Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baxter Pics

clm
June 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
The little monkey is 12 weeks old now. He's growing like a bad weed and insists on playing too close to the pond. I know he's going to end up in it one of these times...we'll have to get wet if he does, he's too big to fit in the net now :laughing:
First pic is yesterday morning, after playing in all the dewy grass, second one he's on the ledge of one of the bogs, the 3rd he's walking along the front raised edge of the pond.

Cindy

papillonmama
June 2nd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Oh my gosh! I had no idea you had such a young pup, he's soooo adorable. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
June 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM
What a big ball of fur !!! He's sooo cute, seems already big for a puppy, how much does he weight ? BTW, love your backyard :cloud9:

clm
June 2nd, 2007, 10:11 AM
It's been a couple of weeks since he's been weighed, but I'm guessing he's got to be at least 20lbs now. It's all that good food you guys taught me about. :laughing:
They always look bigger than they really are....it's the fur.
Thanks for the comment on the backyard....unfortunately the one shot shows the rock garden and it still hasn't been fully weeded yet. Baxter has been a deterent to weeding this year, hard to keep an eye on him and pull weeds. Now it's too hot to work up there. I'm hoping it'll cool off some soon, some of the weeds are almost as tall as me. :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
June 2nd, 2007, 10:23 AM
some of the weeds are almost as tall as me. :laughing:

Cindy

don't worry about it, you should see my backyard :eek: Funny how you posted about that breed of dogs , we barely see any of them here in Quebec...but look at what I've found not long ago, I tought about you,

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8452639

angeldogs
June 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Good looking doggie.he's a growing.also like the back yard.you have grass i'm jealous.

hazelrunpack
June 2nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
What a cute little fluff ball!

And I hear ya about him being a deterent to weeding...and probably lawn work, house work, quiet afternoons, and a peaceful life in general! :D But you just gotta love puppies, eh? :thumbs up I've got so many good memories of their antics growing up....sigh :cloud9:

clm
June 2nd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone, he's been a lot of fun so far, more fun to come when we get Bentley the end of this month. :D
Frenchy, that female at petfinder has a lot of kees in her. She's got that typical friendly, happy kees look. The breed itself has gotten much harder to find, I guess the coat and their stubborn nature has kept them less than popular, it's better for the breed if they're not that popular anyway. They'd be the perfect breed for most of the Canadian provinces, they love winter and hate summer, so you gotta like taking winter walks with this breed because that's their favorite time, the colder the better. They have no doggie odor either, which is a nice plus. Heat on the other hand, is their enemy...it's been really hot here today and Baxter has not been willing to outside on his own volition, so we've had to carry him out and all the way up to the pond so he has a long way to walk back and do his business on the way :laughing: He likes to stay inside in air conditioned comfort.
I'm not too worried about the weeds, they're not going anywhere unless I pull them :laughing: Just trying to really keep on top of the ones that produce burrs, burrs and a kees coat is a recipe for disaster.

Cindy

rainbow
June 3rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Baxter is gorgeous. :lovestruck: I especially love the second pic. :cloud9:

Smiley14
June 3rd, 2007, 11:30 PM
Wow, he is growing, well, like a weed! LOL! :laughing: Just kidding! What a beautiful boy!!! And your yard is gorgeous!!!! LOVE the pond!!!

TeriM
June 4th, 2007, 12:48 AM
He is such a cutie :lovestruck: . Sure has a mischievious look in his eyes though, I think you'll definately have your hands full with the two of them :D .

Frenchy
June 4th, 2007, 08:03 PM
it's better for the breed if they're not that popular anyway.

You bet ! :highfive:

Rainy
June 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
He's soooooooo damn cute!Get him a baby pool and float a sqeaky CUZ or 2 in it and he should enjoy summer more!:thumbs up

heidiho
June 4th, 2007, 08:42 PM
What a friggin ball of cutenessssssss

Love4himies
June 5th, 2007, 06:54 AM
What a big teddy bear. I bet Baxter gets lots of attention when he is out on walks.

Your yard looks beautiful and don't worry about the weeds, nobody would notice them with Baxter outside, and anyway, it is more fun to spend time with critters, than weeding.

chico2
June 5th, 2007, 07:35 AM
OMG,too cute for words:lovestruck: who cares about weeds,when you have that little thingy running around:laughing:
In the back of my mind I seem to remember something about Kees-hounds beeing a breed from Finland,but then again,my mind often plays tricks on me lately:frustrated:

clm
June 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Actually it's the Dutch and Germans who argue about where the breed is from, it's known as the Dutch Barge Dog, and the name Keeshond has something to do with a political party that did or does exist there.....the Germans call the breed the German Wolfspitz and say it originated there.

Cindy

Furbaby Momma
June 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Clm, Baxter is so adorable and I agree with the others your back yard is beautiful. :cloud9: