just nervous cause she is so small.She got under the futon,and they were smacking each other.I did have his nails clipped before they met... :D ...He managed to get under the futon..Well he must have pissed her off cause she came out from there with his hair in her mouth...LOL...I then had them seperadted.We did it again on Sunday...And of course I had to leave after a while.Hubby doesn't understand why I had too.It wouldn't be as bad if she was bigger.We are doing bit by bit.About a half hour.Then seperating them..Casper doesn't know how to relaxe....And I don't want to stress them out to much...I know it will get better,but like I said,she is so small.... :( ....I will keep everyone updated.... :)

"edited" to say yes,it's spely winnie as in winnie the pooh.... :D

Luba
May 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Ahh Mona u couldn't watch huh, I don't blame you. I know just how you feel.

I prolly would have as well.

T.J.
June 17th, 2004, 04:28 PM
ever sweet! now that's a lovely color she has hey...i want it lol

mona_b
June 17th, 2004, 05:04 PM
LOL.

Winnie is what they call a buff brown.

These were taken recent... :D

Princesss04
June 17th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Your baby is getting so big. They grow up so very fast. She is so very pretty! :D

mona_b
June 17th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks..... :D

They sure do...I say the same for my daughter too... :(

babykitty
June 17th, 2004, 06:00 PM
They are so cute!!!! I wish that my 2 would sleep like that, but there's a thin line between love and hate, and they love to hate each other! :rolleyes: (It's a kind of sibling rivalry.) How is the rest of the clan adapting?

chico2
June 17th, 2004, 07:34 PM
OMG Mona they are just beautiful,sooo glad they are getting along,is Casper less aggresive now?

mona_b
June 17th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Thank you..... Anita..His aggression is calming down...Well except the odd time he attacks Kyra,and for no reason.... :( ....He still tries to get in Yukon and Trons face.That's when their old paw comes up and cuffs him.....LOL....They want nothing to do with him.....They are not to crazy about Winnie.Don't get me wrong,they don't go after her,they just want nothing to do with her.I think it has a lot to do with Casper.Which is fine.The funny thing is when they walk past him,they turn their heads........LOL

We have actualy have not had to seperate them anymore....Casper has not been aggressive in his playing with her.I think it may have to do with her taking no crap from him...... :D

Luba
June 17th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Mona that Winnie girl is getting big so fast! Wow don't they grow like weeds man! She is so very pretty and Casper looks like they really have the very best of both worlds there..fur and non fur family members.

You are a super super mommie !!

mona_b
June 17th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I know Luba.I can't get over it..Even Casper is becoming a big boy.

And remember how worried I was.Heck,I didn't even want to watch the face to face introduction......LOL....BUT,you guys were right.As usual... :D

Awwww tanks Luba Booba... :)