Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Seeking Nominations for an Advisory Committee on Health Products

CyberKitten
June 20th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I recently received this as a result of several ethics committees I serve on - I wondered if there were any professionals here interested in this commission. I have left out names and email addresses for privacy reasons. PM me if you are interested and have some background in a medical or nutritional field or like to be a lobbyist as a consumer. Thx! I just think the more people who have access to these boards, the better!

Dear <CK :) >,

Health Canada's Health Products and Food Branch (HPFB) is seeking nominations for members to participate on an Expert Advisory Committee on the Vigilance of Health Products (EAC-VHP). The Committee will provide advice to the HPFB on its post-market policies and programs. Representing a mix of expertise and experience, the Committee will consist of twelve to fifteen members from the health professional, patient and consumer, researcher and academia, and
industry association sectors.

Please see the attached letter inviting you to put forward a nominee. The call
for nominations is open until July 27th, 2007. The EAC-VHP terms of reference, guidelines for submitting a nomination and a nomination form are also attached.

If you have any questions, require more information, or a paper copy of this
nomination package, do not hesitate to contact <name Deleted> from the Committee Secretariat by email <Deleted> or by phone at
<Deleted - Ottawa ext> Confirmation letters for nominations received will only be provided upon request.

Please forward information about this nomination process to your membership,
affiliated networks or any additional associations you feel may be interested.

Sincerely,

<Name Deleted>
Committee Secretariat