Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cat, Himalayan

whereowhere
June 21st, 2007, 02:19 AM
A large, tan Himalayan cat. Blue eyes, male. Has a a long tail with a tuft at the end (like a lion's). We lost him sometime in the last week (6/13/07-6/19/07) around Hogarth Circle Cockeysville, Maryland. He ran off into the woods when we took him out for some fresh air, and we haven't seen him since. But we all love him very much, so please post here if found! REWARD IF FOUND!
I don't know how to type in the url of myown images, but I think I got the kitty's picture up.

Love4himies
June 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
He is beautiful! I have two Himalayans myself. They are the most gentlest, loving kitties!!

Don't give up looking for him, he is probably not far, but is too scared to come out of hiding, even if he hears you calling. The best time to look for him will be late at night or early morning when all is quiet. Post pictures around your neighbourhood and ask neighbours to look under their decks, in their sheds/garages.

:fingerscr Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated.

Love4himies
June 25th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Any luck finding your baby?

whereowhere
June 25th, 2007, 06:08 PM
We've searched the woods 5 times in the past week, even bringing Buster's favorate treats if screaming our lungs didn't work. My dad even called a pet detective agency but they haen't called back yet. Do you know of any pet agencies that can help us in our search? My dad loves that cat more than any of us ever could, and he's gonna be overseas in 2 weeks.

shirley1011
June 26th, 2007, 05:14 AM
I know the anguish you and your family are going thru. Have you tried using
a loud speaker...they can reach up to 1/2 mile range...I got mine at
Radio Shack and it does cover a lot more area when you are calling. I
don't know of any pet detective that can help you in Maryland but there is
one in Washington State. Her name is Melody Pugh. Her web site is
www.pet-detective.com. I spoke with her many times when we first lost
our dog and she gave us some telephone advise that was very helpful.
She is an ex=police officer who loves animals and she may be abe to give
you some advise on finding your kitty in the woods area. Give her a call she
is so kind and helpful and your baby hasn't been gone that long.
Shirley

whereowhere
July 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM
UPDATE!!!
I FOUND MY KITTY!!!
*cue cafetti fattening kitty treats*
Here's some advice: leave a box outside where you last saw your cat- put something with its scent in the box- and wait. That's how I got my kittywitty back!

cpietra16
July 1st, 2007, 12:59 PM
Great news. I bet she's glad to be home:thumbs up

rainbow
July 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM
I am so glad you got Buster back. :highfive: He's gorgeous and I love happy endings. :cloud9:

Love4himies
July 3rd, 2007, 06:24 AM
I am sooo happy for you:thumbs up . Thanks for the update and advice.:highfive: