- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


new to this site

June 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Hello my name is Rebecca and I came here to get some information and support as my husband and I are going through a really tough decision at the moment. Our 81/2 year old Lab/Boxer mix(Lanfear) attempted to jump her 7' pen last Tuesday as there was a thunderstorm. She however got her back leg caught and hung upside down for several hours I'm sure. We had to dismantle the whole pen to get her out. Once out, we took her to water and kept her in the bathroom for the night until we could get her to the vet.

The vet took x-rays, did blood work, kept her overnight as she was dehydrated and stated that she did not break any bones or dislocate anything. However, he was concerned about nerve damage and the swelling. It has now been three days since she has been home and the swelling has not seemed to go down. My husband took her to the vet again and he wanted to give her a week to see if she would start using the leg again. He also mentioned that amputation was possible.

I was devastated to hear this not only because of the loss but also because of monetary reasons. We have an 11 month old son and can't afford much. We just spent 600 at the vet for her last visit. I was wondering if anyone could give me an approximate cost of the amputation. And please pray or put our beloved Lanfear in your thoughts to help her get better.

Thank you,

June 19th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Welcome to Rebecca & family ~ we would love to see pix of Lanfear of course and congrats on the new boy! I see that you have posted in "health" as well and replied to your issue in that forum.

June 19th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Welcome to the site.and would love to see some pics.

June 19th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forums