Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introduction from ME!

BHRR
June 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Nadine and Mila suggested this forum to me when they were here visiting on Saturday(I had such a lovely time, thank you ladies!); and so I decided to register and become a member.

My name is Gwendilin Boers and I founded plus Manage a Giant Breed Canine and Equine Rescue in Eastern Ontario, CDA. Of course, this would not be possible without my very significant husband, Sean; who is a key part of the success of our program.

In addition to operating and being part of an all Volunteer Rescue; I am a Behavouralist, a PMT and also work part-time at a Vet Hospital. My husband and I reside on a 148 acre property that we have nicknamed '25-to-life' for there is always something to be done! :)

We are also blessed to be owned by dogs, horses and two kids! :)

I look forward to participating, learning and sharing on your board as time allows. ;)

Lukka'sma
June 12th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Lukka and I would like to welcome you to the forum. You sound like a very busy lady and we hope that time will allow you to visit the board often.

mummummum
June 12th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Welcome to pets.ca ! And don't be surprized if get lots of "Ooooooo, you're the who has "The Life" we've all been drooling over. I think you will find much admiration for your choice of lifestyle and the work you do with animals ~ not to mention the immense juggling act you must perform each day. Thank you for joining our group ~ I think you'll feel very welcome here.

luckypenny
June 12th, 2007, 09:55 AM
What a pleasant surprise! Welcome Gwen! I'm wearing a smile from ear to ear :D, it was quite exciting to have seen you post. Frenchy and I haven't been able to stop discussing our visit this past weekend :) .

Definitely looking forward to having you as a member on this forum!

Frenchy
June 12th, 2007, 11:11 AM
:D I'm sooo glad you joined ! :crazy: Luckypenny is right , we can't stop talking about it,I was so amaze by you,your family,your dogs... I keep thinking and searching to find a way I can quit my job,win the lotto, buy a farm.... I saw some land for sale near your place ;)

Does this mean you will post pictures of the crew like... let's say everyday ? :goodvibes: :D

jessi76
June 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM
welcome aboard!! can't wait for pics and to hear more about you and your crew!

BHRR
June 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM
THANKS so very much for the welcome everyone!

Frenchy - OH MY! You might be sorry for what you wished for! :laughing: :p I am a little camera happy!

All of you MUST come back soon and yes, there is still plenty of land up for sale close to us! ;)

It was such a delight having all of you here this past weekend. Truly.

:D I'm sooo glad you joined ! :crazy: Luckypenny is right , we can't stop talking about it,I was so amaze by you,your family,your dogs... I keep thinking and searching to find a way I can quit my job,win the lotto, buy a farm.... I saw some land for sale near your place ;)

Does this mean you will post pictures of the crew like... let's say everyday ? :goodvibes: :D

Frenchy
June 12th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with you too much, but I was like a kid with ADD in a candy store , me with all those big dogs all around me :cloud9: :laughing:

BHRR
June 12th, 2007, 11:31 AM
LOL :laughing:

I understand. I tend to come a HUGE distant second/third/fourth to the dogs/horses and kids all the time! I am used to it! LOL ;)

That just means you have to come out again! HINT! HINT!

I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with you too much, but I was like a kid with ADD in a candy store , me with all those big dogs all around me :cloud9: :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
June 12th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Welcome to pets.ca

You sound like you are very busy, and I want to tahnk you for everything you are doing for the animals:angel:

Frenchy
June 12th, 2007, 11:33 AM
That just means you have to come out again! HINT! HINT!

Don't you worry, you don't have to hint me !!! :goodvibes:

BMDLuver
June 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Welcome Gwen! Nice of you to join! Give those big lugs n lasses a good hug from me.

breeze
June 12th, 2007, 12:01 PM
welcome to the forum can we see more pictures pleasssssee :D
can you also tell me what exactly is a behavouralist??

Frenchy
June 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Breeze , you can see other pics in the June photo challenge :cloud9:

angeldogs
June 12th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.Those are beautiful dogs you have.:grouphug: for them all:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
June 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I just got out of the June photo challenge thread and bopped on over to this forum to jump on your official welcome bandwagon!

Welcome to the board, BHRR. Hoping to see a lot of you in the future :D

And Frenchy, when you come down to kidnap the Pack, they wanna stop in at Gwen's place for a look around, so plan on a rather sizeable side trip. :laughing:

rainbow
June 12th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I guess I should have come to this thread before your other two. I'm doing everything backwards today. :o So, I already welcomed you in one of the other threads but WELCOME again......it really is a pleasure to have you here. :thumbs up

I hope you can find time to post pics of your whole crew. :cloud9:

happycats
June 13th, 2007, 08:48 PM
OMG!!! Welcome,!!! We have already had the great pleasure of seeing some of your gentle giants!!:lovestruck:

MORE PICS PLEASE!!:D

BHRR
June 14th, 2007, 07:52 AM
THANKS so much again everyone for such a lovely and warm welcome. :)

I was not sure if I should post pictures here or in the photography section; so I will begin a new thread there with some more pics(HEADS UP now...that there will be a few! ;) )

I just love the Giant Breeds and while I will always have at least one...or two :goodvibes: ; I will always have in my family a German Shepherd and a Golden Retriever. My Golden Retrievers Jasper and Klondike(Rescued at 6.5 and 7.5 weeks of life back in 1996- full brothers from different puppymill bust litters); are part of my inspiration behind opening up BHRR and Jasper is now just under 11.5 years of age and Klondike will turn 11 years old in October. I cannot believe that so much time has flown by so fast.

Enough rambling.........ON to pictures! :pawprint:

lilmegshepherds
June 14th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for saving such beautiful majestic animals

SableCollie
June 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the forums!!!! I'm always happy to meet rescue workers! :thumbs up