Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing lucky #7: Hazel Run Brier

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Well, we finally decided on an addition to the Pack. He's about 9 months of age, a tri-color, and seems to have a very sweet personality. He got along well with the Pack last weekend. (Macie even shared a bowl of water with him and she's our shyest girl :thumbs up.) After due consideration and a quick rejuggling of our budget to allow for one more set of vet bills (:rolleyes:), we've decided to bring him home. He'll be arriving, if all goes well, before the month is up :thumbs up

So, without further ado, let me introduce to you, hazel run brier!:

He did spend some time chatting with friends. He had some lovely conversations with the training pigeons:

Most of the rest of the day he spent running around carrying a big stick in his mouth. When he got tired, he'd lay down with Stick close by. You gotta closely supervise Sticks or they get away why you're napping. You can see his right front paw curled protectively around it...:

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2007, 11:51 PM
After a while it got really hot so he abandoned Stick and came over to mingle with some of the other dogs. He and Parker (the chestnut dog with his head on Brier's back) hung out together in the shade for a while:

And finally, Brier was so tuckered that he pressed his belly into a cool hole in the dirt and fell fast asleep :cloud9: :

I can't wait to get him home. :lovestruck:

Winston
June 15th, 2007, 12:32 AM
OMG!!! Hazelrunpack does that really mean you have 7 dogs??? They certainly are gorgeous! How do you manage 7 of them?

Cindy

luckypenny
June 15th, 2007, 12:35 AM
He's just beautiful, Hazelrunpack :cloud9: . I can see why you're eager to get him home. Lucky you, lucky Brier!

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 12:45 AM
OMG!!! Hazelrunpack does that really mean you have 7 dogs??? They certainly are gorgeous! How do you manage 7 of them?

Cindy

Don't know how I'll manage 7, yet...just the 6 here right now. :D Brier won't be here for a few days. I'll keep you posted on hazel's nervous breakdown :crazy: :laughing:

Here's a pic of the 6-Pack:

They're eagerly awaiting the new arrival. :dog:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 12:53 AM
He's just beautiful, Hazelrunpack :cloud9: . I can see why you're eager to get him home. Lucky you, lucky Brier!

Thanks, Luckypenny. :o He's a real sweet boy. :lovestruck:

rainbow
June 15th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Brier is just as gorgeous as the rest of your crew. :cloud9: I love the pic you posted of the six pack. :lovestruck: There's even a space for Brier at the left end. :D

BMDLuver
June 15th, 2007, 06:52 AM
He's gorgeous. Look at it this way... Dogs are like potato chips, can't just have one! :D

happycats
June 15th, 2007, 06:54 AM
What a beauty Brier is:lovestruck: I'm sure he'll fit in well with the rest of the pack! And heck, what's one more?:shrug: At least that's what I said when I got up to 6 cat's, then everyone started calling me the crazy cat lady! What exactly do they call you, and people with more then 3 dog's?:D

Hunter's_owner
June 15th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Wow Hazel, he really is a beauty!!!:cloud9:
I can't wait for him to get at your place so we can see pics of the 7 of them together:cloud9: :cloud9:

chico2
June 15th, 2007, 08:08 AM
OMG,7 beautiful dogs:eek: then again,6 or 7 does not really matter,except Brier will have a dreamhome:dog:
The 6-pack pic is amazing,they are just soooo beautiful,look full of mischief(sp?):laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:17 AM
What a beauty Brier is:lovestruck: I'm sure he'll fit in well with the rest of the pack! And heck, what's one more?:shrug: At least that's what I said when I got up to 6 cat's, then everyone started calling me the crazy cat lady! What exactly do they call you, and people with more then 3 dog's?:D

When we moved here in fall of 2004, we had 3 and the people around here already called me the dog lady. That changed to crazy dog lady when we moved up to 6 (funny how "crazy" seems to go with 6 whether it's cats or dogs, isn't it? :D). Now I'm not sure what they'll call me... he he :o They'll probably just commit me! :laughing: ... :eek:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:21 AM
The 6-pack pic is amazing,they are just soooo beautiful,look full of mischief(sp?):laughing:

Thanks, Chico. They actually aren't quite as mischievous as they used to be. They're mellowing quite a bit...so we are obligated to infuse some younger blood, aren't we? Yeah....obligated...yeah...I like that! So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :thumbs up

HO--I can't wait to get him home, either, but I can count on one hand the number of pics I have of the whole 6-Pack. It took me 2 years to get the first group shot. Somethin' tells me it might take me a while to get the first of the Lucky Seven shots! :crazy:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Brier is just as gorgeous as the rest of your crew. :cloud9: I love the pic you posted of the six pack. :lovestruck: There's even a space for Brier at the left end. :D

he he I hadn't noticed that! I could actually Photoshop him in, couldn't I? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:27 AM
He's gorgeous. Look at it this way... Dogs are like potato chips, can't just have one! :D

Or chocolate chips! Yum! :cloud9: Thanks, BMD!

jessi76
June 15th, 2007, 08:47 AM
congratulations!!!!! he's a very handsome fellow! You are truly amazing to care for so many!

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:59 AM
congratulations!!!!! he's a very handsome fellow! You are truly amazing to care for so many!

They take care of me! :cloud9:

Hunter's_owner
June 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
HO--I can't wait to get him home, either, but I can count on one hand the number of pics I have of the whole 6-Pack. It took me 2 years to get the first group shot. Somethin' tells me it might take me a while to get the first of the Lucky Seven shots! :crazy:

Yes I was thinking it would be quite difficult. But the challenge is on :evil: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Yes I was thinking it would be quite difficult. But the challenge is on :evil: :laughing:

:eek: :o I'll see what hazel can do... :D

Frenchy
June 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
omg omg omg :lovestruck: He is soo dreamy ! :cloud9: I can't believe you will have 7 of those to cudle , I'm so jealous :yell: but at least we get to see them...congratulation Hazel ! :stork-baby:

JanM
June 15th, 2007, 12:55 PM
What a beautiful boy and it sure looks like a wonderful addition to your family! Congratulations to you and your pack :) He's a lucky boy...

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 12:59 PM
omg omg omg :lovestruck: He is soo dreamy ! :cloud9: I can't believe you will have 7 of those to cudle , I'm so jealous :yell: but at least we get to see them...congratulation Hazel ! :stork-baby:

I'm getting the 'new mummy nervouses'... :o

Frenchy
June 15th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Note to self ; Hazel and BHRR are NOT good influence on Frenchy. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
What a beautiful boy and it sure looks like a wonderful addition to your family! Congratulations to you and your pack :) He's a lucky boy...

Thanks, Jan. I think he's going to fit in well :fingerscr *knock on wood, throw salt over hazel's shoulder, and trying not to break any mirrors or step on any cracks*:o

Furbaby Momma
June 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I am so happy for you Hazelrunpack, Brier is so gorgeaous and such a lucky number seven to make your six pack a winning number...you must be in heaven. :cloud9:

The picture of all six of your beautiful dogs on the veranda is breathtaking, Thank You for sharing your joy with us. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Thank You for sharing your joy with us. :lovestruck:

Thanks for the kind words, Furbaby Momma...but I expect you'll be more than sick of the Hazel Run Seven by the time I'm tired of taking pics of the new boy.... :laughing: But I'll try to control myself......:o

SnowDancer
June 15th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Beautiful pup - and so much like the little English Setter I met in Italy a few times (owned by pensione manager). I tried to find a Setter in Toronto and surrounding area but without success. So we have Elmo the Eskimo! 7 Setters will be a handful. I once had 5 mini Dachshunds and 3 cats. Fortunately only of the Dachshunds was Alpha - so he supervised the group. After he died, my other Alpha came along - peace on earth again. Sure hope your group dynamic is similar.

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 02:54 PM
My impression of Brier is that he doesn't have an alpha bone in his body! :fingerscr We just have to hope he doesn't have a change of heart as he gets older :o

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Note to self ; Hazel and BHRR are NOT good influence on Frenchy. :laughing:

Note to Frenchy: Hazel is not a good influence on hazel, either! :laughing:

Skryker
June 15th, 2007, 04:55 PM
:lovestruck: He's so handsome, hazel!

LibbyP
June 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Dogs are like potato chips, can't just have one! :D

That is the BEST ever and sssssooo true. Congrats Hazel, he is one handsome boy and I'm sure he'll fit right into the 6 pack just fine. I'm going to hold you to that (tons of pics thingy)

wdawson
June 15th, 2007, 07:16 PM
hazel
what a great looking dog....congrats. oh and the six pack at the gate....too funny:laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:29 PM
:lovestruck: He's so handsome, hazel!

Thanks, boss lady. :D

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:31 PM
That is the BEST ever and sssssooo true. Congrats Hazel, he is one handsome boy and I'm sure he'll fit right into the 6 pack just fine. I'm going to hold you to that (tons of pics thingy)

he he I suspect that as long as my connection holds out, I'll be good for at least a year of frequent pics... :o Everyone will be dreading seeing the next batch: "This is Brier drinking water. This is Brier lying down. This is Brier scratching his ear. This is Brier..." Well, you get the idea. :laughing:

Thanks LibbyP

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:33 PM
hazel
what a great looking dog....congrats. oh and the six pack at the gate....too funny:laughing:

Yeah, we had the deck built to be a dog-containment structure. :D The day I took that, the guy was there to fill the LP tank. The Pack thought it was extremely unfair that they weren't allowed to come down and chap the poor guy with their licking. :dog:

Smiley14
June 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Oh Hazel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!! Brier is so beautiful! Ah, I keep thinking of Brier Patch with those gorgeous patches he has, LOL! What a beauty! And a new brother for the pack!!! You will be one busy Mommy! Not that you aren't already, hehe. AH! Can't wait to see more pictures of this gorgeous boy and all his happy brothers and sisters! :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Smiley. I'm expecting the youngster to liven up these ol' couch potatoes some! :D

SableCollie
June 15th, 2007, 09:10 PM
7! Now you officially have more dogs than anyone I know! Now you'll need one of these (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/doggie/-/pv_design_prod/pg_1/p_storeid.110010357/pNo_110010357/id_17787427/opt_/fpt_/c_360/)!

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2007, 09:18 PM
7! Now you officially have more dogs than anyone I know! Now you'll need one of these (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/doggie/-/pv_design_prod/pg_1/p_storeid.110010357/pNo_110010357/id_17787427/opt_/fpt_/c_360/)!

Hey, that's great, SableCollie! :thumbs up I think hazel would look smashing in that! :D

A friend of mine got me a shirt last Christmas that has six dancing dogs cavorting across the front where it says "Dancing with Woofs". Perfect for the Pack... :cloud9:

:eek: Only now I'm gonna have to paste #7 on there somewhere! :p

rainbow
June 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Now you'll need one of these (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/doggie/-/pv_design_prod/pg_1/p_storeid.110010357/pNo_110010357/id_17787427/opt_/fpt_/c_360/)!

I think you should get one in each colour. :D I've often been referred to as the "dog lady" over the years but I haven't reached the "crazy" stage yet. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Hmmmm...rainbow, your color remark just stimulated a thought cell (the second rarest type of cell of all in hazel's brain; the absolute rarest being memory cells :laughing:.) I color-code their toothbrushes so I can tell them apart:

But I'm not sure they come in seven colors! Uh-oh...:o

jesse's mommy
June 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Congrats on the new addition. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks, JM! If all goes well, he should arrive on the 25th :thumbs up Hubby is driving out to pick him up. :D

Frenchy
June 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I can't wait !!! :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I can't wait !!! :goodvibes:

me, either! :highfive:

rainbow
June 18th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Only eight more sleeps. :)

TeriM
June 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks, JM! If all goes well, he should arrive on the 25th :thumbs up Hubby is driving out to pick him up. :D

I'm so excited for you. Briar is such a handsome young boy :lovestruck: . I can't wait to see all the shots of him playing with the pack ;) .

hazelrunpack
June 20th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Me, either...but now we're worried there might be a delay... The last screening results aren't back yet. :frustrated: We're hoping they arrive by the weekend--we're getting pretty close to pickup day! :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
June 20th, 2007, 10:08 PM
:o he he :o hazel got the date wrong--Brier is coming on the 23rd, not the 25th... Hubby goes out to get him on Saturday, and his vet appt here is on Monday... :o see? I told you hazel was a tad senile! But that means (if the results get back on time) he'll be here two days earlier than you guys expected! And I'm hoping to have some pics developed by Monday! :thumbs up

rainbow
June 21st, 2007, 05:15 PM
WOO HOO.....only two more sleeps till Brier comes. :highfive:

mummummum
June 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I'm feeling those "braxton-hicks" myself. I hope you will shoot a video of the 6-pack-to-7 homecoming Hazel !

Crestedcrazy
June 21st, 2007, 07:09 PM
wow! 7 really is Lucky... Lucky you that is :cloud9: he's just gotgeous and the whole pack is just beautiful!

pags
June 21st, 2007, 08:17 PM
I am in total awe. Seven. SEVEN. And all really beautiful at that. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 09:20 PM
WoooHooo! :highfive: Just found out Brier passed the last of the health screenings and will be home sometime late on Saturday. If there's enough light, there will be video, for sure! :D And lots of stills... :p Probably more than most people can stand! :o

But you're in luck! My connection is usually so bad that if I post more than 6 pics in a thread, my modem can't stand that strain and explodes, thereby leaving you guys relatively unscathed... :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Oh, and the other piece of good news--they do make a seventh color of toothbrush--it's bright red :thumbs up They're ordering up a slew of them! :D

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 09:22 PM
waiting paiently for PICTURES hehehehe
no presure from me :rolleyes:

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Oh, and the other piece of good news--they do make a seventh color of toothbrush--it's bright red :thumbs up They're ordering up a slew of them! :D

what color is coles?? and the others??

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM
what color is coles?? and the others??

Cole's is blue--he's a perfect blue belton, so it only seemed fitting. King Ember's is green--matched his very first collar and he looks smashing in green! Queen Cass's is (of course) a royal purple. Macie is an orange belton, so of course, her's is orange. Princess Lil Belle has a shocking pink one to match her vibrant personality. And Ridge's is yellow, which, I am told, is the preferred color of psychotics and therefore appeals to hazel and I :laughing:

Day after tomorrow! :fingerscr It's coming up quick! :crazy:

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 09:45 PM
don't you get confued remembering all those colors and who's is who's are they at least monogramed??? cause I can't even rember who has which color for my family :laughing: let alone bree's :laughing:

Frenchy
June 21st, 2007, 09:46 PM
48 hours to go ! :goodvibes: This is sooo exciting but such a bad bad example for me, just feel like going on petfinder and fill out many many applications :laughing:

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 09:51 PM
http://www.smileycons.com/img/big-smileys/2790.gif

I don't have one for butterflys in your tummy so this will have to do

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.smileycons.com/img/big-smileys/2790.gif

I don't have one for butterflys in your tummy so this will have to do

He's funny, Breeze! :D Doesn't he look like he's taken his head off his body and is holding it out in front of him! :laughing: I love his butterflies, though. :p

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 10:39 PM
don't you get confued remembering all those colors and who's is who's are they at least monogramed??? cause I can't even rember who has which color for my family :laughing: let alone bree's :laughing:

Can you imagine if I had to use brushes that were all the same color?! :eek: all those little monogrammed pieces of tape would come off and then we'd be lost! :p

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 10:40 PM
come to think about it yes he does, then we can say that his head exploded with excitment :laughing: :laughing:

breeze
June 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM
Can you imagine if I had to use brushes that were all the same color?! :eek: all those little monogrammed pieces of tape would come off and then we'd be lost! :p

no no not tape "engrave them" with an engraving tool ( like the one I have here in my basement) o wait that would mean you and your pack would have to come and visit, don't forget their toothbrushes :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 21st, 2007, 10:51 PM
no no not tape "engrave them" with an engraving tool ( like the one I have here in my basement) o wait that would mean you and your pack would have to come and visit, don't forget their toothbrushes :laughing: :laughing:

It'll have to wait till we get a bigger vehicle. Ours is only a 6-passenger! We'd have to bring both vehicles and we can't afford the gas! :crazy: