Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

does anyone have....

firecat998
June 14th, 2007, 04:35 AM
hiya does anyone have any pictures of a pregnant cat? Also what are the signs? My cat has all of a sudden gotten quite big and she's been ripping up toilet roll behind our tv unit.Her teats are the same colour and size.Shes also clinging to me and eating qiute a bit of food she has also started to nip people.Thank you
firecat

CyberKitten
June 14th, 2007, 12:58 PM
There may well be pictures of pregnant cats online but that may not help you ascertain whether your kitty is pregnant. If I were you, I'd take her to a vet if yuio want to know for sure. I sort of know by feeling a cat sometimes but that is from experience with ferals and other rescued cats - I'd never allow my cats to become pregnant (unless it happened by accident which thank God it never has!) . I assume this is the case here- if you are early, you could have her spayed in time so that she does not have kittens - I am assuming she is not a Grand Champion and you are not in the show business, otherwise you would know more about feline pregnancy and birthing kittens.

Some signs your cat is pregnant include:
- pink nipples after about three weeks.
- She will become quiter and more loving. (Generally, not always)
- She sleeps
- more and are not interested in male cats.
- Weight gain is noticeable about the 5th week

Keep in mind there are also false pregnancies when an unspayed cat thinks she is pregnant.

There are pictures and more info here:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=1&cat=1366&articleid=893

firecat998
June 15th, 2007, 03:25 AM
thanks for that yes if she is pregnant it is an accient and no she not a show cat shes a non pedigree cat we call them moggies in england,we have booked her in the vets shes there on monday thanks for the link iam going to read it in abit.Here is a photo of her shes so cute: