Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Salt Spring,canada!!!!wow!

heidiho
June 5th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I have to say Canada is insanely beautiful,i get this mag COASTAL LIVING and in this one is SALT SPRING CANADA,sick,has anyone been there?

JanM
June 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Yes. HeidiHo - I've been there - I live in Ladysmith (which is even more beautiful than Salt Spring Island). To get to Salt Spring it's a 15 min drive to the Ferry then maybe 20 min on the ferry - probably less. Salt Spring is beautiful though... On Saturdays during the summer they have an outdoor market which is pretty awesome - people from all over flock there. Many local artists display their items there - for sale and there's tons of interesting stuff at the market - from oil paintings to hand-made musical instruments.. pretty cool..

heidiho
June 5th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I swear i dont know what is more beautiful Maui or Canada,god like the lakes there,in the middle of what looks like nowhere,are just incredible,and the woods or forest whatever you guys call it is just breathtaking.That place looks like heaven.

Dog Dancer
June 5th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I've been to Salt Spring a few times. It is beautiful. It has a reputation for being the place where all the old Hippies go. Full of artisan type people. I have a friend who lives there actually, he's a folk musician. Stayed one night at a bed-and-breakfast that was VERY upscale (it was a gift) at $500 per night and that was ten years ago. It did include dinner though. Salt Spring is famous for its lamb. Of course every Canadian (well most) would say Canada is a beautiful country, but really, it is!!! At my office I look out the windows at the Coastal Mountain range - when it's got fresh snow it's breath taking. Of course there are fabulous places in the US and pretty near everywhere aren't there, you just have to look for them. I'd love to see the Grand Canyon one day.

heidiho
June 5th, 2007, 07:18 PM
How funny(hippie)over here that would be Paia cool little hippie town,the sign there says welcome to paia then someone put a sticker on it that said'Please dont feed the hippies".I lived in arizona over 20 years and never saw the grand canyon,loser heidi.Also there is a place here called Hana and i am told it is insane,been here a year and have yet to go see it..But Canada man that place from pics i have seen is really unbelieveable.And yeah the US has some awesome places to,hello i am in one.I would love to see another country though,if only for the architecture.

JanM
June 5th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Here is a picture of Ladysmith Harbour - just to show you the natural beauty I am so fortunate to be a part of.. an one of some trees in an area 5 minutes from home - where I walk the dogs..

mummummum
June 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I've done a bit of travelling in my time and have to say from a "natural wonders" perspective I think Canada is easily the most awe-inspiring country in the world.

SableCollie
June 6th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I've only been to canada once, but what really impressed me was how clean it was, even in the cities. I even saw someone washing a trash barrel on the street, which I thought was funny. I got back home, and I realized, "wow, boston is filthy!" :laughing: My mom asked me how I liked canada, and then she said "It's very clean, isn't it?" :D

heidiho
June 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I have to say i have never been there but i do picture canada as totally spotless,i would live there in a minute,well cant give up the beach..Unless Frenchy won the lottery and opens her rescue place,then im coming.

rainbow
June 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I lived on Vancouver Island for a couple of years and visited some of the Gulf Islands but never made it to Salt Spring. The culture there is very much like it is in Nelson, B.C. which is about 40 minutes from where I live now. The people are very laid back (lots of ex hippies and draft dodgers from the Vietnam era), lots of arts and crafts, pottery, weaving, etc. with lots of unique little shops.

I love B.C. as there are so many beautiful lakes and forested areas and, of course, mountains. :lovestruck: The rainforests on the coast are awesome and I would love to be able to sail up the west coast and explore all the inlets and coves and visit the Queen Charlotte Islands. :cloud9:

Crestedcrazy
June 6th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I live in Shawnigan Lake on Vancouver Island just a quick ferry to Saltspring and the scenery is pretty much the same!

Just gorgeous here, I'll miss it when I have to move next year!

Rick C
June 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I have to say i have never been there but i do picture canada as totally spotless,i would live there in a minute,well cant give up the beach...

Combers Beach, Vancouver Island . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/21830021-edit1.jpg

Below, sunset at Chesterman Beach, if I recall correctly, Vancouver Island . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/21830077-edit1.jpg

Water's cold though!!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

heidiho
June 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM
OMG!! I swear the more pics i see the more i really want to visit Canada..Someday.........