Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

One year since I've visited...

pags
June 21st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Yeesh!! Somebody's gonna have to give me a brief outline of all the important news I have missed over here!

I was just stopping by after finding myself browing through other pet boards (gasp!) out of sheer boredom... and asking the question, "OMG Why do people get a dog and THEN ask questions like "How do I housetrain a dog?" or "Why does my dog jump on me?" Then I realized that there was another pet board where things aren't quite so frustrating....

Great to read you guys. :)

mummummum
June 21st, 2007, 05:48 PM
Welcome back pags (actually I don't think you've been around for about 1 1/2 !). Not much and everything has changed ~ the usual manic ups and deep downs with boards people by animal freaks like us. :D

pags
June 21st, 2007, 07:10 PM
*gasp* It probably has been a year and a half!! It's the end of June already, isn't it? Oh man... I'm a bad poster.

:clown:

jessi76
June 21st, 2007, 07:48 PM
welcome back!!!!

Frenchy
June 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
We don't know eachother but welcome back :D

CyberKitten
June 21st, 2007, 07:58 PM
Welcome back - I'd have to agree- same ole same ole,lol The usual questions, some inspirational stories, sadly - a few have lost much loved pets - I have a 4th cat, another meezer - male Blue Point.

pags
June 21st, 2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the wb Jess -- and nice meeting you Frenchy.. gorgeous dogs in the profile pic there!

CK -- it's great to be back... but I hate to hear there were losses. :( I mean - we all know it's inevitable.. but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.

And as for you.. #4!! I'm going off to search the photo section and I hope you've posted some pics!!

We've added another furball to our tribe too. :D (I posted a couple pics -- but better ones are definitely in order...) This means that our house now contains:
three cats, two dogs, and four kids... And we're expecting our fifth in December. Food bills are extravagant!

dmc123
June 21st, 2007, 08:12 PM
wb pags, I think we've had some conversation in posts....

glad you are back...

Diane

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 08:15 PM
Hello pags my name is breeze I own a BMD of 10 months old..

pags
June 21st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Hey Diane! We sure have! If I recall -- even allll the way back to when I first joined the board and you gave me words of encouragement when we lost our puppy, Moose. Hugs! I'm really excited to be back...

My husband just walked by and saw the website and said "Oooh noooo.. I've lost you again..." :p

Great to meet you, Breeze! BMDs are SO gorgeous. You're a lucky one. :)

Frenchy
June 21st, 2007, 08:28 PM
three cats, two dogs, and four kids... And we're expecting our fifth in December.

:eek: omg ! :eek: how do you do it ! (I mean to take care of them all , not how to get pregnant :laughing:)

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 08:28 PM
Great to meet you, Breeze! BMDs are SO gorgeous. You're a lucky one. :)

come to think about it I am lucky.. Bree is just a bit excited in her puppy years :laughing: (a bit is an understatment more energy than i know what to do with at this point in time)

pags
June 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM
ROFL Frenchy! You know... once you pass the point of having five or six living beings in your house -- after that it's all the same really. It can't possibly get any louder, messier, or more chaotic... Sooo why not?

and LOL breeze -- I'm totally sure she's a handful. AHHH the puppy years.

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 08:54 PM
um...I guess it's "Welcome back", pags...he he ...but you were way before my time...so I'll just say "Hello, nice to meetchya!" :D

7 dogs is nothing compared to 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 4 (soon 5) kids! :eek: I guess you must be busy, busy, busy!!!! :crazy:

You must be a very high-energy person! :o Glad to meet you. :D

Bearsmom
June 22nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
How have you recovered since Katrina?

Dog Dancer
June 22nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
Pags, congratulations on the pregnancy and the new furball - must go look in the pics section next. I was just thinking of you the other day - so many people have left the board lately, it's nice to hear from you again. Hope all is well and that Katrina is just a bad memory for you now.

pags
June 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Bearsmom! and DD!! It's always good to run across the familiar names. :)

We're actually STILL working on the house after Katrina if you can believe that... We are much more patient people than we once were -- so we are now totally okay with the fact that it will take years before there are no more traces of Katrina damage in this house -- if that's possible at all.

BUT all the work to be done is almost to the point of being non-essential... We have walls and floors everywhere downstairs... All that remains is some painting and minor electrical and plumbing work. Upstairs is now gutted and waiting for more work -- but we can really deal with upstairs as long as the boys' rooms are intact. Beyond that it's all cosmetic -- painting the outside... taking out some lingering dead trees (salt water!).. repairing the garage.. and fixing the privacy fence. It will all be done eventually. :)

Bearsmom
June 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Wonderful news to hear, I've oftened wondered how you were making out.

gomez
June 23rd, 2007, 03:37 AM
Welcome back Pags!

We have moved to Australia in the past few months... that's what's new with us! Gomez is now 2 1/2 and doing very well down under, he has learned to swim in the ocean and is generally having a blast!

Nice to "see" you again!

papillonmama
June 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Welcome back Pags. :)

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 03:44 AM
My husband just walked by and saw the website and said "Oooh noooo.. I've lost you again..." :p

Hee hee.......there's a few of us here that can relate to that. :D

Welcome back........you must have left the same month I joined. HUGS for everything you've had to go through with Katrina. :grouphug: I cannot imagine having to do that. :eek:

chico2
June 27th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I missed this thread somehow:sad: I am one of the oldies who clearly remember that awful day,our worries about you and your family.
Soooo happy everything is better now,with your growing family:thumbs up
As for hubbies and Pets.ca,I have the same problem:laughing:

pags
June 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hey chico! Thank you. :) I decided this was as good a place as any to put up some pictures as you suggested in another thread... Just for those who weren't around the board back when Katrina hit.

1. The view from our front door during Katrina -- taken before the water actually made it into our house. (i.e. it was just getting started)
2. The view from an upstairs bedroom during Katrina -- again just the beginning... but I stopped taking pictures after these because we became more focused on surviving than documenting.

pags
June 27th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Some interior shots:

1. The living room (and my husband) -- I believe this was the day after Katrina when we started ripping out the carpet in the house.
2. The living room two months later.

pags
June 27th, 2007, 12:43 PM
1. One of many really heartbreaking sights from my city in the months following the storm.

Lots of news coverage focused almost exclusively on New Orleans, LA -- so sometimes it comes as a surprise that towns as far away as Mobile, AL were affected. My own city of Pascagoula suffered a storm surge in excess of 18 feet above sea level -- flooding over 90 percent of all homes and businesses in the city. And we are the 'lucky' ones... entire neighborhoods were completely flattened -- and remain so today. Rebuilding is slow for everyone -- impossible for some.

Schwinn
June 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Pags! Wow, it's funny, but I don't know how many times in the last little while I've wondered how you made out. I was always kind of worried when we didn't hear back.

Myself, I don't get on much except the odd "lurk" for 5 mins here and there now. After taking the summer off to spend with Grace, I decided that leaving the house a 6:45 am and getting home at 8 pm wasn't the way I wanted to spend her childhood. I'm now working 20 mins away in banking, but since I don't sit around waiting for phone calls, I don't get on nearly as much. And Gracie is going to be a big sister in August.

Congrats on your "next" one. You know you're one kid away from needing a short bus, right? ;) And I'm so glad to hear how things are going. I've been wondering.

Welcome back!

pags
June 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Schwinn!! Well.. oddly enough... I was just thinking about you recently! A friend of mine had a baby a couple of weeks ago and she named the baby "Grace" -- and I was reminded. :)

Aha!! And she's gonna be a big sister really, really soon, huh? Hmm.. You DO realize that's how it starts, don't you? Next thing you know you'll be catching up with us.... :D We'll loan you the short bus -- by then we'll have moved on to full-size coach. (Erg!! Oh my, how I am kidding!!! :eek: )

It's great hearing from you again... Warmest wishes to you guys!!! :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
June 27th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Pags it's so strange to see those pics again. I remember it well and how worried we were about you and your family. It's hard to believe that there's still repairs to be done so long after isn't it. But yes, so long as it's basically cosmetic that's all it really is - window dressing. I'm so happy to hear from you again and that things are going okay.

chico2
June 27th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Aww Pags,looking at those pics again,it amazes me what some people have to live through.
Incredibly scary stuff!
I made up my mind a long time ago"not to sweat the small stuff",there's no little squabbles that matter,we have are home,are relatively healthy,our sons are ok,that's what matters.
So,the new baby is due when???