Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi from Nebraska

Marta Elena
June 21st, 2007, 10:57 AM
I'm new here, tho I've been a member sice 05 never posted..I'm Marta Elena, live in SE Nebraska where with my husband maintain a feral cat colony, or two.We do TNR and rescue as much as possible to adopt out. I've 4 housekitties_Margaret went to the Bridge earlier this month_and now have 5 fosters, 3 yearlings born feral and two strays that lived with the ferals..of course I've questions and comments and would love to share with others..thank-you for this great forum!

PS My avatar is Juliette's eye

happycats
June 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
WELCOME!!!

happycats
June 21st, 2007, 11:51 AM
WELCOME!!!

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM
Hi, Marta! Welcome to the posting population! :p I'm glad you finally took the plunge! :D

You probably have noticed that we all crave pictures here...so I'm hoping we can convince you to post some of your rather large fur family! :thumbs up

Now I have to ask you...and forgive me if this is just so obvious as to be stupid...but what is TNR? :o (Am I gonna be embarrassed I couldn't figure it out when you tell me what it is?)

lilmegshepherds
June 21st, 2007, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the forum

SableCollie
June 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Welcome!!!

what is TNR?
Trap Neuter Return! Meaning you trap the feral cats in humane traps, get them all vetted and spayed/neutered, and release them back into the feral colony. And of course someone feeds and takes care of the colony. TNR people are very dedicated! :)

Frenchy
June 21st, 2007, 10:03 PM
Trap Neuter Return! Meaning you trap the feral cats in humane traps, get them all vetted and spayed/neutered, and release them back into the feral colony.

aww that is soo nice ! :highfive: Welcome to pets.ca , would looove to see pics of the kitties :cat:

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 03:42 AM
It took you a whole year to finally jump aboard? :eek: Well, I'm sure glad you did......WELCOME and thanks for helping all the ferals. :angel: