Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Orijen 6 Fishy Food

mummummum
June 7th, 2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/products/ORIJEN6fish.aspx

My local Global-Ryans tell me Champion is backlogged with orders and G-R won't receive their order for another week or two. Has anyone got their paws on it yet ? If so, what's the early-days verdict ?

TeriM
June 7th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I thought the release date was mid-June.

mummummum
June 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Yup I was told in an email from Orijen that it should hit Toronto by mid-June but G-R had expected a shipment today. I was hoping folks out west might have their paws on it already :rolleyes: Just a little overly eager am I ??

TeriM
June 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Now I'm all excited. I'll have to check out the local store here tomorrow :) .

clm
June 8th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I'm going to my pet food supplier today too, I'll check and see if they have it yet and let you know.

Cindy

Ford Girl
June 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
It's been available in Calgary since May 30th, at pet Planet anyways.

When switching formulas but not brands, do you still mix it to transition them? We might try the new stuff.

I am also switching my kitty to Orijen, he's so excited!! ha!

mummummum
June 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Ooooo I'z jalous...

I would say if the essential ingredients are the same you shouldn't need to transition within the same brand. Obviously 6 fish is a single source protein but I'm fairly certain Orijen includes whitefish in their other products.

chocolatecoffee
June 8th, 2007, 06:11 PM
It's been available in Calgary since May 30th, at pet Planet anyways.

When switching formulas but not brands, do you still mix it to transition them? We might try the new stuff.

I am also switching my kitty to Orijen, he's so excited!! ha!
I'm so excited now! Which PetPlanet did you see it at? :D

I called around but couldn't find anybody who had it. I am SO excited to try it, especially since we've had such great results with the other formula.

clm
June 8th, 2007, 10:48 PM
You know, I forgot all about checking for it while I was at Rens today. Must be an age thing. :laughing: I'll have to check next week if I remember.:laughing:

Cindy

Goldens4Ever
June 8th, 2007, 10:51 PM
When I saw this thread, I was all excited to see what people have to say about it, but no one has tried it yet. :sad: It sure looks like a fabulous product.

TeriM
June 9th, 2007, 02:36 AM
I checked today but it is not at my store yet :sad: .

chocolatecoffee
June 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I e-mailed Orijen (quick reply, as always) and was told that it would enter the distribution channel on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and should be in Calgary stores within two weeks time. Now that Mocha's finally decided to eat the regular Orijen, I'm even more excited to try it and really hope that it is somewhere in Calgary...I just have to find it!

I was talking to somebody from a pet supply store and apparently its release was delayed because the lakes up north were still frozen and they couldn't fish. He said that they did manage to make a few bags though and sent them to the stores for the employees to try, and he said that his dog loved it and after only one bag his dog's coat was just like silk. It sounds too good to be true!

Ford Girl
June 12th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'm so excited now! Which PetPlanet did you see it at? :D

I called around but couldn't find anybody who had it. I am SO excited to try it, especially since we've had such great results with the other formula.

I saw it at the Douglasdale location, and when I was at the Millrise one someone was buying a bag. I have yet to decide if I should switch or stick with the regular formula, kinda... "if it's not broken, don't fix it"...she does so well on it...

SuperWanda
June 13th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Has anybody had a chance to try it yet? I am in Winnipeg and it is apparently coming next week! :thumbs up

SuperWanda
June 22nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well, I just picked up my Orijen fish! Curious to know how others are enjoying this new formula?

chico2
June 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
I am going to check my store,I am sure my cats would love anything fishy,maybe mix it with the original Orijen..

JanM
June 22nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
My local pet store has ordered a bag for me - supposed to arrive this week but it didn't show so hopefully it will be there next week!

chocolatecoffee
June 23rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
The store just got it in yesterday and I picked up a bag today...and it's a hit!

When you open the bag, you can smell the fishiness. But it's not overpowering or anything, just obvious if you stick your nose in the bag like I did lol.

It's not supper yet but I couldn't wait to try a bit of it with them. Mocha, as usual, took it in her mouth, spit it out, and walked away. She refused to eat the original Orijen at first as well, or Merrick, or anything else so I'm confident she'll decide to try it once she's hungrier. The fact that she took it in her mouth before spitting it out instead of just sniffing it is a good sign, lol.

Panna and Cannelle INHALED it. Especially Cannelle, she wasn't even chewing! I put the same amount down for her and Panna, about a small handful, and Cannelle was done and scavenging for more before Panna was even onto the second kibble. It's so exciting to see, I can't wait until supper. I have a bag of the original and of the fish formula on the floor right now and Panna and Cannelle are camped out by it...leaving it there might be kind of cruel :p.

Four paws up here!