Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baxter fell into the pond today.

clm
June 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM
We knew it was just a matter of time, and of course I didn't have the camera outside with me, but he was sitting on the ledge, trying to grab his tail and over he went. We were right there, and he swam pretty good, we waited to see if he could haul himself out and he did get out on his own. He hasn't been on the ledge since :laughing: He didn't go right under, his head was the only part of him that was dry though. He looked so surprised and a little scared since he couldn't touch bottom. He looked like one of those lion dogs with his head still all nice and puffy and the rest of him soaking wet :laughing:
The koi were a little miffed, he interruped their dinner :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
June 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM
We knew it was just a matter of time,

That's exactly what I tought when I saw the thread tittle :p At least he knows how to swim now :D Must have been real cute to see him all wet !

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Yep, where are those pesky cameras when you need them! :laughing: Baby's first swimming lessons!

I can just picture him with a puffy head and that wet sleek fur look on the rest of his body! :cloud9: He probably wasn't too thrilled, though. :o

angeldogs
June 17th, 2007, 12:30 AM
That would have been funny head dry body soaking wet.:laughing:

chico2
June 17th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Awww,wish you had had the camera:laughing:
I usually keep mine in my shorts-pocket,just in case..
Vinnie just about rolled over in to the pool yesterday:p

Lukka'sma
June 17th, 2007, 08:45 AM
:laughing: I wish you had the camera too. I am starting to realize that I must carry that darn thing all the time because I never have it at that opportune moment.

SableCollie
June 17th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Oh dear, poor Baxter! :D

I hate those moments when you have the perfect photo op but no camera!