Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Smilies revisited

hazelrunpack
June 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Say, Marko, I know that this topic has come up before, but with the addition of the new dog, we're up to 7 dogs and 2 humans...that's 9...count 'em 9 smilies that hazel needs in a post to properly do everyone in her family justice. Would it be possible to up the smiley limit to, say, 10? That would allow hazel to keep the hubby, and still throw in, say, one of these: :crazy:...or, one of these :eek: (which hazel is using a lot today because the :stork-baby: is coming with her new doggie later today...)

hmmmmm? So whaddya think, Marko? :D

rainbow badgered me unmercifully to make this suggestion! No, really...see?: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41823 :laughing:

rainbow
June 23rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
AWESOME idea, Hazel. :highfive:

And, we're not asking for the addition of new smilies because we can make do with the ones we got. :D

Pleeeeze Marko. :fingerscr :fingerscr Hazel really needs for this to happen so she doesn't have to post :crazy: family + 7 :dog:

P.S. - If I was Hazel I would have asked for a limit of 12. :o We can really use that in the TJT when we have to reply to several people in one post. And, now, I think I've used up my smiley limit. :D

breeze
June 23rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
I second that to really express ones self you must be able to post more smilies and maybe trow in a couple of new ones?? not many just a couple of new bye ones or bed time or maybe even going crazy one

I think it would improve the site don't you think??????????????????????/

:fingerscr :pray: pleeeaaassssseeeee
Bree will give you a big slobbery kiss and a cherry on top :laughing:

CyberKitten
June 23rd, 2007, 08:22 PM
I know this may sound like a silly question but please humour me, lol - I rarely use smiles so I am not sure why anyone needs 10? I am just asking - not opposing the idea , just curious??? I looked and do not see smilies on hazel's posts so I don't understand?

(I am also tired after a long day that I would have preferred not to work but I can't complain - I chose what I do and usually like it , just not today, hehheh) so maybe that's part of it.

I am not against smilies per se but I know every thing we download ends up on our hard drive and then we have to get rid of them (at least I do) so I often go to where the files are stored and delete the large ones (usually videos or flash files or sometimes really large photos that someone did not make a jpeg - not from this site since there is a 100 kb limit). And yeah, it is easier to just delete the files all at once but occasionally, there are flash files I want to save - stuff from Youtube and that kind of thing so I take the long way around. Of course, smilies do not take up too much space. I've just never really understood why some people like to utilize so many - and again, I mean that as a curious question? I know some people have more time than me to be creative or maybe they ARE more creative, I don't know - I tend to be watching the time, responding and hoping I get it all done in time and so I suppose I rarely have time for smilies. I like the little ASCII smilies actually - which of course on this site - because of the coding - turn into certain graphic "Smilies". So I sometimes will use the grin "smilie, ie <g> and hope it is not a reserved character since those are used to often in HTML!!

I have seen a few sites that have these massive "signatures" and I wonder where in the world people had time to create them - some are quite exquisite - but then I think "Oh no, I'll have to delete that from my HD, lol". Seriously, it is not difficult to do so - and I have to admit sometimes there are threads on this site that are large files, lol (and that is just the php files, not including images!)

Maybe my computer does not dl all of your files Hazel but I do not see any of them????? Then again, it is ONE of those days. <g>

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
I looked and do not see smilies on hazel's posts so I don't understand?

Party pooper :rolleyes: (see, it would have been rude but with this guy = :rolleyes: you can see it's not serious :shrug: ) it helps with the tone of the post , IMO.

How come you can't see Hazel's smileys ? Do you have dial up connection ?

hazelrunpack
June 23rd, 2007, 11:21 PM
he he Well, CK, if you can't see the smileys, it's not for lack of my putting them in--hazel uses smileys like they're going out of style! :p

The reason I need more is that if I'm going to be representing my family, I'm now one smiley over the limit. We just got doggie #7...then there's me and hubby, which makes 9. So if I use 7 dog smileys, and one face smiley for me (8 smileys), hubby is left out in the cold...so sad :laughing:

ooops... I mean :sad:

:laughing:

Smileys are great substitutes for watching someone's facial expressions while they're talking. It can help you determine whether someone is kidding...or (as in hazel's case) just crazy! :crazy:

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that's right. And, lots of times when we're being sarcastic on purpose or rude on purpose or silly or whatever they sure come in handy to put our feelings across. ;) And, what about when we want to give someone a HUG. :grouphug: Or congratulate someone. :highfive: Or wish them luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

So, YES, we NEED smilies. :thumbs up ......preferably a 12 smiley per post limit. :D

marko
June 25th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Too funny - Ok then smiliholics, max smilies per post has been upped to 12.

Enjoy! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Frenchy
June 25th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Too funny - Ok then smiliholics, max smilies per post has been upped to 12.

:highfive: wooohoo ! :crazy: Thanks Marko :thumbs up just doing some test , :rolleyes: so cewl :cool: Hazel will be very :cloud9: and everybody else too :grouphug: :p

We love them :o and will make CK go :yuck: :sick:

Sorry CK :laughing:

ok so that 12 !!!!

rainbow
June 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM
WOO HOO Marko ..... you are the best !!! :highfive:

Thanks so much for upping the smiley limit. :thumbs up I'm definitely one of the "smileyholics" :crazy: and really appreciate having a limit of 12 now. :D And, Hazel will be just as happy as me. :goodvibes: <--- he's an "excited" smiley. :p

I tend to be watching the time, responding and hoping I get it all done in time and so I suppose I rarely have time for smilies.

:sorry: CK, I disagree with you about the smiley usage. I think that they "add" to a post. :) And, if some of your posts weren't so long then you'd have time to use them. :laughing: Hope I didn't offend you :o .....that's just my :2cents:

Once again, Marko......THANKS :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2007, 04:01 PM
WooooHooooooo!!!!!! You mean that :crazy: and :party: and :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: will now all fit in one post? :highfive:

Thanks, Marko!! :grouphug: Now I won't have to divorce the hubby! :cloud9:

rainbow
June 25th, 2007, 04:22 PM
:crazy: and :party:

Hazel, I know you're crazy :crazy: most of the time :D and Madame Hazel is even wackier :crazy: :crazy: than you :o but I didn't know that your hubby was a party animal :party: ...... :laughing:

I think we've turned this thread into the "Post 12 Smileys" thread. :p I guess the novelty will wear off eventually for me. :rolleyes: :o

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I find myself continuing to obey the old limit of 8, but since I was always going over (no matter how "carefully" hazel counted :rolleyes:) and had to cut some out before, I'm enjoying the freedom to miscount! :laughing: :thumbs up

hazel is just so HAPPEEEEEEEE! :cloud9: :highfive:

She's really making the rest of us :sick: of all her :yuck:y :party:ing! Sigh... She's even worn out that party animal hubby of mine! :laughing:

The :dog:s keep wanting to smack her with their :pawprint:s upside her head...:D

SARAH
June 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
"CEWL" :cool: I don't know how many times I've been refused a post because of too many smileys :eek: and had to take some away :sad: , and how do you choose the ones to eliminate :confused: ?

:dog: :cat: :dog: , :king: and :queen: of the new house can now fit in one post (OK, we're far behind you Hazel, but not allowed more than one more animal anyway, unless we get fish or birds and they have no smileys!!! :eek: )

Hey, this is fun :laughing: :crazy:

dmc123
June 25th, 2007, 06:03 PM
LOL this was such a funny post to read, you all are such nuts! I love the smilies!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Diane

Hunter's_owner
June 26th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Lol you guys. :D You are all hilarious:crazy: , here I am laughing all by myself:laughing: :o :laughing:

Thanks Marko:highfive: Those extra smilies really will come in handy:thumbs up :cool:

marko
June 26th, 2007, 05:05 PM
My pleasure everyone! :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive::pawprint:

CyberKitten
July 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
No, I don't have dialup, lol (Broadband all the way) I am just smilie seeing impaired or whatever! I am glad more can be posted- they are cute and take so little space - and whatever would Hazel do with not enough! :)

(Note - I sometimes have too much stuff open - call it attempts at multitasking, It does not always work either - doing 5 things at once, lol) - so maybe my memory gets gobbled up (my computer memory , not mine - not that it is so hot either sometimes, :D )

Anyway - congrats on more smilies! :highfive:

Frenchy
July 3rd, 2007, 10:44 PM
CK is trying out the smileys :thumbs up

I still would like to have one who's drooling :p

rainbow
July 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
WOO HOO.....CK used three smilies. :D .....hope you get addicted like the rest of us. :evil:

Frenchy, why do you want a drooling smiley? :confused:

CyberKitten
July 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Well, I have to start somewhere you know, :) :)

Frenchy
July 4th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Frenchy, why do you want a drooling smiley? :confused:

For when I'm talking about ice cream, cake, chocolate or Keanu Reeves :D

rainbow
July 5th, 2007, 02:17 AM
That's what :cloud9: is for. :D