Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Quebec shelters overflowing

marsupial mama
June 4th, 2007, 06:37 PM
http://www.thestar.com/News/article/221441

marsupial mama
June 4th, 2007, 06:38 PM
some guy got a panther as apet and had its teeth and claws remove?! What kind of vet would agree to do that? :sad:

Then he got mad b/c it peed on his sofa? :frustrated:

Frenchy
June 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM
And it's not even July 1 :sad: what's it going too look like in a month ? :sad:

luckypenny
June 4th, 2007, 06:54 PM
What's horrific is that this is nothing new :sad: . I certainly agree with this statement though:

"You have to understand that when (the landlord) does accept pets the problem is never the pet itself, the problem is with the owner of the pet," says Messier, who is himself a pet owner.

So true, and so very sad.

Frenchy
June 4th, 2007, 06:58 PM
When I use to have my 2 cats , I was looking for a place to stay and one landlord refuse my application, telling me one cat was fine , but not 2 because they would play together and make a racket. :frustrated:

luckypenny
June 4th, 2007, 07:32 PM
When I use to have my 2 cats , I was looking for a place to stay and one landlord refuse my application, telling me one cat was fine , but not 2 because they would play together and make a racket. :frustrated:

Bet you didn't drop them off at a shelter though, eh ;) ?

Frenchy
June 4th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Bet you didn't drop them off at a shelter though, eh ;) ?

Well yes I did , hey, I looooved that appartment :laughing: JUST KIDDING !!! I did find one that allowed me and both cats , AND got a reduction on the lease because I had good references :angel: