Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Golden Retreiver Nuns Island

poodletalk
June 21st, 2007, 04:08 PM
A male Golden Retreiver was found in Nuns Island two weeks ago, no one has yet to claim him.

If he's yours, please contact me.

angelhunter72@hotmail.com

poodletalk
June 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/smoochyourpoochs/lostdog2.jpg

poodletalk
June 26th, 2007, 11:19 AM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/smoochyourpoochs/lostdog.jpg

coppperbelle
June 26th, 2007, 11:57 AM
He's a nice looking boy.

Love4himies
June 26th, 2007, 02:16 PM
He is a beauty. I can't believe nobody is looking for him. What are you going to do if nobody claims him?

poodletalk
June 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM
If no one claims him, we will be looking for a home for him.

chico2
June 26th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Oh,Oh...Frenchy,isn't he beautiful:lovestruck:

Frenchy
June 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Oh,Oh...Frenchy,isn't he beautiful:lovestruck:

:laughing: hint hint ,pressure , pressure :laughing: I already bugged Poodletalk with this one :D but she has it under control. And if she needs help , she knows where to find me :D But I rather she handles the adoption herself because , if she finds a family in her area, this dog will be in heaven :thumbs up

coppperbelle
June 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
It's raining goldens right now. Moving season in Quebec.
I went to the SPCA tonight and the cages were full with strays. I couldn't bare looking at their faces. People are so cruel.

chico2
June 27th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Copperbelle,I don't understand:sad: Goldens beeing the most popular dog in Canada,dumped:confused:
Then again,I am often ashamed of beeing human,part of the heartless cruel race,call me an animal any day:cat: :dog:

Frenchy
June 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Copperbelle,I don't understand:sad: Goldens beeing the most popular dog in Canada,dumped:confused:

:offtopic: That's the problem : too popular, you can get a "purebred" golden puppy on the internet for $250 :mad:

My foster Paco , owner wanted to have him put down because they were moving :frustrated:

chico2
June 27th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Well,I am glad Paco ended up in the right hands and now with a forever home,hopefully they'll all be that lucky:pray:

Frenchy
June 27th, 2007, 12:51 PM
,hopefully they'll all be that lucky:pray:

3 of the spca, rescues , a couple of shelters, couple of vet clinics, pet food stores and many other pet related people have my number , so I'm the first person they think if they get a golden. I know other people from the rescue do the same thing.

chico2
June 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Well,you are a Golden:angel: ,how many could you handle??
Maybe a Hazel's no 7:laughing:

Frenchy
June 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Well,you are a Golden:angel: ,how many could you handle??
Maybe a Hazel's no 7:laughing:

Many times I have 4 , could maybe take a fifth one, only for an emergency because I see how Hazel is sometimes :crazy: , don't want to turn out like her :laughing:

coppperbelle
June 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
In order to remain married, 3 is my limit. :D

Frenchy
June 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM
In order to remain married, 3 is my limit. :D

:laughing:

poodletalk
June 27th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Tomorrow is the big day, the Nun's Island paper is delievered too all the homes. Our golden friend picture and small write up will be in the paper

Keep your fingers crossed, someone recognizes this dog or someone wants to adopt him :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Frenchy
June 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Poodletalk, I vote for a new family for him. :fingerscr It seems to me that you guys :angel: are putting more effort to find the owner than the owner to found his dog ..... I really think this dog was just left there.

poodletalk
June 27th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I tend to agree with you Frenchy, when the dog walker found him, it was when Nun's Island had a big childrens picnic and 500 people showed up for it.

I called the dog pound for the Nun's Island area no one called saying they lost their dog.

I am trying to say optomistic, you never know, but I think we will probably start looking for a home for him.

coppperbelle
June 28th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Poodletalk, I vote for a new family for him. :fingerscr It seems to me that you guys :angel: are putting more effort to find the owner than the owner to found his dog ..... I really think this dog was just left there.

I have to agree with Frenchy on this one.

poodletalk
June 28th, 2007, 11:39 AM
We may have a potential lead on a future family for the golden.

There's a family who's interested in adopting him (the family got recommended) if it's a fit, they will take him after mid July. Till then, the dog will still at his current foster home.

Frenchy
June 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM
woohoo ! :highfive:

poodletalk
June 28th, 2007, 12:38 PM
It's not a done deal yet, I don't want to jinx it!

Frenchy
June 28th, 2007, 12:41 PM
woohoo ! :highfive:

I meant woohoo , someone may be interested in him , not woohoo he's adopted :laughing: :rolleyes:

chico2
June 28th, 2007, 04:48 PM
That would be great:fingerscr
He looks like a young dog,but then again I think even a 9yr old look young.

rainbow
June 28th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Good luck for the potential home. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

poodletalk
July 9th, 2007, 09:52 AM
He was adopted! He's now living in a great home with water front access!

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 12:43 PM
He was adopted! He's now living in a great home with water front access!

I'm about to go and get lost on Nun's Island :laughing:

Good job ! :highfive:

chico2
July 9th, 2007, 05:14 PM
PT,you guys are awesome,I am sure this pretty Golden will have a wonderful life:thumbs up

coppperbelle
July 9th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I'm about to go and get lost on Nun's Island :laughing:

Good job ! :highfive:

Me too!!!!:laughing: