Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A few new roxy pics..

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 04:48 PM
So mark went to the beach and brought this home,we put a platform up there so she coudl lay up there,just getting used to it,but not sure of this contraption..Excuse the dirty wall,anyone live where the dirt is red,it is a nightmare.

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Even though our place is so small she keeps discovering new sleeping places.

chico2
June 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Heidi,your place looks like everything a cat would want and has she ever grown,but as cute as ever:lovestruck:
Did you and Mark come to some sort of arrangement??

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Had to put that one in there,god she was so tiny and cute.Still cute just not as tiny,amrk thinks she is getting a little big, idont know what her weight is or should be at this point,need to find out..

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Basically we are just trying to work things out,neither one of us wants to break up,but i am gonna still get a part time job to pay off some credit cards and just cover myself and be able to know that ican do it if i have to,he has cut back on drinking and i am TRYING to stay clean to..

chico2
June 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Awwww,I just wuv her:lovestruck:
She might not get very big,seeing she's a female,probably weighs about 7 lb,but it's hard to tell from a pic.
My Vinnie is 18lb:laughing:

RolandsMom
June 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM
wow she has grown! im glad to hear you and Mark are trying to sort stuff out. if you love each other you can offer each other a lot of support and help each other with your respective issues!
Roxy looks like she has a load of places to play! i need to get onto something like that for Roland! youre so lucky you can find such amazing driftwood!

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Isnt that wood cool,i thought i wouldnt like it,but for her i was willing to look at it,but i actaully think it is pretty cool.So do you think she looks like she is getting overweight??Wow 18 pounds-:eek: I was thinking sunday if you exercise and play alot with your cat ,they can be totally content living indoors,i was starting to think 'WOW she will live her whole life NEVER being outdoors" and started to think it was cruel,then i really watched her and i can honestly roxy is very relaxed ,content,happy and never cries at door to go out,or make a run for it,when we open door she just sits there waiting for us to walk in,she seems perfectly satisfied with her life.

Lukka'sma
June 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM
My two cats lived their entire 18 years as indoor cats and they never complained. I often wished they could have experience outdoors too but just too many perils out there. I didn't have a fenced yard most of those years. Roxy will be OK as an indoor girl.
She does look so cute.

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I just thought wow that is kind of sad to go your whole life indoors,but you are right ot many perils,and I am probably the only one who feels bad,she seems perfectly content.

Kristin7
June 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Too cute, I love the one w/ her tongue sticking out and also the one with her eyes popping out of her head! She looks like she is totally fixated on something (a toy?). She seems to be at her ideal weight to me, just keep an eye on things. If she is reasonably active and not pigging out all the time, she'll probably be fine. Love the driftwood, also!

Frenchy
June 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
She grew up ! But she's still cute :lovestruck: I used to have a male tabby, and he was 22 lbs. All the males tabby that I see are BIG. Maybe it's just in them. Don't know about females tough.

CyberKitten
June 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Awwwwwwwww, what cute pix!!! Love the one where she is peeking out from inside the bed, lol Love it!

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I think her weight is fine to,although certain ways she will sit,man it can make her look wide..I cant remember what she was so fixated on,the only thing that gets her like that is her stick with pink feathers and shiny like not tinsel but tinsel lookin stuff on it,maybe that was there,and that pic in the bed was like the first week we had her,maybe that is why she goes crazy on that white blanket,only thing in the house she really goes in a trance kneading on,does not do that on anything else in the house,god love her.she is just the coolest.

RolandsMom
June 4th, 2007, 10:16 PM
lol. Roland is 9.5 pounds! (they are about the same age right?)
he cries all the time to go out but then i started that by taking him out on his leash. he escaped the other day but didnt go far i think, scary! im sure that they can be very content, ignorance is bliss right? and as long as they have enough to entertain them inside and get lots of love im sure they can be very happy!

clm
June 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Looks like you have everything she needs to be quite happy indoors. Love the cat tree.

Cindy

Smiley14
June 4th, 2007, 10:25 PM
I think Roxy looks GREAT! It's hard to tell a cat's weight those pics, but she doesn't look overweight at all! What a cutie!!! LOVE the driftwood sticks, those are awesome! Very cool!

heidiho
June 5th, 2007, 03:04 PM
So yesterday i am sitting on the couch and roxy is sitting right by the front door and i look up and the front door is slowly opening and i see what looks like a kid there,so i just flip out and yell hey what the f*** because roxy is right there,and i thought it was this girl that messes with bob and momma who is very annoying,but it was the little girl that lives next door,i think i scared the crap out of her she was like oh im sorry she said it like 5 times,she said i opened the wrong door(duh) i felt bad cause she is so sweet,but roxy didnt run out thank god.

Dog Dancer
June 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Roxy doesn't look like she weighs 18 lbs. She looks great - and happy! I love the cat tree also. Heidi I had two indoor cats who also lived all 18 years of their lives (okay one was 17) indoors only. They were perfectly happy and never tried to bolt. Sometimes they would sneak out onto the porch if nobody was looking, but never more than a cat hair out the door - they were too afraid to run away. If they hear the wind they were back in the house. I thought I lost one once, and after 5 hours of searching the neighbourhood found him sleeping in the flap of fabric that hangs between the foot rest and the chair part of a LaZBoy chair. If he'd been sleeping on the floor I would have seen him, but he was sort of hammocked in there so you couldn't see him when you looked under the chair. His one great escape and it wasn't:laughing: She'll be fine as an indoor only cat. Good plan for you to clear up some debt and make sure that if you ever have to move out (or even just want to) you can do it on your own. Best plan yet is that you both work together on your addictions and help each other through the tough stuff. Stay strong.

heidiho
June 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM
moved to other thread ,put in wrong one.,

chico2
June 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Yes Heidi,I think it's wrong,but I can also see Mark's side..it must be awful to see someone you love dependant on drugs.
As for the money-business,I don't really know what you are like for spending money,maybe you spend too much on non-essential things,but in a relationship you share,at least in my days.:)

heidiho
June 5th, 2007, 05:07 PM
put in wrong thread

rainbow
June 7th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Awww, Roxy. :cloud9: I love the driftwood that Mark found for her......it is soooo cool. :thumbs up Is she climbing all over it now? :)

heidiho
June 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Suprisingly she has no interest in it at all,she has jumped to where the platform is we put there for her to lay on,but she jumps right back onto her condo,she could care less for it,thats my girl..:cat: