Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yogurt?

Ford Girl
June 14th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Is plain yogurt ok every now and then? Say a tbls or 2 with breakfast? I have done that a few times, didn't affect her, just wondering.

Have a great day! :)

Hunter's_owner
June 14th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Ye splain yogurt is great for them:thumbs up

CyberKitten
June 14th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Yougurt is a natural probiotic and is a great food for pets - I give mine a little at a time. Less for cats tho who do not handle dairy products well.

ChancesMom
June 14th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Yes, just make sure that it is both plain and unsweetened as the artificial sweeteners in some yogurts are very bad for dogs (and cats too, I would imagine).

A plus is that the probiotics in yogurt help to alleviate and excess gassiness... ;)

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Our dogs get a tablespoon or two of plain yogurt with their breakfast meal. They love it and it keeps their digestive systems on track! :thumbs up

We up the amount of yogurt they get if they're on antibiotics. It helps prevent the diarrhea that can occur with the meds--but you have to be careful...dairy products can interfere with some antibiotics. If we need to, we give them the antibiotic first, then the yogurt a few hours later.

rainbow
June 15th, 2007, 02:51 AM
I give both my boys a tablespoon of plain organic yogurt once a day with their evening meal.

geisha
June 15th, 2007, 11:41 PM
My dogs like yogurt in their Kongs as a treat. I fill then freeze the Kong. Oh and then I forget that the Kong is in the freezer until I pull something out for supper.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: