Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buddy' Belly Rumbles

scotswop
June 23rd, 2007, 07:36 AM
Okay, you'll all probably laugh, but after a year of having him, I'm hearing his belly rumble for the first time. It's pretty loud, I didn't believe it was him. It's almost like you can hear whatever is in there moving along the intestines. He had just taken a regular poop and come inside and was sitting down next to me. Is this normal, or am I looking at worms moving around or such thing.

Again, don't laugh, it's probably normal, but first times are always questionable. Thanks guys you are all great at calming first time nerves.

hazelrunpack
June 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Some rumbling is normal, but if you're hearing it from a distance, you may have some tummy trouble brewing. We've heard tummy rumbling and popping noises for everything from worms, to the Crappy 3 (clostridium, coccidia, and camplyllobactor..we get a lot of these :frustrated:), to viruses, to IBD, and just from eating too many grass clippings. :shrug: If he's gotten into anything sugary, it can stimulate the bacteria in the bowel to produce excess gas, which can also cause the rumbling noises.

Keep an eye on his stool. If he develops diarrhea or begins throwing up, best to call your vet for some advice. But with luck, he's just having some normal intestinal gas and won't need any treatments :fingerscr

scotswop
June 23rd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks Hazel, he's already let off a couple of silent bud deadlies, so hopefully that's all it is.:fingerscr It's amazing how attached you get to these little guys. I was just thinking yesterday, that I never wanted a dog and put off getting one for all these years, convinced the kids that we really didn't need one, but then last year we got Buddy and he is the greatest. I think it was karma or fate or whatever. If we had gotten one years ago, we wouldn't have gotten Buddy and things just wouldn't be the same.

hazelrunpack
June 23rd, 2007, 09:39 AM
Sometimes it goes the other way. We got Cass in 2002 and now we're up to 7! :laughing: So never count out another addition to the family! :o or maybe hazel just has really awful will-power!