Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

One more pic of a garden

JanM
June 17th, 2007, 07:22 PM
This garden is along the south side of the house..

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2007, 10:59 PM
This garden is along the south side of the house..

Red, white and blue...he he Just in time for the fourth of July... You need to move that garden down to hazel's house! :usa: :D

What's that blue one in the front? That's gorgeous! Is it as blue as it looks, or is that a trick of the camera?

JanM
June 18th, 2007, 09:22 AM
That blue flower is a delphinium and it is the true colour. Quite beautiful...

hazelrunpack
June 18th, 2007, 07:41 PM
That blue flower is a delphinium and it is the true colour. Quite beautiful...

I thought it looked rather delphiniumish...but I've never had the pleasure of visiting a garden that had any so I've never met any in person. Do the hummers like them?

Smiley14
June 19th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Oh, I'm soooo jealous of your gardens!!! That is like my dream garden someday, LOL! VERY beautiful!!!! Your thumb must be very bright green! :thumbs up

JanM
June 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Thank you SMiley14 - but I can't take the credit - the weather here and the soil are just perfect for growing things. I swear, if you take a twig and put it in the ground - stand back or it'll get you in the face from gowing so fast :)

Actually, hummers don't seem to go near the Delphiniums - maybe because they are blue? They love the red hot poker and they go mostly for the yellow part - not the red - go figure!

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Well, if I get some delphiniums for their lovely color, then, I'll put them in the garden up in the big yard instead of in the hummingbird garden. Delphiniums need full sun anyway, don't they? The only garden I have with full sun is up on the hill. I sure do love the color of those flowers!

JanM
June 19th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Well, if I get some delphiniums for their lovely color, then, I'll put them in the garden up in the big yard instead of in the hummingbird garden. Delphiniums need full sun anyway, don't they? The only garden I have with full sun is up on the hill. I sure do love the color of those flowers!

When you get the Delphiniums - be selective in choosing colour - they do come in very different colours - these, if memory serves me, are Pacific Blue Giant (or something close to that). They do like full sun and they also need to be sheltered from wind - I stake mine even though they are against the house.