Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tornado in Oakville

chico2
June 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Yesterday around 5pm everything got dark,the wind started howling,loving storms the way we do,we were outside watching....until we heard a big crack,like a tree breaking apart,we quickly ran inside.:laughing:
A huge tree-branch on one of my trees had broken,the wind was crazy,power was out for 4 hours,kind of romantic,out came the candles:lovestruck:
It was over in less than 15 min,weird,but scary..

hazelrunpack
June 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I'm glad there was no worse damage, Chico! :grouphug: Can be very scary indeed. :eek:

What did the kitties think?

Frenchy
June 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I'm glad there wasn't any damage , we had a thunderstorm aroud 9 pm but nothing near a tornado :eek:

clm
June 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
We had a lot of wind, damaged a few roses is all. The sumac looked a little worse for wear, but it's coming back to looking normal now. Loads of rain too, did we ever need it.

Do you have to take down the tree completely? Make sure you check for any serious splits in the trunk.

Cindy

rainbow
June 10th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Chico, how did the kitties react? Were they outside with you and hubby when this happened? :eek:

chico2
June 10th, 2007, 07:44 AM
No,the cats were inside,they usually stay outside with us between 9:30am and 2:30pm(in the summer,in winter it's 5min:laughing: )and they were snoozing.
It's a BIG treebranch,it's hanging down,we tried to pull it down,but we have to wait for our son to climb up and saw it off completely...no big deal,if it falls it falls in the pool.

wdawson
June 10th, 2007, 09:48 AM
yea the weather was really wild

mummummum
June 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM
We had that big storm on Friday and were in the ravine at the time playing in the muck. The thunder and lightening was bad enough but when I heard the trees (and they are BIIIIIG trees down there) cracking and falling I gathered up the troops and headed for home. :eek:

Hopefully you will get it sawed off before it falls in the pool !