Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I feel like a bad mom

hdme
June 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Our dog was due for her 2nd dose of worming medication yesterday following her annual check-up. I left the little cap on the syringe so our little girl got the medicine and the cap shot into her mouth!!! The vet said it's fine and she'll most likely pass it in the next couple of days, but I can't help but feel absolutely horrible for shooting that thing into her mouth. I feel like such a bad mom.

mummummum
June 14th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Ooops... these things happen. Thankfully it's small and has no sharp edges. I guess the best you can do is be a Super-Duper-Poop-Snooper for the next three or four days.

clm
June 14th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Can happen to anybody. Just think how small it is, and how many things she's probably eaten (and will eat in future), that you're blissfully unaware of that haven't hurt her at all.

Cindy

Frenchy
June 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
First time I took one of the dog's temperature , I forgot to put vaseline on the thing.....:sad: and Daisy didn't even complain. :dog:

So you see, it's not so bad.

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2007, 01:02 PM
She probably thought it was a pill or little snack or something.

kashtin's kin
June 17th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Don't be too hard on yourself! We all have 'stuff' happen :eek: , but considering all the good things we do for our critters, and the sacrifices we make, I feel sure the odd OOPS (especially a minor one) is forgiven!! You sound like a very conscientious critterkeeper :thumbs up .

H.P.
June 17th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I should read more carefully, I thought that your daughter had ingested the wormer, and I wondered why you called the vet about you daughter :laughing: Then, I re-read and figured it out, Puppy should pass it just fine.

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Have you found the cap, yet, hgd24? :fingerscr :D

hdme
June 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your kind words everyone! We didn't "look" for the cap, but puppy has been fine ever since so we're sure she's passed it. I walked in the door from work that next day and apologized to her for probably 2 mins...it made me feel better, but all she wanted was to go out and pee!!! I gave her a frosty paw for a special treat that night so I'm sure all was forgiven!