Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Safer Pet Food

Jennifar
June 13th, 2007, 03:38 AM
The key to finding safer food for our pets is to search out those pet food companies that use only domestically produced ingredients, not the junk that comes in from China and the other unregulated countries. Iím finding that this is easier said than done, however. If anyone has this information, please share with your fellow pet lovers!

SuperWanda
June 13th, 2007, 04:25 PM
This forum does a lot of that! :thumbs up

I am in Canada and feed Orijen which only uses human-grade, regional ingredients. Their website is www.championpetfoods.com if you want to take a look.

gypsy_girl
June 13th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Same for Go! Natural
www.petcurean.com

gomez
June 13th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Eagle Pack Holistic is a safe bet

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
June 14th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Holistic Blend is another good company. A little grainy, but very high quality. Canadian based, organic company. They do not use BHA, BHT, etc.

http://www.holisticblend.com

I am currently in the process of switching my two over to Orijen Senior as I wanted to feed them something that is more biologically appropriate, but they did and are doing good on HB, so I might just use HB's chicken formula on a rotation basis. They are apparently coming out with a grainfree formula.

Jennifar
June 14th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the link, checking this out right now! :dog:

rainbow
June 15th, 2007, 03:34 AM
I am in Canada and feed Orijen which only uses human-grade, regional ingredients. Their website is www.championpetfoods.com if you want to take a look.

Orijen (champion pet foods) also manufactures there own kibble. And, so does Innova .....www.naturapet.com :)