Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help!!How do you delete a program...

heidiho
June 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I have no idea how i downloaded it to begin with,but everytime i go to the toolbar to type in something i want to find when the screen appears,at the bottom this thing called STARWARE appears with all of its listings of what i put in the toolbar,i have went to my programs and cannnot find it,i have another session opend right now with the starware sight up i went to the bottom of the screen where it has the terms of use,feedback and privacy policy but nothing says how to get rid of progrm..Anyone have any ideas,

badger
June 7th, 2007, 04:19 PM
If you go to your Control Panel and click on 'add/remove programs', you should find it there. Delete!

heidiho
June 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Ok,i really knew that.I have done that before,not sure why i couldnt remember,but never would of,so thank you,it is deleted.

dtbmnec
June 7th, 2007, 06:33 PM
You might want to run an adware/spyware scan as well...

I've not heard of this program and I wouldn't trust anything that you don't remember physically downloading...

Try a virus scan too if you want (run it just as you go to bed so its not interrupting internet time :) )

Megan

heidiho
June 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I have never heard of it either,how do i do that??The virus thing.

CyberKitten
June 8th, 2007, 02:54 PM
It sounds like malware. Download an adaware program and run it and hopefully, it will flag this program and get rid of it. Some malware programs can be very difficult to get rid of and they take over your browser -especially for people who use IE Explorer which is so insecure!! I use Foxfire for that reason and still get the occasional malware but I run weekly an anti-virus program, Ad Aware, even Spybot.

All of these can be found at places like Download.com I forget offhand the url for Ad Aware - think it is made by Lavasoft so check their web site.

Some people spend so much time creating these awful things - I actually tracked one fellow's IP and he was in Montreal and had contracts with some reputable firms. I was appalled!