Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wanted: To rescue a Golden Retriever

Charleydog
June 14th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Good morning,

My friend, Rene, wants to get a Golden Retriever. SHe would prefer to adopt a rescued dog. He is an experienced dog owner; his previous Golden died of old age. He has a cat, a completely fenced yard, and is semi-retired.

Winston
June 14th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Maybe you could look at the article on Simba....he sure is cute!

Good Luck! There are many here who rescue!

Cindy

Frenchy
June 14th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Charleydog, I foster for Golden Rescue Quebec, you only have 3 post so I don't think you can send pm or receive them. But you can look at our website ; www.goldenrescuequebec.com and contact me by e-mail (Nadine)

Frenchy
June 14th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe you could look at the article on Simba....he sure is cute!

Thanks Cindy :)

Charleydog
June 14th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Hi,

I should have stated that my friend Rene wants to adopt a FEMALE Golden Retriever (he had a female Golden previously). The dog should be no older than five years since he finds the lifespan too short as it is so an older dog would have just a few years in a normal lifespan.

Thanks

TMac
June 14th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Charleydog,

Definitely keep in touch with Frenchy. If they don't have a younger female right now, chances are there will be one in the near future looking for a home (sadly!). Please tell your friend thank you for wanting to adopt a rescue dog! :thumbs up

You may also want to get in touch with all breed rescues - sometimes they have goldens by chance.

Good luck and let us know how the search goes! :fingerscr

coppperbelle
June 18th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Today was a busy one with a number of dogs coming in or waiting for foster homes. It is moving season in Montreal. :sad:
Unfortunately we don't have enough foster homes to help all the dogs but we will do the best we can. If you are looking for a golden please contact a rescue member and maybe we can help match you with one.

luckypenny
June 19th, 2007, 11:02 PM
There's a 3 year old gorgeous Golden/Lab mix at the SPCA Montreal...if you call, you can ask for #812.