Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey whats up gotta question

Sgt Daddy
June 6th, 2007, 03:08 AM
My Boston terrier is almost a year old she is coming out of heat for the first time. Her skin recently has become very dry and her hair is falling out around her very small tail. also around her hind end the hair is thining. please help. how should i handle this. i wash her only when we get back from the beach and it's more of a rinse. Please Help.

Toonces
June 6th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Could be sand fleas, I would take her to a vet to make sure, must be unconfortable for her.

angeldogs
June 6th, 2007, 05:00 AM
I would take her to the vet.Please keep us posted.

mummummum
June 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
An opportune time to get her spayed as well !:thumbs up

elle112253
June 6th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Hi,
Same thing happened to me the first time :laughing: Sorry, not trying to make light of this; anytime anything goes wrong with my dogs I'm the first one to call the vet, even have his number on speed dial. I pay him enough and he's wonderful enough that he never minds hearing from me. That would be my suggestion. Hope the doggie gets better quick. Elle

erykah1310
June 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Definately time to see a vet, I would get her thyroid tested as well.

i_have_too_many
June 6th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Hair loss is usually thyroid related, especially if it is equal on both sides.

Just some food for thought about spaying, every time a dog goes through a heat it increase her chance of developing cancers of the uterus and mammary glands, even if she never has pups. So for her sake, please consider a spay. This will probably also clear up the hair loss problem since they can also be caused by hormone changes.

rainbow
June 7th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Welcome to the forum. I agree with everyone's suggestions and definitely make arrangements to get her spayed. We would love to see pictures of her as well. :)

Blathach
June 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Dear Sgt Daddy,

Thanks so much for joining our forum. You'll find in general that we are a friendly devoted bunch of pet lovers trying to help other pet lovers. Our forum does have a certain 'pulse' so please take a look here to check out the rules and guidelines. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=36&a=12)

Thanks for joining, please post some pictures of your pets if you can, and feel free to ask the members, moderators or admins for help if you need it.

Your friendly neighborhood Mod and Admin team.