Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Peonies finally bloomed!

Smiley14
June 3rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
My peonies finally bloomed this weekend! Still waiting for most of my other perennials to bloom, but got the stages of this one as it's one of my favorites. I think because they remind me of my Grandma. LOL!

Smiley14
June 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Starting to open....

Smiley14
June 3rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
And all the way! I think these are so pretty! I love the smell of them too.

jessi76
June 3rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
I love peonies too! I have a few in my front gardens also, but we're a bit behind this year... everything is budding, but not blooming yet.

hazelrunpack
June 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
So pretty, Smiley! :cloud9: I love the scent, too!

I have some big white ones--they were here when we moved and I love them cuz they require no work :thumbs up The Sheriff, with his love of rolling on them and flattening them, inspired me to put tomato cages around them this year, though. :D Sadly, they bloomed fully just before the big rain today... Now they're pretty trashed... I got some pics, but they won't be developed for a bit yet--film is only on #6 and still in the camera. :o

Byrd
June 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
So pretty, and I too love the smell! :lovestruck:

rainbow
June 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
I have a red one and it must be easy to take care of cuz I haven't killed it yet. :D I did forget put a cage around it this year though and now it's flattened. :sad: :o

Smiley14
June 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Ohhh, I've never seen a red one before! I bet that is gorgeous!!!! Even a bit trampled, LOL! I must be lucky because Petey leaves my plants alone. I don't have much of a green thumb either, but luckily for me, I have hardy plants that keep on growing despite me. :D

hazelrunpack
June 4th, 2007, 12:14 AM
"hardy plants that just keep growing despite me"...

Yep, that describes hazel's gardening skills as well. he he I'll show you my mouldy thumb when we come visit. :thumbs up (paint that thumb a mouldy green) brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "green thumb", eh? :laughing:

Smiley14
June 4th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Hey Hazel, are you in need of a digital camera? I have my old canon powershot that I don't know what to do with and no one in my family has need of it either. It's only a 3 or 4 megapixel, so very simple, but still works great for every day shots! Just thought I'd ask since you mentioned using a film camera. :)

Winston
June 4th, 2007, 06:33 AM
For those of you that really like the peonie...you may like this one~ It is a tree peony that I got last year~! It bloomed bueatiful this year..Although this shot was taken last week...it was in full bloom on the weekend! It smells really nice as well.....I noticed that the tree peony does not get ants!

Cindy

papillonmama
June 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM
those are great pics. I like peonies too, but haven't attempted planting any yet.

Winston
June 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
They can be hard at first....The roots must be very close to the top of the soil and just lightly covered or they will not bloom.

Cindy

Smiley14
June 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Winston, that shrub one is awesome!! I love the leave shape and the yellow color is gorgeous! I've never seen one before! Very cool! Do you know how big they grow approximately?