Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's happening AGAIN!!!

meb999
June 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
So Buster's been on Barking at the moon for about 6 months now -- it's been the ONLY food we've ever tried that didn't give him the runs. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32016)

Well....he's got the runs again.....

We've tried everything : homecooked, raw, almost every hollistic food out there.....I don't know what to do anymore :o

luckypenny
June 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I read your last thread...by any chance, do you give him any rawhide bones? Have you tried the Canidae, either all life stages or lamb and rice? Does he get parasiticide treatments regularly? We had this problem with Lucky for the longest time. Finally, it's stopped over the last few months. We changed his diet, no more rawhide, and have his stool examined at the vet's every 2 months or so (he had a really bad problem with intestinal parasites).

Lukka'sma
June 6th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I sure know what thats like. It happened to Lukka too. We had her on four different foods and she basically had soft runny poops for the first ten months that we had her. Then I tried Orijen and within two days her poops firmed up and now she has perfect formed stools. Took so much trial and error to get to the heart of the matter but well worth the outcome once we hit on a food that she could process.

mummummum
June 7th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Meb there was some sort of "bug" running aorund Toronto a few weeks ago. Practically everyone I spoke with had a splatting/ vomiting dog for 3 days to a week. Even my cast-iron guts grrrrl Bridie caught this bug. Hopefully it's a temporary thing for Buster. :fingerscr

rainbow
June 7th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Poor you and poor Buster. :sad: :grouphug: I hope it's just the "bug" that MX3 is talking about. :fingerscr But, you could give the Orijen a try. It's an excellent food and is supposed to be easily digested. Read the "white paper" on it:

www.championpetfoods.com

KitsapLady
June 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I know these techniques usually work:

http://dogs.thefuntimesguide.com/2006/02/dog_diarrhea_treatment.php

Also Fish based doggie food may be the answer. Like Fish and Sweet Potato kibble.

I'm so sorry for your pet, please keep us posted.:grouphug:

Rottielover
June 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Meb, Harley was doing the same thing, same issue. But now that we started the probiotics....NO POOPIES. only solid stools. You can order them from natures farmacy, they are miracle workers