Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Expert on cat breeds out there??

dovelady4
June 20th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I have a small black cat that we've had for nearly...3 yrs?? I'm not good with dates and such. Anywho... I've been wondering what breed he is, and I can't seem to place him. He's small, black with white hairs dotting his coat and a few small brown spots. He has green eyes that sometimes look very yellow...ummm...good sized tail, medium-length hair, sheds, long whiskers...he also has a VERY fiery attitude. True story...When we took him to get fixed, the people who worked on him called him a devil cat because he was so mean. I still love him!:lovestruck: Anything else you need to know. I'll add a few picture too... Oh, he has a very high pitched voice that he rarely uses that is usually cracked...if that makes any sense:o I hope someone can help!:fingerscr

Thanks!

dtbmnec
June 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I have no idea what breed he is but that second picture looks soooooo cute!

Its a pool of black with two beady eyes wondering what's going on! I love it!

I'm not sure if anyone really can tell what breed a cat really is. My two boys are both black and I really don't mind not knowing if they've got a breed to themselves or not. :cat:

Megan

dovelady4
June 20th, 2007, 04:40 PM
hehe:laughing: ...good answer. I'm guessing he's a crossbreed of something, in which case it would be almost impossible to tell. But, curiosity never killed my cat...:) I was just wondering if someone might know. I looked in books with all different sorts of cat breeds and the closest one to my kitty was a bombay or something like it...:shrug: oh, wells!:p

ps. He was playing with that little orange striped ball when I took that picture. He really is fun to watch when he plays, especially when he starts rolling down the steps...:rolleyes:

chico2
June 20th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Dovelady,I too have a black cat with greenis eyes,but he is a big cat at 16lb's,yours looks really tiny for a male,but oh so cute!
As for breeds,I never really thought about that,I have 3 cats and since they were not gotten from a breeder,they are just cat-cats and I love them to bits,just like you do your little boy:lovestruck:

MyBirdIsEvil
June 20th, 2007, 05:49 PM
He's probably just a mix, looks exactly like the black cat I have now and a couple I've had before. Black is a really common color when you mix breeds together.

CyberKitten
June 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM
My guess is that he is a cute domestic short hair moggie. No purebred but so adorable!! He does not have an Oriental look about him - does not have the blue eyes or other characteristics one would look for. But he may be part Oriental - you never know. He is a mix of something and definitely cute! It would be impossible to narrow it down except thru that DNA test now available.

SableCollie
June 20th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Ah, you have a very nice DSH there! (Domestic Shorthair...aka your generic kittycat). Happens to be one of my favourite cat breeds (along with domestic mediumhair and domestic longhair!) Here's some breed info (http://www.centralpets.com/animals/mammals/cats/cat554.html)! :)