Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Part of my garden...

JanM
June 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Just wanted to share a couple of pics of my gardens - I haven't yet found a way to get a picture of all the front garden - it takes up the whole yard.. the first shows a Witch Hazel (Hammammalis) with foxgloves and dwarf maples in the background. The middle pic is the front yard too and the last one is of roses in the back yard - up against the deck.

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Wow, Jan, that is one impressive front yard! :thumbs up I'll bet you have people stop to look all the time! :cloud9: It's just absolutely gorgeous!

People who stop to look at hazel's gardens usually leave shaking their heads at her gardening ineptitude. :laughing:

clm
June 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Very nice. You've done a lot of work there. Looks like you have loads more bloom to come too.

Cindy

JanM
June 17th, 2007, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;440550]Wow, Jan, that is one impressive front yard! :thumbs up I'll bet you have people stop to look all the time! :cloud9: It's just absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks, hazelrunpack - yes, people do stop to look - quite a bit! One lady was telling me that she takes pictures of my front yard and sends them to her friends across Canada!

Its really rather fun - I didn't take any spring pictures this year but there are so many bulbs - tulips (all kinds), crocus, snowdrops, hyacinth, windflowers, - sheesh - tons of them... I'll see if I can find any spring pictures - if not, it will have to wait 'til next year!

pags
June 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Woow! I LOVE it. Gorgeous!!!!

I always get a wee bit jealous when I get to see my Canadian friends' gardens... Allll the stuff that I just can't grow down here!! :)

JanM
June 25th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Aww, gee, Pags - does that mean I shouldn't post any more garden pix? :laughing: :laughing: I bet you have some neat flowers and stuff that we can't grow here though!

pags
June 25th, 2007, 02:45 PM
*giggle* Nah I guess I can deal with it, Jan! :D It's all worth the suffering to see the great pictures.

But you know -- I am not so sure how much we can grow here that you guys can't get to grow up there -- especially since they're coming up with more and more cold-hearty varieties every day. I have a good friend in Saskatchewan who always compares garden notes with me... And mostly what we've discovered is that a lot of things that are annuals up there are perennials down here. Other than that (and the banana and citrus trees) I have plenty to be jealous of... LOL :crazy:

What I really really need is more people to start developing HOT&HUMID-hearty varieties. :P

But please... keep on making me jealous!! I love it. :)

chico2
June 25th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Jan,that's beautiful,especially the second pic....my garden is an organized mess,lots of different perennials,looks a little like your second pic:thumbs up