Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Aggressive cat

Crazy4Cats
June 5th, 2007, 08:04 AM
I have 9 cats and they usually all get along pretty good for having so many cats.
My 3 year old male Buddy has had a few urinary problems, he has crystals and I am giving him special canned food from the vets.
A couple of weeks ago, Buddy started acting aggressive, but only towards his father, Punkin. Punkin just has to walk in the room and Buddy will have his back raised and howling at Punkin.
We have screened off our front porch so that the cats can go outside. Buddy will be at the other end of the porch and Punkin will just stick his head outside and Buddy starts howling. If I don't separate them, Buddy starts to fight with Punkin.
They have always got along so well in the past. I raised Buddy and his sister Honey since they were 6 weeks old and this has just been happening the last couple of weeks.
Whenever I leave the house, I have to put Buddy in a separate room.

Any suggestions on what may be going on with him??

I am taking my dog to the vet on Saturday and may take Buddy with me and get a Wellness Test done on him to make sure all is OK with him. :sad:

clm
June 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Have either one of them been neutered?

Cindy

Crazy4Cats
June 5th, 2007, 09:33 AM
All of my cats are neutered and spayed.
Buddy was neutered when he was 8 months old.

clm
June 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Yep, I'd take him with you to the vet. Hopefully everything is ok.

Cindy

Rainy
June 5th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Was Buddy the dominant kitty in the pack before he developed crystals?Maybe he is trying to fight his way back to the top of the totem pole now?Or he feels it's time for him to be chief and dear old dad currently holds that position?Just suggestions because I have never had more than 2 kitties at a time!