Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Brindle Pugs???

pugmom87
June 12th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Okay, I saw this lady the other day who tried telling me her brindle pug was akc registered. I am 99.9% positive that akc does not recognize brindle as a color. So my question is even though akc does not recognize the color does that mean that the dog can be akc registered? I got into a pretty big argument with this woman about it so help me out and let me know.
Thanks.

mafiaprincess
June 12th, 2007, 01:36 AM
A lady I am friend's with breeds pugs, she's in the states. She says silver, apricot-fawn, or black are the only choices. Likely it is AKC registered.. but the papers say black, or fawn, or something it isn't.

BMDLuver
June 12th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Quite often the brindling does not show up until a bit later in the pups. So what would have looked like a black at birth hits 6 months and the brindling becomes very apparent.

Mahealani770
June 12th, 2007, 07:38 AM
:sorry: :offtopic: ...but Pugmom, I hardly have any pugs on the pet wall here in my office, so do you have some pug pics that you could post over in the pet photography thread so that I can print them out and put them up with everybody else's pets?
Thanks,
M

clm
June 12th, 2007, 08:08 AM
A dog of a disqualifiable colour can be registered, it can't compete in dog shows and earn a championship title.

Cindy

mona_b
June 12th, 2007, 11:45 AM
A dog of a disqualifiable colour can be registered

Exactly.

Remember,when a dog is registered,it's proof that the dog is purebred.This is what they go by.They don't go by the colour,they go by the breed.

Example..The White GSD is registered as a GSD,this is the breed and it is a purebred.They can't compete in a CKC/AKC show.BUT they can compete under the "rare" breed and they can earn their CH title.So can the White Schnauzer.