Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hola from Tx

whitbit317
June 18th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Hi...I'm new to the board. I currently own a 7yr old male long haired black and tan dacshsund(Rowdy), and a 12 week old female-same breed and coat(Cheyanne). I also have two cockatiels, Pearl(who happens to be a pearl lol), and Martini who is a grey.

lilmegshepherds
June 18th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the forums

SnowDancer
June 18th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Welcome. I am laughing imagining 2 Dachshunds in charge of a couple of birds! (I have had multiple minis myself.)

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hi, Whitbit! Welcome to the board!

We'd love to see pics of your doxies and birds! :D

Something tells me, SnowDancer, that the birds are in charge of the dogs! :laughing: I had a budgie who had a lab, springer, and setter all cowed and firmly under his beak! :D

whitbit317
June 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
haha...you're absolutely right hazel! The birds whistle and the older dog comes running. He also makes a snack on their seed that they spit out of their cage. I'll have to see if I can find some pics...I know I have older ones of the old dog and the birds, but the only one of my new pup is on my phone..I'll have to take some cause she is just the cutest thing this side of mars.

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2007, 10:01 PM
haha...you're absolutely right hazel! The birds whistle and the older dog comes running. He also makes a snack on their seed that they spit out of their cage. I'll have to see if I can find some pics...I know I have older ones of the old dog and the birds, but the only one of my new pup is on my phone..I'll have to take some cause she is just the cutest thing this side of mars.

What! :eek: You haven't taken any non-phone pics of your new pup, yet? :D Whatchya waiting for? he he We'll give you plenty of incentive because we'll bug you unmercifully. You'll eventually have to start snapping pics right and left just to shut us up! :laughing:

Really, though, we're just doing it for your own good. You'll thank us when she's grown up and you have all these wonderful baby pictures of her to look back on. We have only the purest of intentions :angel: :D

whitbit317
June 18th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I tried to get my digi cam to work, but it would not work at all, so none of the pup yet...but I put some of the rest of the gang in the pics section of the forum.

SnowDancer
June 19th, 2007, 11:20 AM
But, Hazel - these aren't just dogs, they are MINI DACHSHUNDS! Any other breed and I would put money that the birds would be in charge - but not with a Dachshund on the premises. I hope that the birds won't mind sharing a cage with a friend.