Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Go! Natural by PetCurean

SEVIIN
May 31st, 2007, 02:36 PM
So, it's been a long road since I decided to switch my pets to all natural food. I found one that I want to feed and that's EVO but I can't get EVO shipped to me unless I pay like 20 shipping per bag so that's just rediculous or spend atleast $25-$30 or more in gas to get it at the nearest supplier. I'm still trying to find new ways to get it though. There is a store about 15 mins from me that said they can order in Go! Natural by PetCurean for me. www.petcurean.com would anyone mind taking a look and letting me know if this is a good option or not, or if I should just stick with trying to find an EVO supplier? For my dog I want to get her the Grain Free Kibble and for my Cats they will get the Dry and Wet food. Thanks :p

gypsy_girl
May 31st, 2007, 03:44 PM
I Love this food, and dogfoodanalysis.com has it as a top food. It has prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes, and the first ingredient is in meal form, so you are getting more bang for your buck.
I heard they were doing a grain free cat too....

SEVIIN
May 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Wow :eek: that's pretty cool I just took a look at there site. I like that EVO is right under them too, so it makes me feel good about choosing Go! Natural. Thank you very much gypsy! It's going to be so much easier this way because it's so close to the supplier where I can get it. :thumbs up

Oh and I would love for them to come out with a grain free for cats too, I'm just worried about my one cat though, she has a really weak stomach and I'm wondering if it might be too hard on her having that much protein in her system. The other cat can eat anything tho!

SableCollie
May 31st, 2007, 04:47 PM
I like either the grain free one or the salmon one. The chicken one has more rice than chicken. :)

SEVIIN
May 31st, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah I like the idea of Grain free too Sable, I'll do that for our pup. Thanks for your input! :thumbs up

geisha
May 31st, 2007, 04:52 PM
The grains that are in it are whole though, and the first 2 ingredients are chicken & chicken meal. If your pup cannot tolerate grainfree then Go! Chicken Fruit & Veg is a good choice.

SEVIIN
May 31st, 2007, 05:05 PM
The grains that are in it are whole though, and the first 2 ingredients are chicken & chicken meal. If your pup cannot tolerate grainfree then Go! Chicken Fruit & Veg is a good choice.

Hey geisha, yeah my dog will be okay, I meant that one of my Cats might not be able to tolerate a Grain-Free food. Go! hasn't come out with a grain-free food for cats yet anyway but just in case. I might try her on it for a little bit, just wean her onto it after 10 days and then watch her for a couple weeks and see how she handles it. I'm almost thinking because they are indoor cats that I shouldn't but I'll keep looking into it. Thanks :)

SableCollie
May 31st, 2007, 05:12 PM
The chicken one is fine, it's just that it has brown rice, white rice, rice bran...with that and the fact that the non-meal "chicken" will fall down the ingredient list once the water is removed for processing, it's just pretty rice-y, that's all. :o

Actually the salmon one is pretty "oat-y" as well, so I guess it just depends on what your dog does better on.

It's funny that they have a grain-free dog food and not one for cats. :shrug:

sugarcatmom
May 31st, 2007, 06:35 PM
Honestly, I would stay away from the dry cat food. Definitely too many carbs in that one. How about just feeding canned food? It's really better for cats to get some moisture with their diet, as they've evolved from desert creatures where little water was available. This has resulted in a low thirst drive. A cat fed only dry is chronically dehydrated by 3-4%, which is hard on the kidneys. You mentioned feeding both dry and wet, but dry is actually quite unnecessary if your dudes like canned (and it's a myth that dry is good for teeth). Here's some stuff to back me up: http://www.catinfo.org/

Good luck with your quest to find some good eats for your guys.

SEVIIN
May 31st, 2007, 07:23 PM
The chicken one is fine, it's just that it has brown rice, white rice, rice bran...with that and the fact that the non-meal "chicken" will fall down the ingredient list once the water is removed for processing, it's just pretty rice-y, that's all. :o

Actually the salmon one is pretty "oat-y" as well, so I guess it just depends on what your dog does better on.

It's funny that they have a grain-free dog food and not one for cats. :shrug:

Yeah I don't understand why they wouldn't have made a grain-free cat food either. You'd think if your gonna put your dog on it why not that cats too right? hmmm :confused: (or in my cat's situation, maybe not)

SEVIIN
May 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Honestly, I would stay away from the dry cat food. Definitely too many carbs in that one. How about just feeding canned food? It's really better for cats to get some moisture with their diet, as they've evolved from desert creatures where little water was available. This has resulted in a low thirst drive. A cat fed only dry is chronically dehydrated by 3-4%, which is hard on the kidneys. You mentioned feeding both dry and wet, but dry is actually quite unnecessary if your dudes like canned (and it's a myth that dry is good for teeth). Here's some stuff to back me up: http://www.catinfo.org/

Good luck with your quest to find some good eats for your guys.

You know that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. My cats love their wet food. I stopped feeding it to them after the recall and switched their food to a higher quality until I can get them onto natural food. So I think they miss it :sad: . But there are some great 100% Chicken, Buffalo etc... canned foods that I noticed called Evangers Dog & Cat food. They have the entire animal in a can pretty much lol, so I think I might do that. They are both 6 years old now but I'm sure they wouldn't miss dry food one bit.:p

Thanks for the idea, I think it's something to definitely look further into!

Edit - NOOO :eek: the buffalo is for dogs sorry but the cat food has lot of choice too.

rainbow
June 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
The dogs just finished a bag of Go Natural Grain Free and they loved it. I am now using Orijen which is better IMO.

www.championpetfoods.com

JanM
June 1st, 2007, 04:48 PM
Both my dogs are on Go Natural - we started with the Chicken formula but Bobby gained a whack of weight on it and Amber got a skin rash so I changed to the Salmon formula - both did well on that. Bobby is now on the Go Natural Grain free and, given that he has food issues (can't handle lots of other kibble - like Lamb & Rice, can't handle raw food, etc. etc.), he is doing very well on it. Amber will be changed to the Grain Free when the bag of Salmon is finished.