Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Zoo Says Hi

want4rain
June 5th, 2007, 07:47 AM
today his name is Mister Fuzzy One. yesterday his name was Mister Get Out Of The Danged Shower, the day before that was Mister Hoover. on occasion Mister Wood Chipper and Mister Recycle Truck (depends on what he chewed up that day!)

he is the bestest bud of my 14 month old son, the former bestest friend of my 8yo daughter Cailyn (she has a new best friend every week)

he is a mutt. mom was a full black Lab, father was half Lab and half boxer/chow chow. my husband and i talked for quite some time about getting a pooch for the kids (and to keep me company all day long). juuuust as i was going to take my frist ever vacation away from the kids and hubby... he brought home this rolling puff of blackness! he was suppose to just bring home some formula for our 8 month old son... *sigh* i didnt go on vacation. i havent been on vacation since then. dont have one planned in the future any time.

he is now 8 months old and a little over 75lbs. :) we stared a home made diet of cooked meat and assorted other things about a month ago. looking to start the BARF diet with him.

he is a real handful, great retriever, water dog... which reminds me- his name was Mister No Brains the day he jumped in the river. thankfully he had his harness and leash on!!!

oh right... someone might actually want to know about the rest of the household!! my name is Ashley, im married to a wonderful man, his name is Chris. we had a wedding day accident.... his name is Jeffrey and i have a daughter from a previous thing. she is to be 8yo soon and heading off to Girl Scout camp for the first time this summer. how cool is that?? we also have 3 cats (soon to be reduced to 1 *bummed*) The Shadow Stalker, a 3yo gray tux DSH, The Mighty Hunter, his brother, a black tux DSH and Baby Girl, 3.5yo tabby DMH. i also keep assorted fish, there is a nuthatch living in a hole in the east side of the house and a squirrel with a death wish and a desire to live in our attic. :evil:

im not sure how often you will see me around here as im a talented lurker. i DO have some questions about BARF.
see ya around!

-ash

luckypenny
June 5th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome to Pets.ca Ashley :) . It sounds like you have a very busy household. We'd love it if you had some photos to share of the zoo :D .

papillonmama
June 5th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the board. :)

want4rain
June 5th, 2007, 11:21 AM
busy isnt event he word for it. :)

here is Baby Girl-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Pets/BabyGirl.jpg

Mister as a pup-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Pets/CrazyPuppyCujo.jpg

Shadow Stalker-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Pets/SillyShadow.jpg

and Mighty Hunter (and me)-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Momandhunter.jpg

maybe later when im a little less busy i will sit down and log pics of the rest of us.

thanks for the warm welcome!!

-ash

Frenchy
June 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Welcome to pets.ca, love your family :lovestruck:

want4rain
June 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM
and you havent even seen the rest of the Swift Tribe. :laughing:

here is Chris-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Family/IMG_0189.jpg

and Cailyn-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/CailynwithHat.jpg

playing the Wii (tennis)-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/CailynWiiBowling.jpg

my son-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/ChocolateBaby.jpg

-ash

heidiho
June 5th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Wow you look to young to have an 8 year old,good for you,all your pets keep you young,

Blathach
June 8th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Dear want4rain,

Thanks so much for joining our forum. You'll find in general that we are a friendly devoted bunch of pet lovers trying to help other pet lovers. Our forum does have a certain 'pulse' so please take a look here to check out the rules and guidelines. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=36&a=12)

Thanks for joining, please post some pictures of your pets if you can, and feel free to ask the members, moderators or admins for help if you need it.

Your friendly neighborhood Mod and Admin team.

mummummum
June 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the board ~ chocolate covered babies, kami-kazi squirrels, daughters playing imaginary tennis, nuthatches, wonky labX and stalking kitties ~ you're a regular roadside attracton ! :crazy:

lilmegshepherds
June 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forums

TeriM
June 9th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Welcome to pets.ca :) .

rainbow
June 9th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. You have a great looking family......both skinned and furry. :D

hazelrunpack
June 9th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the board, want4rain.

Couldn't download all your pics (due to my really really crappy connection :frustrated:), but got the pic of Baby Girl and half of Mister as a pup! :thumbs up Looks like a great family!

Looking forward to chatting with you in the forums.

want4rain
June 11th, 2007, 02:27 PM
thank you for the very warm welcome!!! one of these days soon i will post smaller pictures of the Swift Tribe!! we have a handful of questions and less and less time to ask them. :)

ive had a little time to surf around today and answered SOEM of thsoe questions. as of right now, i look forward to getting to know all of you better. :)

-ashley

chico2
June 11th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Your Baby-girl is beautiful,,,you said you have 3 cats soon to be 1:confused: what is going to happen to 2 of them:confused:
Sorry,but me and cats ...:sad: .
You have a great looking family both furry and skin, Welcome to our Forum!!

rainbow
June 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM
you said you have 3 cats soon to be 1:confused: what is going to happen to 2 of them:confused:

I never noticed that part. All three are gorgeous and I couldn't imagine parting with two of them. :sad:

want4rain
June 11th, 2007, 07:48 PM
we are having a really hard time with this. :(

Baby Girl just simply isnt happy. she was a stray we were transporting to a farm up the road from us. well, as you can see, we took one look at her and decided she was waaaay too prissy to be a farm cat. :) we decided to keep her. she really is one of the most beautiful healthy cats i have ever seen in my life. she just hates my dog... the other two cats, the kids.... she likes my husband and sometimes me. she is smart, prissy, graceful and quite brave. she just really needs a much quieter home. one that doesnt have 2 to 4 kids running around, a dog to boss around and two other cats to battle for food... cause she doesnt battle them. the boys are both 16lbs and she is 10lbs. :rolleyes:

the other one to go is Shadow Stalker. he changed when we had the baby. he use to be so tolerant with us, patient with my daughter (she was 4 when we got them as kittens) but when Jeffrey came along, he slowly got hostile to him. he has scratched Jeffrey several times now. as my Chris put it- 'if the two legged creatures dont get along with the 4 legged creatures, the 4 legged one has to go'.

i think we found a home for Shadow. my daughter has to interview the guy and decide he is ok but we know him and his other cats and it will be a good home. hopefully Cailyn wall feel the same way.

Baby Girl on the other hand... we hope that with Shadow gone maybe she will get a little happier. she wont have any real competition anymore. Hunter is a pish over, Mister is a chicken and she escapes the kids. i dont hold much of a hope myself but we are ready to try anything (short of declawing and mood altering drugs).

-ash

chico2
June 12th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Girlkitties can sometimes be a little more skittish and unpredictable than males,I still think if you teach the kids to leave her alone,she might adjust on her own and try to train the pup that cats are not stuffies.
Whatever you do,please DO NOT DECLAW,it's bad enough on a kitten,but would probably really traumatize a grown cat and she would lose all her defenses:sad:

want4rain
June 12th, 2007, 08:35 AM
in all honesty, the only two people who interact with her would be Chris and i. the kids both leave her alone, she beats up the dog, not the other way around(which is almost humorous to watch). she avoids the kids, resents the dog and doesnt get along with the other cats. she has soem vision problems and that MAY have soemthign to do with it but i dont think so. she sees some extra shadows. not that that is unimportant but she copes and so do we. no one makes fast moves next to her, we dont move furniture around(which i dont think is an issue but it makes me feel better- 'just in case').

i dont know, her specifically.... i think we have had a huge role in helping her move on from soem of the issues she had before she came to us such as a huge fear of dogs, skittishness around people- we are just now (after 3 years) able to pick her up off the ground with out her freaking out. giving her the confidence to come out of hiding under the bed all the time when company comes over... things liek that. but both Chris and i feel like she would be happier at in a house that has less traffic, dogs, cats... critters in general.. we would prefer someone with some fish because she LOVES my fish lol!! i swear she is running off with some of my Endlers Livebearers. :laughing:

:mad: as for declawing... that falls under docking tails, removing dew claws, clipping ears in this family. i refuse to physically alter my pets, family members for any reason other than serious health concerns. i feel it is selfish, cruel and terribly presumptious for a human being to assume that a cat would rather live with you with out half of his fingers and a good 1/3 of their natural defences than live outside out of a dumpster. i feel if i cant ask them, i cant assume to know their answer. we are a very libertarian house hold. that extends to our companions too. :frustrated:

-ash

marko
June 12th, 2007, 08:39 AM
What a beautiful family you have - such cute pictures!

Welcome!