Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please Read This And Respond...please

lola-oscar
June 23rd, 2007, 01:13 AM
Hi everyone, My name is Lynn. i just moved out on my own and i bought a male jackapoo and than a couple months later i bought a female schnoodle, Lola is 6 months and Oscar is 9 months, and ironically i just called my vet today to book a neutering for my Oscar. UNFORTUNATLY, unknown to me Lola has gone into heat, and just hours ago I found them TOGETHER in the backyard, it was to late to stop.....I have read up on everything i need to do to deliver the pups, but I am really worried about my Lola, she is just 6 months and has just gone into her first heat, i cannot imagine getting pregnant is good for her health. can someone please help me with some advise, i appreciate anything!
Thank you
Lynn

russte
June 23rd, 2007, 01:41 AM
Get her spayed anyway, as soon as possible.....russte:2cents:

angeldogs
June 23rd, 2007, 01:46 AM
I agree with russte.i would talk to your vet asap.

lola-oscar
June 23rd, 2007, 02:00 AM
I understand what u both are saying, that i should still try and get her spayed., which i have already thought off, BUT WHAT IF SHE IS ALREADY PREGNANT??? THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP!!

gomez
June 23rd, 2007, 03:21 AM
What's a jackapoo?

Talk to your vet, you can still get her spayed, and get you little guy neutered also - you are absolutely right that it is not good for her health to be preggers!

6 months, she is still a puppy and wayyyy to young to have puppies, poor girl...

Also, just reading about how to deliver a puppy is not going to prepare you for the actual event. A breeder has years of training, has passed exams and has a lot of first hand experience before they even begin to think of letting their dogs have puppies...

- what if she has to have a c-section? You don't even know what the puppies would be like - two cute little mutts having cute little mutt puppies, not the ideal situation... what would you do with the puppies? there are so many purebreeds and mutts in shelters now....

Please go to your vet ASAP and have them both de-sexed....

angelinazzz
June 23rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
get her spayed!
anyway if shes in the early stage of pregnancy you could always get an abortion

muckypup
June 23rd, 2007, 06:26 AM
She is too young to have puppies it would be too hard on her body. Talk to your vet but I think the best thing would be for an abortion.
It is very unfortunate this happened but hopefully others will read this and learn from your mistake.

erykah1310
June 23rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
I agree, I would have her spayed,
IMO, its more important for her to be altered than your male right now. Perhaps swap her with him. If you spay early enough in the pregnancy your dog wont even notice.
I did this with my female, she was "caught" and went in 2 weeks later to be spayed. It costs an extra $80 I believe but it was worth it, I couldnt take the chance of loosing my gurl over a litter of mutt pups, and I couldnt bear the fact of adding to the problem for my own selfishness ( allowing her to whelp)
Indeed pregnancy is hard on her especially her first cycle, its the equivilant of a 12 year old human having a baby. How would you feel about a 12 year old human having a baby????

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
I understand what u both are saying, that i should still try and get her spayed., which i have already thought off, BUT WHAT IF SHE IS ALREADY PREGNANT??? THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP!!

Spaying her right now could save her life !!! Don't let her go thru this pregnancy !

rainbow
June 23rd, 2007, 01:26 PM
I agree with all the others. Please get her spayed immediately. She can use the appointment you have for Oscar and then you can re-book one for him. :pawprint:

Btw, welcome to the forum and we would love to see pics of Lola and Oscar. :)

Chris21711
June 23rd, 2007, 01:32 PM
From past experience, if it just happened in the last few days the Vet can give her an injection that will abort without any noticeable discharge. Take her to the vet as soon as possible.

CyberKitten
June 23rd, 2007, 07:50 PM
She absolutely needs to be spayed- she is much too young to have puppies and an accidental pregnancy like this could potentially kill her!! She needs to be spayed anyway - so you might as well solve both problems at once. And bring your other dog in too - maybe the vet will give you a discount? <g>

I too wondered what a jackapoo is? Jack Russell and poodle???? That is my guess anyway - where did you get her? (as in I hope this was a mistake - did someone have a JR and they somehow mated with a poodle or is this another designer dog? I cannot imagine anyone doing this - both of those breeds are high energy - I had a beloved poodle once and cannot see any way to improve on the breed. <g> tho I am sure some members of the poodle associations might tell me they are working on it as they show their dogs. Mine was from a wonderful breeder and she had such exacting standards!!

Of course I could be wrong and it is not a JR - poodle combination - I am guessing - you'll have to show us a picture?