Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hi

zhasha_owner
May 31st, 2007, 11:21 AM
hello..im new...i am looking for a small dog..non shed..got any breeds?

bosluv001
May 31st, 2007, 11:27 AM
hello..welcome..um iwouls have to say a maltese or yorkue..for purebred..but shih poos are nice

Hunter's_owner
May 31st, 2007, 11:51 AM
Welcome to pets.ca
Hard to find a dog that don't shed. :shrug:
"Shih poos" can not be characterized as a non-shedding breed. Because they are mutts, you cannot be sure;)

zhasha_owner
May 31st, 2007, 01:02 PM
does anyone know how big abichon frise will be?

bosluv001
May 31st, 2007, 01:06 PM
no..sorry i dont..if you want a small dog..why dont you look in the classified section of your newspaper..tehre are lots of diff.kinds of dogs there..and they are cheap

SableCollie
May 31st, 2007, 01:09 PM
Here (http://www.akc.org/breeds/bichon_frise/index.cfm) is the bichon breed standard. They are small dogs. You can check http://www.petfinder.com for any bichons or other breeds who need homes in your area.

Welcome to the forum! :)

breeze
May 31st, 2007, 01:24 PM
yes looking on www.petfinder.com is an great idea :thumbs up

zhasha_owner
May 31st, 2007, 01:31 PM
great thanks..and um..is a maltese smaller then a bichon?

Dogastrophe
May 31st, 2007, 01:40 PM
Hi and welcome,

"Non shedding" dogs really do not exist, however some shed far less than others. Low shedding small dogs that come to mind are Min Poodles, Yorkshire Terriers, Silky Terriers, Maltese.

Please consider adopting from your local shelter / rescue or from a reputable breeder and not from newspaper classifieds. Most people who sell through the newspapers are either BYB's or puppy mills (or agents for puppymills). These outfits are not interested in bettering the breed but are interested in your $$.

Best of luck in your search.

zhasha_owner
May 31st, 2007, 01:42 PM
great sucsess..i found a dog on pet finder..she is 9 weeks old and is a cross between a brussels griffon and a yorkie..so now i am looking into buying her..thats for the help:):thumbs up

SableCollie
May 31st, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm glad you were able to find a dog on petfinder. :thumbs up Let us know if you adopt her!

Hunter's_owner
May 31st, 2007, 01:51 PM
great sucsess..i found a dog on pet finder..she is 9 weeks old and is a cross between a brussels griffon and a yorkie..so now i am looking into buying her..thats for the help:):thumbs up

That is great. Much better to go through petfinder than ads in a newspaper like others have already said :highfive:

zhasha_owner
May 31st, 2007, 02:14 PM
ya i know..im glad..i dont know hwy bosluv001..would even tell me to go look in hte paper..um byb..um no thanks..i would rather rescue a dog..well i e-mailed the person..so now im just waiting to get a reply

~michelle~
May 31st, 2007, 02:19 PM
goodluck on the rescue (thaks so much for considering a rescue)
let us know how it works. and if that dog doesnt work remember there are thousands on petfinder and many that can be found in local shelters!!! :D