Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Walking Funny

ohst8buxCP7
June 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Hi! My dog is usualy very energetic and loves to go on walks. Today when I took her on a walk she would walk gingerly but then would stop and continue walking normaly. This happened a few times througout the day in various places. any idea whats wrong

-Thanks

mummummum
June 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Have you looked at her paws, in between her toes and around the pad ? I find a magnifying glass and flashlight helpful to do a thorough examination.

Hunter's_owner
June 7th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I agree with mummummum. Take a look at the pads, you may be able to find something there. If you can't see anything, and she keeps this up, you may want to get a vet to take a look.

rainbow
June 7th, 2007, 12:11 PM
If you can't find anything on her pads or between her toes I would definitely take her to your vet. One of my previous huskies walked very gingerly occassionally. It was in the summer and at first we thought it was because of the hot pavement.

A few months later we found out he had an intestinal tumour that was causing a lot of pain so she could have something wrong internally that is causing her pain. I know when I had an ovarian cyst the pain would be sporadic and if I was walking at the time it would make me cringe. :shrug:

Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr

ohst8buxCP7
June 8th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys the walking seems to have stopped and i have a vet visit set for next week