Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Toronto area.

Tankstar
June 20th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Lisa. I live just outside of Toronto (East). I am 22 (well almost) and have never lived with out a dog. Currently I have one dog, who I was told was a sheltie. Well 70lbs 18inchs later (at the sholder) I think I have a rough collie. but I couldnt careless. He is 4 years old and my baby. His name is Blaze. We go to the dog park daily for 2-5 hours depending on how much time I have. Hes a big suck. But true to the collie nautre he is very shy and wary of strangers. He does warm up quickly. He lvoes to herd the dogs at the park, somtimes nipping at their heels while barking lol.

If anybody else in the area goes to greenwood park. It would be ncie to talk to you, maybe meet up with the dogs. Dgs can never have to many friends, and dog lovers can never have to many smart dog owner friends lol

Well here he is at the dog park, This is from today.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/_Tankstar_/HPIM0455.jpg

hazelrunpack
June 20th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Oh, he's beautiful, Tankstar! :lovestruck: And he looks so happy! :D

Welcome to the Board!

erykah1310
June 20th, 2007, 10:24 PM
He is very handsome:lovestruck: welcome to the forum, I am quite far from TO but im sure you will meet some great people on here.

TeriM
June 20th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Welcome to pets.ca. Tank is sooooo handsome :lovestruck: .

lilmegshepherds
June 21st, 2007, 06:30 AM
Welcome Tankstar.
We have met on another forum; nice to see you here too.

Beautiful dog!

happycats
June 21st, 2007, 07:26 AM
WELCOME !!!

He is a beauty!!:lovestruck:

marko
June 21st, 2007, 09:46 AM
What a gorgeous dog! Welcome!

SnowDancer
June 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
Welcome. I live in East York - haven't been to Greenwood Park though - but I know where the Greenwood/Danforth intersection is. Is the park "officially" off leash - my guy is never off leash with me - and park across the street from my house is NOT off-leash but people with big dogs ignore this - has been a problem for many people. My guy is a 20 lb. very feminine looking American Eskimo with claws and jaws of steel. Your pup sounds gorgeous - and isn't it a surprise when they turn out to be bigger than expected. We thought our guy was going to be about 35 lbs. - and I think he wishes he was.

Tankstar
June 21st, 2007, 11:12 AM
Thank you every one.

Snowdancer. I think you are thinking of a different place. The place I am speaking of it just North of Ajax, East of Pickering. It does have a offical offleash park. But other areas of the park are on leash, but no one listens to it. No one eve comes by to check. And every one is resecptable to the joggers or bikers that may come by. And clean up after their dogs. Offcourse there is a few who are just rude, but I would say 8 out of 10 people are wonderful there (espeacially the regulars) every thing you bring in comes out, water bottles to dog poop. Unless you have a dog like mine who runs off the path in to bush that is taller then him. Then there is no way I can even find it lol

SnowDancer
June 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Definitely thinking of wrong spot! But as a kid I lived in Pickering.

rainbow
June 24th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Welcome to the forum. Blaze is gorgeous. :cloud9: