Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pictures of my boys.

LavenderRott
June 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM
It has been a long time since I have talked much about my personal dogs. As many of the older members will remember, when I joined the forum I had a lovely rottweiler named Chase. She was my heart dog and I still miss her every single day.

This is one of my favorite pictures of her.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture4348.jpg

These are the new guys. The little one is my pom - Rusty. He just turned 2. I first saw him when he was two days old. He was one of three born to the last litter that my upstairs neighbor bred. :D

The big one is my Belgian Sheepdog named Reni. While he is gorgeous and show quality - he hated showing so he was neutered and given to me as a pet. He has some issues due to being under socialized.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture067.jpg

The above picture is the first one of the two of them taken together. It took Reni almost two months to decide that Rusty wasn't a tastey snack. :eek:

mummummum
June 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM
You are right LavenderRott ~ you DON"T post pix of your lovelies often enough (I too am guilty as charged I know...).

Is it just the way the picture is layed out or is Reni on the smaller side for a Belgian ? My Bridie is part Belgian (though she looks more like a flat coated retiever which as far as I know isn't in her mix at all) and I've wondered if that's where she derives her high prey drive.

Is Rusty "the boss" in your house?

And Chase ~ such a "gentle giant". :cloud9:

LavenderRott
June 5th, 2007, 12:07 PM
It's the picture. I am 5'9" tall and when he stands on his back legs, he puts his paws on my shoulders. He weighs about 72 pounds.

Here he is laying on my lap on my recliner. :eek:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Reni13.jpg

I took this picture of Rusty last night. I have some great pictures of him, but this is certainly one of my favorites. You can just see the "spunk" in his eyes in this one.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Rustyedit1.jpg

Honestly - the cat rules the house.

The first week that we had Reni, he picked Rusty up and shook him like a ragdoll. It has taken about two months to get to a point where the two of them can be loose in the house together without having a muzzle on Reni. I still have to be VERY aware of what is going on and keep an eye on Reni's body language. Reni is crated when I am not home - the children just are not capable of keeping such an eye on the dogs and would never forgive themselves if something happened.

Hunter's_owner
June 5th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Awww you don't post pics enough at all ;)

Chase was sooo beautiful :lovestruck:

Rusty does have a spunk in his eyes:laughing: and Reni really is gorgeous.

Great pics:)

mummummum
June 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah ~ that pic shows his size a little more realistically ! Bridie weighs about the same or more but she's neither very tall nor long. She's got the powerhouse chest of the Bernese but she can run like the wind.

We've had major adjustment issues between Bridie and Declan (she's the uber-alpha-BOSS) so I can empathize. Rusty certainly does have a sweet "ready-for-anything" face !

LavenderRott
June 5th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Here is a picture of the cat. His name is Scooby - what do you want from a 2 year old boy?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture074.jpg

Just to get an idea of size - Rusty weighs in at a healthy 8 pounds and Scooby the Cat weighs in at a whopping 18 pounds!!

Hunter's_owner
June 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Wow that is one large cat:D Very handsome though:)

happycats
June 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Awwww all your babies are just beautiful, and I like the name Scooby!!
and I love Belgian sheepdogs:lovestruck: My neighbours pup is starting to look like a Belgian shepdog.

papillonmama
June 5th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Your fur-family looks awesome, and they photograph beautifully. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
June 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM
They're not downloading for me :sad: will try later....

Furbaby Momma
June 5th, 2007, 07:39 PM
LavenderRott, your Belgian is gorgeous, your Pom is adorable but your cat is a knock-out his markings are so beautiful. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
June 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM
awww now I can see ! Chase was very beautiful, looked very comfy. Reni wouldn't be able to lay on me tough, I'm 5"2 :laughing: I love big dogs, Rusty sure looks like a happy little dog. Cat rules the house , here too ! :cat: thanks for sharing ...

it was about time :D

Smiley14
June 5th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Wow, they are beautiful! I don't know if I've seen pics of them before! (But I have a very bad memory!) That's great they're learning to get along...or at least tolerate each other! And love sweet Scooby ruling the house! :lovestruck:

rainbow
June 7th, 2007, 03:33 AM
I don't think I've ever seen pics of your furkids and they are all gorgeous. :lovestruck:

angeldogs
June 7th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Nice looking furkids.

hazelrunpack
June 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Great looking furbabies, LavendarRott! So Scooby runs the house, eh? He has that look about him for sure! :D

marko
June 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Wow cute shots of the doogs Lavenderott!

I wish I were 5"9 :sad:

Oh that's right I CAN be that height with the right shoes. :laughing:

and what a cute pussycat, nice shots!

Marko